[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
INTP Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15
File: 5050161212740098.jpg (102 KB, 652x900) Image search: [Google]
5050161212740098.jpg
102 KB, 652x900
Let's keep the horoscopes going.

To answer anon's question, it's more than just other INTPs that make good friends. INFJs are great when they aren't being too mystical and self absorbed in their own assumptions. I like INFPs up to the point where that Fi loop takes them into an inner space I'm not entirely privy to and they can't explain worth shit.

Also, is it really that surprising that I actually have really deep feels?
>>
>>28034159
Not an INTP (I'm ISFP) but I just wanted to drop by and say you have great art taste. Love Koho's stuff.
>>
>>28034159
INTP here and what are we supposed to do in this thread
>>
File: 10423g1.jpg (175 KB, 657x900) Image search: [Google]
10423g1.jpg
175 KB, 657x900
>>28034657
Intellectual masturbation.

>>28034159
I've been getting more and more into contemporary artists as well.
>>
>>28034159
>Also, is it really that surprising that I actually have really deep feels?

You aren't an INTP then. You are probably a faggot intj.
>>
I'm an INTP but these threads are always masturbatory. You're shitting up the board with your silly astrology !

There are sixteen personality types, imagine if each one had its own shitty thread where the participants pretend to be superior to the other 15 !

This is almost as annoying as the cuck shilling, please delete this thread !
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 640x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 640x743
>>28034764
>tripfag complaining about thread shitting up the board
>is a tripfag
>>
>>28034764
He isn't even intp. He talks like an euphoric intj.
>>
File: Sekka_Flowers and Leaves.jpg (79 KB, 894x600) Image search: [Google]
Sekka_Flowers and Leaves.jpg
79 KB, 894x600
>>28034711
Pre-war isn't really contemporary, anon. But shin hanga is great, if that's what you mean.

Rinpa's been my kick lately, Sekka's stuff is just way too pretty.
>>
Anyone else into non-duality/buddhism/spirituality?

What are things?
>>
>>28034783
How do I shit up the board honestly? If you can be honest and pinpoint a reason other than what's in my name field I will cut it out. I promise you you can not.
>>
>>28034842
An attention seeker with no constructive purpose.
>>
File: 20251g1.jpg (180 KB, 546x800) Image search: [Google]
20251g1.jpg
180 KB, 546x800
>>28034801
I mean that I've gotten into shit made by gaijin. I do like shin hanga as well. Had my pictures mixed up.
>>
>>28034842
desu I have never seen you before and I was riding the "we-hate-tripfags" bandwagon to disparage your post.

What I should have said was that complaining about what is posted on this board is fucking retarded because it's a autism-lasen scum pit.

Alas I complained about your post.

Goodbye.
>>
INTP here but don't really have autistic interests, what am I?
>>
File: 1460814828128.jpg (13 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1460814828128.jpg
13 KB, 400x402
>>28034711
>Intellectual masturbation.

Ah, very familiar. Actually, too much, and I'm tired of it.

I just want to think of nothing. My head hurts and feels warm all the time because of it.
>>
>>28034892
I make threads daily that encourage robots to pick up hobbies. I use my tripcode to go back, check which of my threads were most popular and see what tactics for motivation work the best with robots. Yesterday it was a biking thread that was really successful, and today it is an urbex thread that isn't so successful.

I share a short bit about my experience with said hobby, then I patrol the thread and ask anons about the hobby, if they like it, if they've considered it, about their life ect. No one asks me anything, I ask them about themselves.

What about this is giving me attention? If somehow someone remembers my name it doesn't matter, my latest goal is to actually get some people off of their ass, we can all benefit from it. How is this an attention grab? Answer this honestly
>>
>>28034933
What is your field and is your interest in it deeper than your colleagues? If that isn't relevant, what are you into and how do you find other people that are actually into it as well?
>>
File: konen-uehara_Snow Scene.jpg (913 KB, 1498x1000) Image search: [Google]
konen-uehara_Snow Scene.jpg
913 KB, 1498x1000
>>28034925
Are you ever planning to collect the prints themselves? I noticed you're using artlino pictures too, is why I ask. Never looked at the gaijin stuff, but I imagine it wouldn't be any more expensive.
>>
I'd really like to sink hundreds of hours into ds3 but I sold my pc in September.
Anyone else like speedrunning games?
>>
>>28034972
>ect.

Triggered.

>how is this an attention grab?

If you didn't get something out of it (namely self-fulfilling gratification and a good self administered pat on the pack) you wouldn't do it. This isn't even a jab at you specifically, this is just what humans are.

However, your speech just now strikes me as particularly sanctimonious and lame. Probably just my own bias tho.
>>
>>28035060
Arguments:
>you're acting like a human
>I don't like the way you type

Really shitting up your board man. You win
>>
>>28034937
Your writing style is weird.

>>28035058
PC port is supposed to seriously blow anyway. I've sunk about 100 hours into it so far and this will sound dumb after saying that but I don't think it's that great, especially compared to ds1 or bloodborne. I didn't play 2.

But some people are saying it's their fav of all of them.
>>
>>28035110
Dude do you see how half the posts in this thread now are about you being a faggot? That's how you shit up this board. Fuck off.
>>
>>28034159
>Let's keep the horoscopes going.
Did I miss an INTP thread where someone brought them up and wasn't told to go fuck themself?
>>
>>28035058
How does one get into speedrunning? What's a good game to start with?
>>
>>28035110
>you're acting like a human
That's not really what I was getting at (though I do hate people). That would be fine, if you didn't go around self-righteously spreading the virtue of your name as you did so.

And I have no problem with the way you type (other than the ect thing but that was a little side-joke). It's what you are portraying that I am speaking towards.
>>
>>28034764
>oh look at me im a tripfag
>you guys are like totally cancer
>delete your thread
>i only want threads that i like on my board
>>
>>28035044
I've been meaning to, but funds have been going towards gun food and college instead. Wish I had years ago when the bottom fell out of the market and most were in the 30 dollar range.
>mfw I didn't
>>
File: meowsock2.jpg (535 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
meowsock2.jpg
535 KB, 1536x2048
>ISFJ
>no INTP female to nurture
>>
>>28035131
I didn't play bloodborne, but I really liked ds2. I put ~600 hours into the game even with its huge flaws.
I know I'd like bb/ds3 so I was thinking of buying a ps4 to play it.
>>28035185
Idk just pick a game you like and are familiar with. Pretty much anything can be speedrun but rpgs are most fun for me. There are websites for popular speedrun games like dark souls, the only one I ever figured out by myself were the Splinter Cell games because I really liked those on original xbox.
>>
>>28035251
Kitty desu
>>
>>28035251
Do you have anything to offer intellectually? I tried dating one of your types and it's like being around a whiny child.
>>
>>28034790
type all the tripfags you can
>>
File: 3499.jpg (327 KB, 576x1200) Image search: [Google]
3499.jpg
327 KB, 576x1200
>>28034972
Tripfagging for your own threads are perfectly fine should you choose to interact with the participants in your thread but it should not be brought to threads created by others as your namefield will just garner attention. Like the given situation now, where it has derailed the topic of this thread to focus on yourself. I used to avatarfag in a certain thread in long past which attempted to help these people with their problems, to hear them out, to advise them, until it gathered too much attention and it went to hell every time it came up.

Motivation is lackluster. It is not long lasting, not a valid long term goal, like caffeine it gives you a spurt only to leave you crashing and burning after. You should inspire reason for dedication. There's an old saying that you can get the donkey to the watering hole but you cannot get it to drink.

I understand that one can only help others so much through mere text alone but this comes off more of a act of self-gratification from "helping" others. People who were interested in the first place were probably already doing it or in the midst of progressing towards it without your help.
>>
>>28035185
OOT might be the easiest to start with.
>Shortest runs are about 17 mins (will probably take you a lot longer starting out) and can be built on til you learn more complicated/fuller runs
>A lot of the same concepts in later zelda games
>Gets you heavily into learning muscle memory
>>
>>28035199
No, I expected you had some ammunition on me when I really do nothing but make hobby threads. We're on the same page now

>>28035205
My point was they had no reason to say I was cancerous if their only proofs of it were 'you have a tripcode', like your post here friend. Enough on that though,

These personality tests I bash, how accurate are they at identifying personality types? Is it recommended you come back and retake them to be sure? I just feel like you take them and it (((kind of))) tells you what your personality is like. You take these results go heart and subconsciously act like a XZYX instead of yourself. It's like a WWJD bracelet lodged in your skull. That's why I don't like these threads. I'd be willing to hear any other arguments though, shoot.
>>
>>28035275
I would just wait for the ps4.5 to come out, and either get that (more likely) or get a really cheap ps4 (if you're poor like me). I mean I own a ps4 right now but if I didn't that's what I would do.

Honestly though there's almost no games i want to play and I'd rather just have a few hundred bucks at this point. But so it goes idk.
>>
File: hajime_namiki_Tree Scene 112.jpg (510 KB, 1722x1000) Image search: [Google]
hajime_namiki_Tree Scene 112.jpg
510 KB, 1722x1000
>>28035248
>gun food and ukiyo-e

You're my kind of person, anon. What kind of funs do you have?
>>
>>28035343
>no reason to say I was cancerous if their only proofs of it were 'you have a tripcode'
>like your post here
completely ignoring that I said
>delete your thread
>i only want threads that i like on my board

I probably would have left the bait be if you didn't have the tripcode but you're pretty well known for being an easily triggered attentionwhore
>>
>>28035419
I explained why I didn't like these threads in the text below your (You) read that and see what I was trying to explain my man.

I do not want to clutter this thread any further, let's just delete both of our posts 3bh, this one and the one I'm responding to now
>>
>>28035361
I didn't know ps4.5 was a real thing, I'll probably just end up building a new pc before that happens
>>
>>28035308
Probably not. I have no original thoughts I'll always care about you and what you have to say. Feed me your insights. ISFJ-INTP relationships will never work online. INTP females will most likely be hidden away online.
>>
>>28035343
>You take these results go heart and subconsciously act like a XZYX instead of yourself.

Possible. Another possibility is that after you take the test, you read the little description of your type and you go "wow, yes I totally relate to this." And then you may want to interact with people who also relate to that description. Especially because it describes the way you think and behave, so the opportunity for relating with like minds is.. What's the word.. Good.
>>
File: sc219688.jpg (532 KB, 1998x1500) Image search: [Google]
sc219688.jpg
532 KB, 1998x1500
>>28035418
Makarov, an fns I'm trying to sell, mossberg, ruger mk ii, little plinking rifle. I really need a nugget or something like I need a hole in my head, but joining a range and getting in on those 1911s through the CMP comes first. Also college debt, but shooting shit is my way of dealing with being around legit feminazi marxists. Also I already hoard obscure limited run chinese cartoons
>>
>>28035539
Personally my theory is that people will check off answers they believe about themselves that aren't necessarily true. One of the major ones for INTP is "Getting the right answer is more important than protecting the feelings of others." Studies have shown that the majority of the population would rather conform when they believe otherwise than to stand out.
>>
>>28035343
Looking into Jungian functions provide a better introspection of your personality type. MBTI is mostly about external things like are you creative/introvert/memestuff. Jungian functions look more into your thought processes.
>>
File: Picture 489.jpg (260 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Picture 489.jpg
260 KB, 1280x720
>>28035596
I love Makarovs, I have a Tokarev that's been with me almost since I first got into guns. Used to have a Mark iii that was kind of nice. Good luck on finding a good range! I still haven't found one for rifles after I moved to a large city.

Also love the shunga. There are two Utamaros I want to hang on the wall of my study if I ever get a house--Lovers in an Upstairs Room and the Woman and Cat one. Don't even care if it's tacky to do.
>>
>>28035687
In regard to what I was saying, the accuracy of the test questions doesn't really matter... You could almost skip the questions and have people select the description they think fits them most (although I think the questions do help in finding this out as there are a lot of different types), and they would be able to identify like/different minds they want to relate with.

But yes, using the test to identify personality is probably not accurate, at the very least due to individual bias and misunderstanding. Such bias would also affect what I am saying- about people choosing the descrtiption they relate to most- so participants do need to be somewhat level headed and "know themselves" for it to really work. And I do doubt most people are capable of this..
>>
>>28035687
Oh and,
>One of the major ones for INTP is "Getting the right answer is more important than protecting the feelings of others." Studies have shown that the majority of the population would rather conform when they believe otherwise than to stand out.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean that the *population of INTP's* would rather conform, despite identifying with the contrary? Or are you talking about the general population, in opposition to INTP's, in which case.. What's your point? Lol
>>
>>28035520
INTPs don't like dogs. You're like a pretty girl that happens to be kinda smart but is too busy being pretty. All the things are there, just not in the right amounts.

I mean, really the only problem is that you will never be a dreamy, mystic infj you can argue endlessly with. That and the differences between the two approach null in most ways when it comes down to it.

>>28036166
He's saying that it sounds sexy, but most people aren't sexy in real life whereas I don't give a fuck about your feelings if they are objectively wrong and have very few friends specifically because of it.
>>
>>28036166
>Do you mean that the *population of INTP's* would rather conform, despite identifying with the contrary?
No, the exact opposite. INTPs are far more likely to make a case against what they believe against, even when doing so would separate them from the group and/or offend others.
>>
>>28036234
>but most people aren't sexy in real life
Oooh wait, so... He's saying that people who don't really fit the description will tick that answer anyway because it sounds cool? Meaning that the test is flawed because non-INTP's will identify with this INTP trait? :s
>>
>>28036361
Then I direct you to
>Or are you talking about the general population, in opposition to INTP's, in which case.. What's your point? Lol

>What's your point

Wasn't your original point that people tick answers that AREN'T true? But here you've given an example of an answer which does hold true. Was this just a side-note? I am confus.
>>
>>28036369
Yeah pretty much. I'm an INFJ so crushed by my childhood and adolescence that I test as INTP because thinking like that is better than the alternative.
>>
>>28036369
>He's saying that people who don't really fit the description will tick that answer anyway because it sounds cool?
Yes exactly. People will gravitate towards picking options they like the sound of. Some people do it knowingly and some will do so because they have a view of his/herself that is skewed. Usually when an MBTI test is given to adolescents a separate questionnaire is given to the parent/guardian, as well as the real test has a series of questions built in to test the validity of what people say (to be revised by a licensed psychologist.)

I'm not the same anon but I am the one whom I believe you are referring to.
>>
>>28036494
>I'm an INFJ so crushed by my childhood and adolescence that I test as INTP because thinking like that is better than the alternative.

How do you know you are actually INFJ if you test as INTP?
Like, if you took the test before said crushing, you think you would be INFJ?
>>
>>28036499
sorry my posts might be hard to read im really hammered
>>
>>28036499
>revised by a licensed psychologist

ew. Like, whose bias do I want? Fuck this test lel
>>
>>28036644
What have you consumed?
>>
>>28036698
>Rum.
A lot of it
>>
>>28036598
Hard to say. I've been coming back into what I once was over the years. Too much time alone and a bunch of misanthropy turned me into something I wasn't. I found after much searching that in spite of a love for logic and reason and facts and being alone, I really don't give a fuck unless I can apply it to something and I really do enjoy being around people and hearing what they have to say and being alone is unbearably painful beyond moderation.

I don't think the way I thought I thought, I've unearthed so much of my unconscious that it's hard to tell what was originally like that, I'm more sensitive than I want to admit, any creative idea comes from nowhere, I am literally walking mysticism, a bag of spooks.

That's most of it.
>>
>>28034159
I just took a test a few days ago. It pegged me as INFP which feels kind of wrong. I try to be more Thinking than Feeling and I think I succeed most of the time, and I feel iffy about the sensing-intuition part-- basically I have a scientific view I try to apply to things, but I know I don't always actually apply it. The descriptions for INTP fit me pretty well, as did ISTP, but not nearly as well as INFP.

For INFP every implication it gave (except for like two) was completely accurate and it even laid out what I have now, which I've taken to calling the the "INFP Crisis".

Basically, I realized the vast majority of the people in the world suck, and I cannot stand this. It's been haunting me for months. The site said this can really drag people down, and then some stuff I don't remember clearly about the INFP's optimism helping them out of it or something (and I am quite optimistic in general, that's a big part of why this hurts and feels wrong).

Does anyone else know that feel? Has anyone conquered that feel? If you know anything about this, please, please tell me everything.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.