[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>12 life sentences in prison without the possibility of parole,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: James_Holmes__cropped.jpg (18 KB, 217x224) Image search: [Google]
James_Holmes__cropped.jpg
18 KB, 217x224
>12 life sentences in prison without the possibility of parole, and an additional 3,318 years

> an additional 3,318 years
>>
It's the American court system....they always do stupid pointless shit like that.

>hurr durr i award the plantiff 959 trillion dollars in damages
>nobody actually pays anything
>hurr durr i sentence the defendant to 5000 years prison time
>nobody actually serves 5000 years
>>
>>28039440
It's some scientologist shit we goyim could never hope to understand.
>>
>>28039440

Why the fuck did he dye he's hair orange tho? I wonder what that did for him in the big house.
>>
>>28039440
It's the principle that counts. The point of the justice system isn't to make you safer or change criminals it exists to carry out punishments. We should cut off hands and make people eat their own feces but we won't
>>
>>28039485

Imagine how fucking cool it would be to hook the worst criminals up to nightmare machines that actually prolong their life to the full sentences
>>
>>28039908
I wonder if that's where I am right now....
>>
>libcucks will defend not giving him the death sentence
>>
File: spooky.jpg (231 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
231 KB, 863x752
>>28039908
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3973198/?ref_=ttep_ep1
>>
>>28039908
immortality will probably happen in our lifetime, maybe even for criminals
>>
>>28039929
Wow, that was pretty deep.
>>
>>28039929
It would explain a lot.

My robot life is just punishment for crimes I committed in the past.
>>
>>28039440
I think it's the impact of it that shows just how much the law has come down on a person.

Giving a person 3.318 years in prison gives off a much stronger message, compared to just giving someone life with no chance of parole.
>>
>>28039929
i think about this all the time. FUCK.
>>
>>28039970
that chapter was brutal
>>
>>28039908
I've seen French and English court cases that have things like giving 2 and a half life sentences for a serial killer
>>
>>28040094
Is that message that the justice system is completely retarded.
>>
>>28039440
Wow, they really made a point!
>>
for 1, the time results of the accumulation of all senteces for all the crimes he committed
2, it makes impossible for any lawyer trickery, because if he manages to dodge one life sentence there's still 11 to go and 3318 years
>>
>>28039440
He's getting off easy, it'll only be 3150 with good behavior
>>
>>28039485
It's not stupid, it's so that all crimes committed have a sentence to serve. What if a guy was sentenced for killing 20 people, and he got one life in prison sentence (since he'll die in prison, why do more), but a few years later evidence was found proving he didn't kill one of them. He's aquitted of it, and gets to go free.

That's why they do that. So that each and every crime they commit has a punishment.
>>
>>28040094
It's not a "message" you fucking retards.

>Guy kills a dude, gets life in prison
>turns out he killed another guy
>he's already in prison for life, fuck it. Guilty, no further sentence.
>Aquitted for first murder
>gets to go free.

You idiots don't know the law very well, do you?
>>
File: DENNISREYNOLDS3.jpg (531 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
DENNISREYNOLDS3.jpg
531 KB, 900x506
>>28039929
Oh my god. that's why I have so many dreams about just having murdered someone

THAT'S MY REAL LIFE
>>
Yeah this is retarded. Do you have any idea how much money it actually costs taxpayers to house prison inmates? Let alone one inmate taking up 3,318 years worth of taxpayer money. This system is retarded, just kill him already.
>>
>>28040571
Also to make victims or their families feel better knowing that the criminal is punished for their crime
>>
>>28039929
WAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEE UPPPPPPPP

Spaghetti confetti
>>
>>28040596
He's not going to acquitted of these murders one day
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.