[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I might get a job as a pizza delivery guy... 2nd job ever any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: skelly_Pizza.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
skelly_Pizza.gif
1 MB, 500x500
I might get a job as a pizza delivery guy...
2nd job ever
any advice or tips ?
Also general pizza delivery guy stories?
>>
>>28032037
>tips

nigga you didnt even start yet
>>
Pizza man checking in. Easiest fucking job on the planet. No tips. Just check your orders and drive safe. Decent cash every day to listen to molyneux podcasts. AMA or don't I don't care.
>>
>>28032139
I know this dude from high school that works there and he said ill most likely get the job
>>
File: 1395116930956.gif (494 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1395116930956.gif
494 KB, 500x280
>>28032139

i had a kek nice one friend
>>
Don't do it OP, being a delivery guy is utter hell
You've got 5 different types of customers

The perfect one
>pays for the pizza, gives tip, no smalltalk in between
The this is my daddy's credit card one
>annoying teen girls answer the door, make you wait while they fish for the money, friends laugh and giggle in the background, no tip
The distress one
>guy opens the door and all you hear in the background is people arguing and the occasional, "I'm gonna kill you" guy will fish for money nervously and make shitty smalltalk, may or may not give tip
The /r9k/
>guy opens the door and acts like a complete dimwit, nervously shakes a lot, can't even hold the pizza right, pays and doesn't ask for change back so you get a huge tip.
And lastly, the fake one
>can go anywhere from showing up at an abandoned house, to being the victim of a series of murders In the neighboorhood
>>
>>28032185
Any cool stories?
>I was enjoying a cigarette and met this dude who was a pizza guy from out of town he said he got mugged multiple times and had whores try to get free pizza
>>
bump bam bino
>>
Are you going to be working in a relatively decent neighborhood, or a shithole neighborhood?
>>
>>28032376
Not really. I'm waiting for the sex invite inside but it hasn't happened yet. I live in a nice area of town with 20+ gated neighborhoods. I wouldn't deliver in niggerville for a day. I once got tipped with a 6 pack. Another time I got 4 ten dollar tips in a row.
>>
>>28032037

customers will constantly try to ruse you, get free shit, short change you, pay with checks, stolen credit cards, steal shit out of your car while you're distracted.

oh and when it rains in your city, prepare to work like a slave.

buy a flashlight with a nice beam distance because porch lights snd decent lighting in a neighborhood are a thing of the past.

don't be surprised at how many homes smell like piss and/or shit
>>
>>28032185
Is the pay good? It sounds like a pretty comfy job.
>>
>>28034245

not ama reddit dude, but i did about 50-100 a night in tips in a small working class town of about 24,000 people. minimum wage, paid by the mile/delivery and a food discount.
>>
Pizzaguy for almost 3 years here, after about a year you start seeing patterns in your job.
>Weather alone can make for a busy delivery day (fat lazy fucks afraid of a little drizzle on their face).
>Customers will try to cheat a free pizza (rare actually, but happens).
>Don't take shit from anyone. Act professionally and responsibly even if you want to strangle their guts.
>Don't work for longer than necessary. You'll hate this job after a certain time.
>Conditions and safety depends on your city. If you're like me and live in a safe, Scandinavian city, the worst things that happen to you is rude customers. Never had a weapon pulled on me or my coworkers.
>Customers are entitled and not always grateful, don't make it ruin your day.
>Don't expect to get a break on busy days, neither customer nor company really cares about you or how motivated you are.
>>
Former Pizza Hut delivery guy here.

>What to expect
You will get tips, but they will be less than a dollar most of the time (except for gated communities). You will get $600 in tips over a single summer if you work 36 hours a week. Friday and Saturday night hours are hell. You will have to do a shit ton of cleaning and dish washing whenever you aren't delivering. If you don't hate old people already, you will hate them after 2 weeks.

I have a few stories, but they're pretty boring.
>Make delivery to apartment
>"come on in!"
>hand over pizza
>that'll be $19.60
>"oh the guy with the money for this just left, but he'll be back soon"
>sit on couch
>watch tv with family minus husband
>extremely uncomfortable
>family not bothered by this
>episode of some shitty reality show ends
>15 mins since I first arrived
>fucking husband finally shows up
>family banters for 5 goddamn mins while I stand there
>Excuse me, sir, the food is $19.60
>"$19.60? Gimme a minute, bud"
>Pulls out check book
>pic related, its me but I have to hide it
>Writes check for EXACTLY $19.60
>gives me tipless check
>only tipless check, no cash tip
>NO FUCKING TIP
>Thank you, sir, enjoy your meal

Basically, I was gone for 30 minutes from the store and got bitched at because of it, and didn't get a nice tip from the customer to compensate. Fuck that.
>>
>>28034797
Same guy here. Forget to mention the time that a drug deal went down in front of the store kek
>>
>>28034797

Tipping culture is bullshit and you do not have a right to be upset about no tip, just because you were stupid enough to accept to work in an industry where you expect tipping.
>>
>>28034867
Except the government includes tip rate in their definition of hourly wage, so I don't get paid full minimum wage when I don't get tips
>>
>>28034245
I get 7 something in store, 5 something when I check out on a delivery. it equals out to 5 something an hour and then I get 10 or so an hour. $15/hr isn't bad. Free pizza galore. Of course a good chunk of my paycheck goes towards car repair.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.