[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are nihilistic views more common for smart or stupid people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1460339851996.jpg (338 KB, 1151x1384) Image search: [Google]
1460339851996.jpg
338 KB, 1151x1384
Are nihilistic views more common for smart or stupid people?
>>
it's a U shaped curve

lower and higher IQ is associated with it
>>
>>28033229
when I was 15, they ADMINISTERED the WISC-R4 ( the subset of the wechsler scale for adolescents )

Afterwards, they told me that you were a faggot
>>
>>28033229
Nietzsche said nihilists were like hardcore Christians. They deny themselves the will to live because this life doesn't matter, which is what a lot of religions believe: that the next life is the one that really matters.
>>
>>28033603
Nietzsche also sucked a lot of cocks
>>
>>28033664
bugger off he was a good lad
>>
There are lots of different types of "smart," but truly stupid people never get anywhere near far enough to become nihilistic.

>>28033603
>deny themselves the will to live
How is it a choice? Once you become aware of nihilism there is no real escape. It's impossible to defeat nihilism, ever. And the only logical way of thinking is nihilism into hedonism & degeneracy, as distractions.
>>
File: overdose2.png (445 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
overdose2.png
445 KB, 1000x1500
>>28033229
Hopelessly stupid.
>>
>>28034007
but everything is said is true, maybe not the freewill part, but everything else is.
>>
>>28033603
Well I guess Nietzsche didn't really understand nihilism then. Nihilsm doesn't lead to denial of the will to live.
>>
>>28033229
They're more common for pseudo-intellectual people.
>>
>>28034007
it's "ressentiment" not 'resentment'

this fedora-tier faggot cartoon can't even get the words right
>>
>>28034007
>Implying that's an actual view of nihilism
>>
I personally recognize the consensus of what is good and what is bad, and that states of affairs can be more or less desirable relative to each other, but in the end everything we do and feel as humans is just for the sake of human survival, and emotion seems to be an evolutionary by-product of the evolution critical thinking.
>>
I think Nietzsche was a good philosopher but people tend to mistake his unconventional opinions as edgy ones. A majority of the people who really worship Nietzsche are the types of assholes he was against. Edgy fucks who are envious of everything and decide to bitch and moan instead of doing something about their weaknesses (kind of like /r9k/ :^))
>>
>>28034007
The fuck? The kid is completely right, though. How are "some things better than others"? Explain the actual, real value of "good" things.
>>
>>28034166
How about you stop wiping your ass?
>>
>>28034116
dude... June 2nd is right around the corner and I want to get you a Samsung Galaxy S7... I desperately want to see you... The last time I saw you we were all in tears at Johnny G's Fun Center, a genius place for them to choose...

Please don't be like them and continue the torture. I have suffered enough. We all have. That was not the end of anything... They did not 'end' anything for us...

There are people who go overseas to join the military for much longer than that. It's your sister who really has to pay the price. Please tell her how beautiful I said she is she is gorgeous! Oh my God she's so beautiful and you can see how brilliant she is... There is so much to talk about but there's much more ahead of us. 478 339 O81O

Be a pal and why don't you end this terrible stretch for me ?
>>
>>28034187
>implying i wipe my ass
I lie in bed all day while my teeth rot away.
>>
>>28034155
also known as: nothing really matters.
>>
>>28034007
He still isn't disproving nihilism, he's just confirming that hedonism (pleasure) is the only logical reaction to the truth of nihilism.
>>
>>28034229
that's completely subjective bro
>>
File: 1459427441285.jpg (47 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
1459427441285.jpg
47 KB, 350x526
>>28033869
Honestly, just shitposting
>>
File: 1399735199525.jpg (222 KB, 645x816) Image search: [Google]
1399735199525.jpg
222 KB, 645x816
Stoicism is the only right philosophy, prove me wrong
>>
>>28034051
Actually the only part of that comic that was true was the free will part. Saying free will exists is like saying there is a piece of your brain that doesn't have to obey the laws of physics. If you believe in free will you basically believe in the supernatural.

On opinions, no there are hard truths in the universe. That there is some machine in this universe with my thoughts thinking about its own thoughts right now.
>>
Intelligence is a human construct created by idiots
In fact, from now on my definition of Nihilism is the "universal rejection of memes"
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.