[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you fell for the "smart but lazy" meme >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: 1460046608550.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1460046608550.png
177 KB, 367x321
>tfw you fell for the "smart but lazy" meme
>tfw realizing you're not as intelligent or interesting as you thought
>>
Is there a cure?

send help
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>parents told you that you were smart your whole life
>you just assumed you were some kind of genius and slacked off in school, because you thought you would get a 2400 on your SAT or something and wind up at a top-tier school
>actually take the SAT and get a shit score
>realize your parents were lying to you your whole life
>>
>>28027406
>Oh man I'm good looking, smart, tall and fit
>Realise I'm a 5/10 at best after years of narcissism and fails, lose all confidence.
>Well fugg atleast I'm still smart tall and fit
>Get lazy and stop doing sports, start bulking
>Well fugg atleast I'm smart and tall
>Get shit grades, test scores and end up a wagecuck

Well fugg atleast I'm not under 6'0'' right guys haha fuck
>>
>everyone calls me dumb
>realized you're actually smart and do well in college
>on my way to masters degree in CS
I didn't think I was for 15 years.
This is pretty sweet.
>>
intelligence has nothing to do with being interesting

an intelligent person can be interesting, but are not automatically interesting by merit of their intelligence.
>>
I have 148 iq and I'm stupid as fuck. I stopped believing in that shit. It's a meaningless all encompassing term.
>>
File: doitnick.png (231 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
doitnick.png
231 KB, 500x500
>>28027406
>tfw smart and lazy
>tfw almost never going to class
>tfw barely scrap passing grade each year
>tfw math teacher forces you to partake in international math olympiad
>tfw top10
>>
>>28027926
If you really have 148 IQ you're wasting your potential. You're not stupid, you're ignorant.
>>
Don't listen to your parents. I'm always amazed how far away they are from reality. At best you can assure them that everything will be alright, but you can't expect them to give you a realistic outlook of your life.
>>
>>28027965
>being tricked into the olympiad
pleb
>>
>>28027965
Yeah, sure m8, and I bet your dad is CEO of Nintendo. And if this is true, enjoy your lack of a job because Ahmed and Chang are just as good as you and are willing to work 12 hours a day.
>>
>>28027406
>fell for the same meme
>do horrible in school
>turn out good looking but dumb, just like my stacy whore mom that got knocked up at 16, and my chad dad that pumped and dumped her and has 12 kids.
>boring so girls never stick around with me since I'm no longer in school and now real stuff like having a job and being interesting matters
>mfw mom ruined the only time I could have been happy and taken advantage of my looks
>>
>>28028033
>>28028044
kek, projecting this hard
>>
>>28027891
You are me

fuck

pls kill us.
>>
>>28028044
also implying I want a job or even need one
>>
>>28027406

average 4chan user
>>
>parents thought you were smart
>always expected the best of you
>start to fuck up
>they realize you are not the smart kid they thought you were

feels bad
>>
>>28027987
IQ is hardware, some people are never given software.

>guys who are abstraction-machines, high score, uneducated parents, end up junkies or on /pol/
>guys who were made to be stupid mentored by someone with common-sense come out as intelligent and manage even in academics

Both is perfect, no ammount of IQ compensates for being fed on stupid thoughts your entire childhood and teenage years.
>>
I work as a substitute teacher.

Basicly, all fucked up kids, we tell them and their parents "He is very intelligent" when we got nothing good to say.
>>
File: 8656096.jpg (57 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8656096.jpg
57 KB, 645x773
>>28027926
>tested at 133 on http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf
>am basically retarded
>sometimes have trouble what people want from me
>tfw too stupid to be a wage cuck
>>
>>28028270
understanding* fuck
>tfw too retarded to post on memeboards
>>
>>28028260
If your parents fucked up that doesn't mean you're unfixable.
>>
>>28028270
Assburgers probably.
>>
>tfw 'smart but lazy'
>never push myself with anything
>first job out of uni
>genuinely try
>not actually that smart
>doin' bad
>this whole time the 'smart but lazy' thing was a ruse I played on myself because I was scared of trying too hard and realising I have limits and I'm just not that good.

It's easy believe you're of infinite intelligence if you never push yourself and find out what your limits are. I'm aware of how gay that sounds but shiiiiet this past year has been rough.
>>
>>28027724
It's called - care enough that you apply for jobs, shave, take a shower daily, pretend to be a normie, etc.

"I'm smart, I swear! I just don't know that society expects me to bathe before dirt gets encrusted in my skin!" is never a good excuse for Mr. Shekelstein.
>>
>>28028471
I constantly gamble on my limits and get really anxious when I realize I'll have to get out of my comfy zone to actually pull it off.
First time this shit happened is literally this year.
>>
>>28027801
This
>Be told by everyone you're smart
>Probably only because you're a nigger and "act white"
>Be NEET for 4 years since I graduate high school
>Recently take the ACT
>Can't even finish a section before time runs out
>Couldn't even do half of the math section
>Literally only wrote about 10 sentences for the essay section because I was thinking too long for how to reply to the subject
Actually writing this out made me think I should try killing myself again
>>
>>28027406
>tfw 90th percentile but not good enough for the Ivy League

so close senpaitachi
>>
>>28028297
It sort of does though

neuroplasticity declines with age and learning gets harder and harder as you get older

>inb4 psychology is a meme
>>
>>28028471
I'm "smart but lazy" and can manage to do great work in a matter of a few hours a day. I always get excellent performance reviews.

You're a fucking idiot tbqh senpai. Focus on that bottom line (and top line) number, increase them for the company. If you're so smart you can find things that idiots are doing at work that are wasting money. I know I do. So much so, that a lot of my ideas are received as "Well that's a good idea but these people are idiots so they won't do it".

I'm limited by incompetence of upper managers. That's literally all. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't, sometimes it takes a while for them to finally do things my way. It's not a tough spot to be in if you're actually smart and not at a top-tier company.

Remember: Your boss might have a 105 IQ. He's average as fuck. It doesn't take a whole lot of thought to outdo that. Stop being a shit.
>>
>>28027406
lmao if you were really smart OP you'd realise intelligence stems from doing what ever is necessary in order to survive amongst this species, not rotting with some shambled excuse of "laziness"
>>
>>28027801
There's a study showing kids that are told they're smart do way worst than kids that are complimented for their efforts, because the "smart kid" thinks he is just blessed by nature and if he fails in a test, he act like a spoiled child.
>>
>>28027406
>>tfw you fell for the "smart but lazy" meme

Ugh, Mom's been telling me that bullshit for 25 years. I can't totally blame her because I've always got good grades, but it's only because we live in the inner city which passes out diplomas like candy.
>>
File: 1460940447716.jpg (178 KB, 750x864) Image search: [Google]
1460940447716.jpg
178 KB, 750x864
>>28028270
>133

Damn buddy, I just passed that shit to get that ego boost and I got 118. I could say I'm drunk but then I'd lose ego on getting drunk on 2 hobo beers.

mfw
>>
>>28028668
>neuroplasticity
>thinking it's linked more to psychology than to neuroscience

You could have used this to your advantage much more effectively.
>>
>>28028689
For context I'm a developer. Everyone I work with is insanely intelligent. I've never been surrounded by a more competent group of people in my life. I'm not flat out retarded, but I'm definitely the least intelligent and least experienced person in the room.

I'm far from lazy nowadays, but I'm pretty slow on the uptake and something that will take someone else 35 minutes will take me an hour.

It's been getting better and I'm improving but boy it's a shock to the system. Especially if you've been a "smart but lazy" chump all your life.
>>
>tfw you try and explain to your parents you're not actually that smart
>you're not applying yourself anon!
>>
>>28028270
i got 99
really took a massive shit on my confidence
>>
File: 1433051884131.jpg (18 KB, 636x522) Image search: [Google]
1433051884131.jpg
18 KB, 636x522
>knowing your IQ
no good can come of that
>>
>>28027965
>IMO top 10 with no effort

Fucking fight be nerd
>>
>tfw mom always tells me I'm cute
>''you'll find the right girl someday, Anon!''
I bet she thinks she makes me feel better with her words, but they just make matters worse.
>>
>>28027801
This so badly. Luckily I got over myself - after a total mental breakdown - and went to technical school.
>>
>>28029424
This desu. Your accomplishments speak a thousand times louder than some dumb number.
>>
>>28027801
>Parents tell me I'm smart
>Teachers tell me I'm smart
>Other kids thought I was smart
>Am actually a moron who failed out of University and barely passed highschool with terrible grades

It's amazing what misconceptions people can have about you because you sometimes use big words.
>>
>>28029112
>>you're not applying yourself anon!

Mother has told me that every week of my life. Just have to ignore it, she seriously thinks I'm some genius.
>>
File: 1455151221236.jpg (1013 KB, 971x3604) Image search: [Google]
1455151221236.jpg
1013 KB, 971x3604
>tfw realizing you're stupid

It's cathartic.
>>
>>28030057
Parents don't want to accept the fact that their kid might actually just be a retarded failure.
>>
>tfw quiet and reserved
>tfw people just assume that I'm smart because they've never heard me say anything stupid.
>>
File: 1378681363585.jpg (49 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1378681363585.jpg
49 KB, 500x276
>grow up thinking I'm pretty smart
>get above average grades but think I can do better than this but I'm just lazy
>years later realize that as little of a shit as I gave, most people gave even less
>I actually worked a little harder than most other kids
>I'm actually completely average
>>
>fell fro smart but lazy meme thinking I'd breeze by
>senior year of HS I panic and realize my life is ahead of me
>for the first time in my life get only one c on my report card just because I didn't take the final, knocking me down 15 points
>take the SAT without studying
>get 1750
>get reaffirmed to my smart but laziness
>start college
>resume slacking
>2.4 GPA
>year and a half later I realize what I'm doing again
>all A's and B's this semester
>have to do 3 more semesters before I can even hope of transferring to the program I want, then do 4 more semesters
>graduating almost two years later than I should have
>all because I feel satisfied getting B's on tests without studying
>>
>>28028270
It's all just pattern recognizion.
>>
File: I've had enough.jpg (52 KB, 604x517) Image search: [Google]
I've had enough.jpg
52 KB, 604x517
>>28027801
>Parents tell me I'm smart.
>Tell them I'm not really too smart, and that I'm average at best.
>They get angry and tell me I just say that due to "low self-esteem"
>They insist that I should go to a psychologist again.
For fucks sake.
>>
>have a master's
>people think I'm smart but I'm actually retarded
hahaha I fooled them
>>
>>28027406
>everyone tells me that
I'm actually retarded I just don't talk
>>
>101 IQ

Why live?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.