[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CVS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x484
How do I get rid of Computer Vision Syndrome? I don't remember what it's like to see normally. From the time I open my eyes to when I sleep. It's like I'm seeing tiny atoms, or tiny pixels. And the pixels are what I am seeing. I can't see things that are 24 feet away anymore. Help me. I just want to see again. CVS also includes dry eye.
Here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_vision_syndrome
>>
how is this a real problem?
>>
I have this

fug
>>
>>28032912
Do you use a CRT monitor as your daily monitor?

Used to be when I got off the computer and went to bed I could still see the flicker of the screen refresh in my vision (even running at 100hz).
>>
>>28032912
The fuck is this?

original
>>
File: 1457729691871.png (48 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1457729691871.png
48 KB, 400x389
>>28032912
I had double vision in both eyes after reading PDFs on my phone for 3 days.

Try wearing welding goggles on the computer, it helped me recover.
>>
>>28032942
Fuck off chad

>>28032976
Nope. I did have a MacBook Pro retina, and the image was beautiful. Recently I got an Asus Gaming PC for $500 on eBay. It fucked up my vision.
>>
>>28033060
Do you real websites with a dark background and white text a lot?
>>
>>28033080
I mainly just browse 4chan, YouTube, and play GTA 5. I went to a doctor but he said "it's probably just floaters like black spots in your vision" NO IT FUCKING ISNT I KNOW WHAT FLOATERS ARE THIS IS SOME OTHER SHIT
>>
File: Visual_snow_static_en.gif (305 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
Visual_snow_static_en.gif
305 KB, 500x557
>>28032912
>>28033156
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow
OP is it anything like this?
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 241x228
>>28033273
>Dynamic, continuous, tiny dots in the entire visual field.
At least one additional symptom:
Palinopsia (visual trailing and afterimages)
Enhanced entoptic phenomena (floaters, photopsia, blue field entoptic phenomenon, self-light of the eye)
Photophobia
Impaired night vision
Holy fuck I have all of those. What should I do?
>>
i have this also

it's minimal compared to my tinnitus and chronic pain. nothing feels real anymore.
>>
>>28033339
There's nothing you can do. It probably doesn't even have to do with your computer.

If you really can't see things farther away than 24 feet, which I highly doubt is true or you'd have already seen doctors, you may have some kind of illness.
>>
>>28033391
Something weird happened once. I went camping for 4 days without screens and it seemed that... The pixels in my vision were diminishing... And I was able to see more and farther... What do you think?
>>
>>28033339
It might be early signs of retinal detachment familia, got get an eye exam stat
>>
install flux

blyat
>>
>>28032912
> https://en.m.
fuck off normie
>>
wow I have all of these
makes sense too
I thought I was dying, but this isn't so bad
thanks r9k
>>
Well this is something I need to show my doctor, I get tension headaches on and off and his solution was eye test then CAT scan. This makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>28033273

I've had this all my life and nothing ever happened to me. I used to think I was going blind when I was younger but it's pretty normal and I try to ignore it most days, works pretty well.

Don't worry OP you'll be fine. If you're worried you should go see an eye doctor.
>>
>>28033525
Might be psychological
>>
>>28033525
That's pretty much the only cure to CVS so it was yout eyes readjusting to what they are meant to be
>>
>>28033339
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_vision_syndrome
I have this too, now for about 2 years. Started after smoking weed every day I think. Don't think it's that bad, annoying at worst.
>>
>>28034603
oops meant to link visual snow but yeah
>>
I didn't notice this when I was NEET but as soon as I started having to leave the house on a regular basis and look at things holy shit.
>>
>>28033273

I got this around 17 and was scared shitless. I'm pretty sure it's related to my migraines which also started around then. Had doctors run tests but they all thought I was nuts and kept saying I was seeing floaters (which it definitely isn't). Pretty sure it's a problem with the brain or nerves rather than the eyes themselves. Now I'm 30 and I still have it, I'm just used to it. I do get an annoying phenomina of really long burn-ins of light, usually if I spend too much time gaming or stay up late every night. It only affects the upper right portion of my vision.

When I was younger there was a forum dedicated solely to visual snow, and most of the people all seemed to have either migraines, anxiety, paranoia, or it started after they did drugs, so those are the common factors.
>>
>>28033273
I suspect that whatever causes tinnitus causes this

Cause I've had both for as long as I can remember. I can't imagine what clean vision and hearing is like
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.