[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is surreal. A kind of melancholic beauty I could never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1461187171160.jpg (49 KB, 960x669) Image search: [Google]
1461187171160.jpg
49 KB, 960x669
Life is surreal.

A kind of melancholic beauty I could never put into words. It's an experience that I feel like I should never give up, and yet there are still the nights I crave nothing but freedom from it.
>>
>>28039795
that huge number of people alive always impresses me. there are like what, 8 billion stories going on, each one with their favourite food, that stupid thing they did when they were five, their secret dream and so on.

takes my breath every time im on the train.
>>
i feel it too,
>>
>>28039876
It hits you hard when you realize the intricacies of human life. Makes you want to question your own identity.
>>
Do you believe in The Lord, anon?
Could you enjoy existence for eternity?
>>
>>28040017
I've never been religious. My parents were both atheists as a small child, so I never put much thought into religion until later in my life when it became relevant.

I suppose whether or not I could find an appreciation for eternal life comes down to the specifics of the religion. Heaven sounds nice, and I heard they serve cold iced tea, but I don't know if it's anything that's well in my grasp.
>>
>>28039876
It's really hard for me to process the fact that other people live their whole lives in a 1st person view too. Imagine someone you know and everything they saw and felt throughout the years before they even knew we existed.

shit's wild.
>>
Studying cell bio is what made me most fucked up

There are billions of processes, reactions, movements, and in general extremely elaborate activity happening per second in a single cell of our body. Every cell is more active inside and is so much more complicated than astronomical processes and events.

And then especially fucking proteins and nucleic acids (dna)

Have you any idea what the actual fuck DNA is? It's bullshit chemicals in a fuckhuge sequence that, based on which molecule it has at its end, serves as a fucking information carrier.

Doesn't sound too complicated right? Just molecules arranged in ways to code for info? Well not when you realize that it is that same DNA that created itself. That DNA is replicating itself thousands of times in a single cell, not only making self-reliant copies of itself but then also coding for millions of biological processes. And this is only at a cellular level, still.
Combine this bullshit with the macroscopic world, with the human consciousness and it becomes too absurd, simply.

Tl;dr a massively complex self-replicating arrangement of chemicals is capable of evolving into the complexity that is the human consciousness and that is bullshit
>>
>>28040130
Beautifully constructed tl;dr, anon
>>
>>28040130
im studying biology myself and i agree its absolutely ridiculous. all these complex regulatory processes going on in every living cell of every organism on earth, crazy.
>>
>>28040224
Exactly. Every single cell goes through so much shit per second just to stay alive, and then the way they work together dependent on each other yet also indepently to create the massively complex life found on earth...

Just fuck that. It's all absolutely magical and supernatural. Life itself is proof of a universe/world with more to it than apparent to the eye or measurable by science.
>>
>>28040060
Every man thinks he's the center of the universe
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.