[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Libertarian robots on here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: more government.jpg (125 KB, 1127x1127) Image search: [Google]
more government.jpg
125 KB, 1127x1127
Any Libertarian robots on here?
>>
>>28035591
Yes, unironically. inb4 someone calls us edgy fedoras, I just want society to leave me alone.
>>
>>28035591
Both parties want more control and more government. they're both wrong.
I really wish the libertarian wing would oust the religious fanatics from the republican party
>>
>>28035591
One day I'll own this boot.jpeg
>>
>>28036293
Can't agree with you more. The religious right hates abortions but then hates criminals. Make up your mind christcucks. Either you hate niggers and you let abortions happen because they kill them or you ban abortions and you give all your money to the poor.
>>
>>28036293
Well if there was ever a year for a third-party candidate, this looks like it. I think I'll be Feeling the Johnson in 2016
>>
>>28036432
Yep, I'm voting libertarian this year. No way I can vote for any of the current candidates this year
>>
Government is the delusion that people will think about society before thinking about their own selves.
Libertarianism is the same but with corporations.
>>
>>28035591
>tfw no libertarian paradise where the federal government will fuck off
Just let me build a cabin and live off the land jesus fuck
>>
>>28035591
Why anyone would stand out there on the street, in front of armed goons, is beyond retarded.

You need to jew your way into the systems that give those goons orders and tell them what to think.

You're never going to change shit by doing mass complainings on the street. You gotta find a goal, and you gotta stick with it, for 20, 30 years. That's how you change shit in society.
>>
Control, I'm here.
This board seems to be mostly populated by leftist leeches and needs tho. I guess DUDE, FREE STUFF LMAO goes well with the robot mentality.
>>
>tell someone you're libertarian
>their response is either "WHAT ABOUT THE ROADS AND POLICE YOU'RE STUPID, YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT GOVERNMENT"
>or, "LIBERTARIAN? OH YOU'RE A STUPID LIBERAL FUCK YOU MUH GOD"
>>
File: react23.jpg (43 KB, 960x811) Image search: [Google]
react23.jpg
43 KB, 960x811
>>28036982
fucking statists can't we just push them all onto their own island with all the government they want so we can live free
>>
>>28035591
I think I might be one. What are the symptoms?
>>
>actually thinking you'd be freer under privatized tyranny

corporations would just assume the authority that the government left behind
>>
>>28037060
Do you believe in your constitutional rights? Do you think the federal government has overstepped it's boundaries a long time ago? Do not give a fuck what people do, as long as it's legal and not infringing on anyone elses' rights? Congrats, you might be a libertarian.
>>
>>28036982
Libertarianism sounds nice in theory until you realize that privatizing things that are (were?) a part of the government will just end up in the hands of a few corporations like nearly everything else.
>>
>>28037116
Yes, no and Yes.

Sweet. Now it's time to vote for trump
>>
>>28037149
Well I'm not full libertarian, I just have strong libertarian views. I just want as minimal a federal government as possible. I'd say the most radical I go is phasing out the social security system to private sector. Social security is failing in America because of government incompetency, if SS wasn't used as a form of identification I would withdraw from the entire system
>>
>>28037149
When you put it like that, Libertarianism sounds almost like anti-communism
>>
>>28035591
>tfw libertarian
>tfw live under constitutional monarchy
>tfw family has been rebellious for generations due to libertarianism.
>tfw expected to carry on the legacy and maybe even succeed due to the fragile state of things
>>
>>28037149
So would government be the lesser of two evils then? The laws would be simpler or at least less boring than corporate jargon. Then again I know nothing if politics. I like the idea of being libertarian but I need to do an asston of homework to have a modicum of confidence in my leanings. I don't really like identifying myself with a belief either, shit changes. Maybe I'm just projecting though.
>>
>>28037149
Government has a monopoly on force. If you can legally protect yourself from any initiation of force against your person and property then this is a libertarian world.
>>
>>28037254
They're both failed ideologies for more or less the same reason.

Libertarianism and especially deregulation in general should have left the conversation years ago after the subprime mortgage crisis happened.
>>
>>28037377
You think the mortgage crises wasn't further perpetuated by government intervention?
>>
>>28035591
"more governement" "less government"

Literally only people with near-retard level IQ's say this unironically.
>>
>>28037436
Further perpetuated is not the term I would use. There were a few laws that repealed (deregulation) that had allowed it to happened, but the main crisis was absolutely rooted in risky profits on the part of the banks.

Furthermore, this kind of situation puts the libertarian ideology in a bit of a quandary. They can either go against their ideology that the government is the problem and bail them out (that's what happened) or let the entire financial backbone of the USA (and a lot of the world economy by extension) fall to pieces.

Libertarians and proponents of deregulation like to assume that everything exists in its own little self-contained box, but the reality is that these things are much more complex and you have economic and legal factors which cause an effect lots of other things at the same time.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.