[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else here play this? I played it 24/7 in the early-mid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: toontown-online.jpg (54 KB, 677x508) Image search: [Google]
toontown-online.jpg
54 KB, 677x508
Did anyone else here play this? I played it 24/7 in the early-mid 2000s before wow came out, it's probably the most addicting game I've ever experienced. Why has almost nobody heard of it? Was everyone just busy playing Runescape?
>>
File: image.jpg (430 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430 KB, 1280x700
>>28031078
>Runescape
you dumb infant, only twelve year olds trying to game on the school library computers during recess played runescape. Everyone else was playing Everquest.
>>
>>28031078
What do you guys think of an /r9k/ toontown private server? It would have uncensored chat and everything. I'd be able to set it up.
>>
Holy shit I forgot about this
I maxed out when I was like 10
>>
>>28031207
I don't know if the amount of people who'd join would be worth it, but that'd be fucking awesome
>>
>>28031251
I'd probably have to run it through Hamachi or something faggy like that, but as long as we have like 5 people on it'll be worth it
>>
I play it from time to time. Super comfy game.
>>
>>28031296
I'm fucking down. Have you guys been playing toontown rewritten recently?
>>
File: 1336960287714.png (158 KB, 253x310) Image search: [Google]
1336960287714.png
158 KB, 253x310
played a bit with /v/ years back
shit game to be honest
>>
Trust me, you do NOT want this game back. Sucked shit desu.
>>
>Mission is to defeat corporate business people, playing as a fun and artsy character
>Mfw you turned from the artsy animal character to a corporate boring man
>>
>>28031343
I wish I could like Rewritten but the community is so full of tumblr fucks its just not worth it anymore.

>tfw you will never experience 2006 TTO again
>>
Damn I remember the advertisements.

Toontown, are you toon enough?

And they were always throwing pies and shit.
>>
I remember seeing the commercials and then I know /v/ was having a blast trolling the autists that still played it like 5 years ago but I was a solid habbo hotel/runescape kid myself.
>>
>>28031207
make it now. we can create our own community, away from the Rewritten autism.
>>
I played it when I was 12 or so until I got banned for greening people in VP. kek
>>
I remember when I was reeeal little I was at target and there was a ps2 display that you could interact with and I swear it had toontown on it. I played it for like a kinute but because I was still retarded I didn't do anything. I actually played the game a few years later though when I was like 8. I spent most of my time fishing and playing with doodles.
>>
We need to either get a private server or make a Rewritten clan
>>
>>28031207
I would suck multiple dicks for that
But yeah what >>28031251 said, Toontown requries a lot of high leveled players to work
>>
>>28032252
The server I run has a command to completely max out your toon, so we could just fuck around or play legit if you wanted to
>>
>>28032268
oh shit that would be cool cause I just go back into runescape for nostalgia sake so I don't know if I can handle that much grinding
>>
>>28032298
>>28032252
>>28031526
>>28031343
>>28031251

Join up, I'll start preparing
https://discord.gg/0xramXTaTgapa1N8
>>
coldfish come back faggot
>>
fucking coldfish
>>
coldfish come fucking back we know youre here in this thread
>>
>Why has almost nobody heard of it.
It spawned the term 'toon' for a character.

It was also pretty shit. Most people end up disappointed with it as it turns out nostalgia goggles were on hard for it. /v/ raided it when it was still up and everyone who went on for nostalgia ended up disliking it.
>>
>>28032268
The grind was part of the fun senpai, fuck that command
>>
>>28032611
You don't have to use it, don't worry man
>>
>>28032605
its objectively a pretty shitty game
a turn-based rpg made for like 5 year olds
but I still had fun with it, mostly cause it was an mmo and I could play with my brothers
>>
>>28032605
>It spawned the term 'toon' for a character
No it wasn't, are you really that retarded

>>28032625
Yeah but if everyone else is maxed and only a few of us actually grind that's pretty lame famm
>>
>>28032679
>Yeah but if everyone else is maxed and only a few of us actually grind that's pretty lame famm
this. we need to go all grind or all fuck-around. it'll be dumb and everyone will quit after an hour otherwise.
>>
>>28032627
Yeah. One thing I didn't realize way back was how simple it was. Overly simple. It's the same thing over and over until you reach max level, they're you're done. Same running around the themed area and fighting cogs, same turn based combat. The HQs are more turn based combat but gauntlet style.

One thing that always annoyed me, even back as a kid was the chat.
>>
Fuck you coldfish we wont forget
>>
>>28032708
Meh, not really. You can have multiple toons for when you want to fuck around and when you want to grind
>>
>>28032708
I say we just do grind or have a separate server for each one. Or maybe have one day of the week or events where everyone is temporarily maxed, but idk how hard that'd be to code

>>28032759
People would still get bored knowing they can switch over to the maxed toon at any second
>>
>>28032712
Yeah the battles are EXTREMELY repetitive. Some times you'll have that one guy who uses drop or trap or some shit but every cog battle, especially at high levels, is the same shit.

And the chat was always a problem for me. I remember when I finally got the game to work on our old Windows 98 everytime you opened the chat it would freak the fuck out. Then they made the "speedchat" but left out important shit like numbers.
>>
File: help.png (562 KB, 809x633) Image search: [Google]
help.png
562 KB, 809x633
>>28031078
This was the first online game I ever played. I remember playing with this one guy every day for about a month until he never logged off. The game was shit but for someone who just got the internet it was really existing to share that online world with people even though the chat was really limited to free players.

>tfw remembering the unique house you got with the cute pet you had as well
>>
>>28031417
You could get a free account which restricted your chat and meant you could only play the opening neighbourhood. I thought it was cool, all other MMOs at the time just gave you 3 - 5 day trials.
>>
>>28032801
until he never logged on again*

fuggg
>>
>>28032712
>>28032794

You guys forgot raising a doodle and building your estate, that shit was dank
>>
>that glitch where you could run beyond the house
>that glitch where you could change your gender
first boner desu
>>
>>28032801
I never got that with Toontown. I think because Runescape was my first MMO so I got my "Woah I'm communicating and playing with others from around the world" feeling from that. Neither of them gave me a feeling of awe like seeing a high level player with their awesome mounts and gear like other MMOs did.
>>
I was poor and continually doing runs of Pokemon with new team members

I'm 21 on 4chan what the fuck
>>
BigGuy4U is underage i swear
>>
>>28033086
leave him be its okay
>>
This Discord is cringy as fuck.
>>
fuck you admin i'm not shitting on anybody
>>
>>28033086
mfw im 19 :^)
>>
>>28033141
not really, only 1 or 2 people. admin, marcus and memeposter at least are alright.
>>
fuck. z0ya is underage also
>>
>>28033290
Im 18 lol
You just gonna go down the list and accuse everyone?
>>
i don't care what z0ya and bigguy say they are most definitely underage
>>
>>28033607
Does it matter? I don't think so. Its a fucking toontown server be chill nigga.
>>
>>28033607
wormie pls go
>>
File: 1449184672852.jpg (62 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1449184672852.jpg
62 KB, 400x300
>people who were unironically playing Toon Town are now old enough to have nostalgia for it
>>
>>28033607
Lol if it'll make that stick fall out of your ass I'll prove it
>>
>>28033607
why are you being such a hothead?
>>
>>28032210
I like this clan idea
>>
>>28033626
it's probably bigcums
he hasn't said anything the entire time
>>
>>28033676
Agreed, bigcums stop being mad
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 604x453
>>28031078
>>28031207
>>28031233
>>28031251
>>28031172
>>28033607
>>28032963
Hey fellow bots, do you remember the good ol old days? Before the world went to utter shit? Do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure - before it was ruined by normies and degeneracy? Older youth speak of the 90s as the time to be alive, but I say naught.

Us youth born between 1995-1998, we grew up in the early mid 2000s - an era of digital pioneering, an era in which the internet, video games, the newest books, and the playground down the street all lived in complete harmony, none at the expense of the other.

Those of us on the cusp between Gen Y and Gen Z will always remember Youtube in the days of Shoes, Charlie the Unicorn, Fred, AVGN, Nostalgia critic, Planet Unicorn Theme Song, Boxxie, and Bon qui qui, just to name a few.

Trading Yu gi oh cards on the playground.
Listening to our discmans.
We'll always remember laughing at the toddlers playing Webkinz while we thought we were so much better playing Club Penguin.
Runescape, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo - They all were pastimes.
When Linkin Park was cool to listen to, when the newest pop-Punk dominated our ears.
When pre-movie Spongebob and Drake and Josh were shows of choice.
A world that had yet to be explored, a world that looked so fun and optimistic.

How I wish to experience that era all over again.
>>
>>28033827
I physically cringed.
>>
>>28033827
You sound like a faggot my dude
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.