[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey robots, >have gf >she recently bought into this whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1460469973820.jpg (94 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1460469973820.jpg
94 KB, 526x526
Hey robots,

>have gf
>she recently bought into this whole vegan thing
>dont really give a shit, her life
>within 2 weeks she becomes a typical preachy vegan
>brings up all the "health benefits" of veganism and starts arguments for no reason
>tell her I see where shes coming from but she isnt going to convert me
>shes says I'm not listening
>tell he I am, I'm just not going to change my mind
>she ends up crying because of something she started

I just want her to shut the fuck up about it. Don't really care about her being vegan, the only thing that kinda bothers me is that we can no longer eat at together really, and then she complains about not having anything to eat other than fruit (but what the fuck do expect when youre vegan?).

Tl;dr want vegan gf to shut the fuck up about being vegan. how do I do this? What are some good counterpoints to this stupid "humans arent meant to eat meat" shit?
>>
How about the millennias worth of our ancestors who passed on their genes to us after sustaining themselves on meats and animal products? That was always good enough for me. My cat gets kibble whenever she wants, but it won't stop her killing spree.
>>
>>28033368

That's not really a good strategy. If you challenge her on a rational basis you'll come out ahead, but it won't make your relationship any better. You need to bring these exact complaints to her; you preach at me all the time, start fights all the time, and we can't eat together anymore because of your diet. I care about you but these things are driving me insane.

From there you can hopefully negotiate some solutions. If she has any maturity at all.
>>
>>28033492
Yeah, no, not good enough for her. Some youtube bitch pointed out all the differences between humans and carnivores like dogs (while totally disregarding all the differences between humans and prey animals like cows,) so apparently we arent meant to eat meat because we dont exactly resemble a canine or feline
>>
>>28033496
Wont listen. Shes already so far entrenched in this stupid shit that she "knows" shes right and she says shes tries not to fight but its hard when she "knows im wrong"

At this point its fucking up the relationship to the point where the only way to shit her the fuck up once and for all is with cold hard facts, and even then, its not a guarantee
>>
Here is an article about how going vegan can actually be worst then just our regular omnivorous diet.

https://authoritynutrition.com/top-5-reasons-why-vegan-diets-are-a-terrible-idea/

There are actually links to scientific studies in that article, Bombard her with this info.
>>
>>28033572
It ain't worth it Anon.

Vegans/vegetarians risk more brain disorders (dementia/Alzheimers) by eliminating animal fats from their diets and trying to supplement with nuts/dairy, which are notoriously hard on the GI tract as you age.

If she went seafood/eggs/some chicken, she'd be in the right, but if she won't listen to facts, just cut her loose.
>>
>>28033528
Also we're fucking omnivores, if she uses anecdotal evidence, point out that there are also success stories in other forms of diets too.
>>
>>28033572
Also tell her that you care about her, which is why you want her to stop this potentially dangerous diet.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.