[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: post your dream that probably isn't achievable I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 1460250908703.jpg (190 KB, 1024x710) Image search: [Google]
1460250908703.jpg
190 KB, 1024x710
itt: post your dream that probably isn't achievable

I'm 20 years old and 5'6 and a skeleton that hasn't exercised in a while, but I really want to become part of US special forces. If I exercised rigorously for a year or two, would I make it?

I don't want to become a part of the army or military because it's full of chads and normies, but special forces should consist of actual mature people, right?
>>
>>28039181
I want to become a qt girl but I'm a guy and I don't want to mangle my penis
>>
>>28039181

Mathematician

Shit at math. Will never understand it on an intuitive level.
>>
I'd like to join my country's military, but since my parents are basically hippies in terms of pacifism that's basically impossible. (also being a fat oaf with no social skills doesn't help either)
>>
Also wanting to join miliitary.

I can do the standards and above for pushups and situps, just got to get my cardio up, but I'm on a routine for that, and should be sub 10 minute 1.5 mile in 2 months.
>>
>>28039473
Does the idea of militarism have any connection to /r9k/? I mean, a good portion of us here don't value our lives so we try to make the best use of this trait by risking our lives in combat?
>>
File: willie.jpg (35 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
willie.jpg
35 KB, 599x400
>>28039441
>>28039473
This, but SAS or bust. Unfortunately I'm an asocial loner who couldn't pass the psych tests even if I could pass the physical tests.
>>
>>28039181
You're only 20.
What is your workout?
I'm a POG. But basic shit is my standard.
>>
File: 566049-ben_wallace.jpg (25 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
566049-ben_wallace.jpg
25 KB, 512x640
>turning 22 next month
>still dream of playing pro basketball
>5'7
God hates me
>>
>>28039625

person of golor? :DDDDDDD
>>
>become famous musician to put myself in a position of power to woo my relatively youtube famous waifu

the dream never dies fambotz, it only sleeps
>>
>>28039181

Special forces is for ultra-chads who literally give no fucks about anything and embrace being beat down physically and mentally on a daily basis.

Talk to the Marines.
>>
File: 8687371329_25280db6f9_k.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
8687371329_25280db6f9_k.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1365
>>28039181
Be rich? I have specific ways I'd spend that money though

I want to own apartments in Shanghai and Tokyo

I want to be that underage kid who had a cheap motorbike somehow and rode the metropolis highways at night without being caught. 16, backpack full of beer, MP3 player in ear, 2AM on a weeknight, random highway in Tokyo, summer. I know it fucking happened IRL, probably hundreds of times to many different kids between 1990 and now, I've seen it in my dreams. Was possibly the coolest kid of his school. Or not, it doesn't matter. I wanna be that guy

I've only had glimpses into the good things in life, never the full experience

And now, I'm old
>>
>>28039579
>Unfortunately I'm an asocial loner who couldn't pass the psych tests even if I could pass the physical tests.
Oh and that's the same reason nobody else here will make it.
>>
>>28039655
wud da fug
I told you I'm in those leagues I play by those rules. You hear stories about battles and invasions, I met men that were there. I was too late to get my shit together for the last big thing going down.
I don't mind trying to help set a kid on the right path if it is what he wants to do.
>>
>>28039181
The game is 90% mental brosephine.
If you can endure suffering and have the will to do hard shit you can make it.
r9k is the exact opposite of that personality.
We don't endure hard shit, we have less than 0 willpower. We like the idea of the end result, not the hard work involved in getting there.

This is not a rational thing you can think your way out of. We are irrational people. If we could just fucking think our way out of depression or anxiety or giving up we would be here. Since we cannot, trying for the special forces is setting yourself up for failure.
>>
>>28039849
smashed that nail on the head straight into the core of the earth fambot
>>
>>28039741
I was close but far

19, driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse through Toronto, for that purpose

16, driving a bike through Tokyo, as ambiance (you have a goal)

Worlds apart.

Reminds of the teenage love threads on here. At least I kind of had that.
>>
>>28039707

Ultra-chads maybe, but will they not respect me if I qualify to be there? I feel like the marines and army is full of immature people from highschool that won't respect me for being quiet and ugly.

>>28039849
I think I can maybe muster the willpower and endure suffering. I just don't want to partake in society since I'll never be respected.
>>
>>28039912
>>28039902
>>28039849
Y'all wouldn't even get through meps. This thread is going to be a pathetic circle jerk.

OP if you even make it to basic/osut at least be able to make the APFT standards for your age group before you go if you wanna go for a job that is high speed on physicality.
>>
>>28039912
>I think I can maybe muster the willpower

Do you have any evidence to support this theory?
What have you done that's hard?
When have you wanted to quit or give up or just lie down and told yourself no?
When have you ran straight into a wall, had your ass handed to you, got back up and ran at the wall again?

I know how you're feeling. I have that same fantasy. But when the chips are on the table I fucking quit, and I do not have control over it.
I feel like complete shit one day and I stop functioning on a basic level.
I stop waking up, cooking, exercising. I can't even handle the most basic aspects of functional life. And yet I entertain the fantasy that I could handle something guys who eat pieces of shit like me for breakfast routinely check out of.
>>
>>28039982
>What have you done that's hard?
Not him but I got a masters degree. I hated every minute of it but I considered myself committed so I pushed through two years of agony, I couldn''t let myself quit. That's gotta count for something.
>>
>>28039982

You're right, I've never done anything hard nor have I been very persistent.

Let's just assume I'm mentally capable, will I be able to qualify physically at age 22 if I exercise rigorously from now until then? Or is age 22 too late and I won't be fit enough still?
>>
>>28039181
I want to become the bf of a qt from my class, sadly she looks really fit while I'm a skeleton and she is also about the same height as me, if not taller. We have crossed eyes in several occasions but I think there's no realistic chance of her looking at me as an equal even.
>>
>>28040063
>22
>too late
bro the average age for spec ops is like 30.

If you really want to pursue this put special operations out of your mind. Assume you did not make it. You are still in the military, doing what? Is that where you want to be? Because you don't join basic as a SEAL or a SEAL trainee. You join the military first, you have a job like everyone else. And if you are dope and do dope shit you get the opportunity to try out for spec ops.
Joining the military is undergrad. Spec ops is graduate school. Either way, you still have to go to college like everyone else.
>>
Write a series of novels that I'm reasonably proud of that eventually means something to someone other than myself. I hate myself every day I don't work on it. But when I focus on it, the self-doubt and knowledge of the time it takes regardless eat me up inside.
>>
>>28039181
to make a webcomic with a reasonable fanbase.
>>
I am 19 and really want to get the fuck out of town. I have 5K in savings but no family or friends out of state to move in with. I live with my mom and in some little dumpy flat in little tijuana (SoCal)

I am Caucasian and literally a minority in the area. I just wanna move to a state with lower cost of living, taxes, more gun friendly, and more cozy. Living in this concrete jungle when you're poor is depressing.
>>
I want a short cutie I can hug straight into my chest and can hold hands with on sunny day driving.

I'm a hopeless degenerate.
>>
>>28040748
If I had 5,000 in savings I would be on a road trip across america. I have 600 dollars to my name.
Why don't you explore a little before you sign your soul away to some slum lord for 700 bucks a month for a place to lay your head.
>>
File: 1454965298936.jpg (115 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454965298936.jpg
115 KB, 500x500
>>28040180
Coming from someone who also wants to write a few novels, but hasn't been able to tie himself down to do it due to a few recent medical issues.

I have a suggestion for you, a piece of advice from Stephan King actually.

Don't wear yourself out by working through long streaks of writing. Most writers tend to think they need to spread out thousands of words a day, when the process of big-name authors writing books can take up to years. Instead, commit yourself to writing a decent word count a day. If you wrote 1,000 words a day, you'd have written 30,000 in a month. Thats 10k words short of the entire average novel, and just enough for 4 short stories.

As for the self doubt, theres always a risk of failure. The motions of designing works of anything expression-able wouldn't be as exciting or fulfilling if there was no risk. The reward comes knowing your hard work and dedication pays off.
>>
>>28039181
> I have the body of a boy but I want to kill people for a living and be paid with money stolen by the government
>>
>>28040778
Not him, but I have around that same amount of money saved up and I think I just realized you're right. Holy shit, I don't have a job right now, I have no responsibilities, I feel like shit, and I have a fucking car. Thanks anon
>>
>>28039181
To never work
I just want freedom
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.