[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urbex and why you need it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Does /r9k/ like to do urban exploration (urbex)? Post your Urbex stories and loots ITT.

Urban Exploration is a popular pastime among smart people who like being alone. It is simple: you book it to an abandoned place and walk, climb, and mosy around the long forgotten structures. You can bring a friend or go solo, it's up to you. I have been doing this on and off for a good few weeks and I love it.

>where have you been?
I've found an old barren bridge that was just metal links, an old abandoned superstore, a vacated water plant and more.
>where do you want to go?
My next location to explore is an abandoned neighborhood in a city in my state.
>what cool shit have you found?
An array of silly sunglasses and a knive, and a buzz lightyear belt-buckle.
>do you have anyone to do it with you?
One person
>what is your region? (Possible teamups)
Southeast US.

Robots spend a lot of time indoors being introverted. This is the healthy equivalent to being a shut in. /r9k/ users can benefit a lot from this hobby and find a lot of energy and passion for life through exploring and feeling alive again.

I have minimal experience but I'll gladly answer anything you guys have to ask. Consider it.
>>
Raw copy/paste questions:

>where have you explored?

>where do you want to explore?

>what region are you in?
>>
Sounds cool but no car and live in small-ish college town.

Instead I just hike in the amazing forest surrounding the campus
>>
>>28034361
I would love to get into urbexing but I live in such a shitty area for it. I live right between the southern sticks and a medium-sized city that isn't super popular. Wish I could find some spots, this would be an awesome hobby to pursue.
>>
>>28034435
I live in central Georgia and it's almost impossible. I wandered in the woods for a while until I found this fucking majestic looking bridge over this Creek. It was such a good feeling. You should ask any family and friends of they know of any spots, as well as googling it. When you find something be sure to take pictures so you can show your robots, family
>>
>>28034482
I've found a few nice looking clearings and some shitty broken sheds, but that's not really urbexing. I want to explore entire buildings and lots, senpai
>>
>>28034539
Research it on the internet is all I can tell ya senpai, or try to get some sweet intel on other places. Going into predominantly black areas usually works, given they can't keep their properties functioning. Tons of abandoned crap there.
>>
>>28034600
The city is pretty segregated and the black areas are pretty scary. Gonna do some googling and talk to my friends about it though, I've been wanting to do this forever but never really pursued it that hard.
>>
>>28034631
Really sell it to your friends. You need some people with you in case you get hurt or approached by blacks. Get your crew together and discuss it man, it's really rewarding. Have fun and be safe brother
>>
>>28034666
I have some friends who I know would be interested. If I find a cool spot I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures and share them here, thanks man
>>
Bumping for /urbex/ ok
>>
the humour and editing in your videos isn't ironic and it isn't just having a laugh.

it's embarrassing

cool locations I guess though
>>
>>28035051
Isn't about my videos, this thread is about urbex. In general. Just don't bring it up or else Skelly will show up and call me a shill for 45 minutes. It's really annoying.
>>
>>28034408

Raw copy/paste questions:

>where have you explored?

I've explored an abandoned asylum on Staten Island. It is known as Seaview.

>where do you want to explore?

Any other abandoned building tbqh family. So long as the floorboards aren't in terrible condition

I saw these cricket spider things. Would've captured one but me and some friends got caught by the cops. We were let off easy so I won't be exploring there for a while.

Just two friends and that's it.

>what region are you in?

Answered.
>>
anyone else explore some not so abandoned areas?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.