[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I go to college, suffer through four hours of chemistry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: carrotjuice.jpg (70 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
carrotjuice.jpg
70 KB, 720x540
Should I go to college, suffer through four hours of chemistry and tick the box next to my name on the attendance sheet or stay home in my comfy bed today, robots?
>>
lol the fact that i skipped college all the time seems so trivial now
>mfw skipped 3 weeks of work after 5 months of only coming in to work for a few hours to sit on the computer
>mfw not even opening my email
>mfw hoping to just find a new job so i can pay rent next month
>>
>>28039858
I had Chem 2 at 10am and I went to every exam still drunk as fuck from the night before and got an A on all of the exams. Basic chem is really easy, it's just some algebra. I got C's Ochem though, that stuff is a lot harder. The labs are fun as fuck though.

Just go to class, if you can't pass basic chemistry you're literally retarded.
>>
The answer is always bed. Nothing bad happens in bed
>>
>>28040123
Just some algebra? Did you guess your way through the "write this reaction" exercises or something? You need to memorize a lot of those motherfuckers, and there isn't even any central place to look them up in.
>>
>>28040220
Are you talking about something basic like an acid base reaction? It's been like 3 years since I had basic chem but it was a lot of just using an equation to solve for the missing variable. It's like concentrations, equilibrium and pH changes.

It wasn't until ochem where we had to propose a way to get a specific product and write out a detailed mechanism for the reaction.
>>
>>28040220
no, you don't.
use your underdeveloped brain, you fucking low iq brainlet.

If you understand electronegativity you can predict a wide variety of reactions near effortlessly.
>>
>>28040412
Geez, anon, go easy on me. I don't understand electronegativity.
>>
>>28039858
Chemistry is interesting as fuck. Go to class and learn awesome shit
>>
>>28040428
Just fucking google or or something.
It's basically a metric how strongly an atom attracts electrons, in reference to hydrogen.
Fluorine has the highest, Cesium or something has the lowest and all the other elements are inbetween.
>>
>>28040492
And how do you go from that to predicting reactions?
>>
>>28039858
You should go to every single class, even if they bore you to tears

I fucked up at uni by partying literally every day instead of going to class and it started a downward spiral that I'm now just starting to climb out of at the age of 27

Don't fuck around because of how you feel in the moment

Be smart and always keep your goals in mind
>>
>>28040492
I remember this from Chem2. OP is an idiot who probably skips class so he doesn't know what a dipole is.
>>
File: aussie.png (200 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
aussie.png
200 KB, 2000x1333
>>28040501

Differences in EN can be used to predict which products will be favored in a reaction, and other fun stuff too!
>>
>>28039858
Try to get up and go. At the end of the day you might feel tired, but it's better than feeling like a lazy sack of shit and slowly becoming numb. Don't let the warm blanket drown you, anon.
>>
Bugs Bunny don't need no college
>>
>>28040501
Use your fucking brain.
Memorization, except for a couple core concepts is largely unneeded in chemistry, especially on the level you are at right now.
It's all about understanding the core concepts and applying them.

For example, you should know without thinking why Mercury isn't very reactive.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.