[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this literally the scientific definition of a robot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 31s3UjGk7xL._SL500_.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
31s3UjGk7xL._SL500_.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love-shyness

There's surprisingly no article in english about this so I'll try to translate the most important stuff.

>Brian G. Gilmartin described it as a chronic form of shyness 1987
>per definition it's hard for the affected to show to advantage towards possible sexual partners
>especially it's often impossible to start conversations with people perceived as attractiv because of strong feelings of anxiety
>Gilmartin observed heterosexual males and came to the conclusion that Love Shyness affects about 1,5% of all men

He created six criteria which are required
>He's a virgin
>He is a man who seldom goes out with women
>He has no experience with love relationships
>He suffers under his lack of amorous experiences
>He suffers under anxiety, which prevent him from approaching women. This is the essential point of love shyness
>He is heterosexual

>Gilmartin doubts that women or homosexual men can suffer under Love Shyness, mostly because of the distribution of social roles which forces men to be active.
>>
Yep, pretty spot-on
>>
>>28026905
>muh love shyness
It's called being shy. Simple as that.
>>
>>28026940
Why is that many of can talk with most men? I mean it's clear we arent social masters and make friends everywhere or enjoy it but it's possible for most of us to talk to guys or people at the store/doctor etc. There seems to be a certain barrier when it comes to talking to women we are interested in.
>>
I fit every single criteria but I'm not kissless
>>
>>28026905
>scientific
>"anxiety preventing him"
yeah this is about as scientific as saying the wage gap exists for women and it prevents them from working hard.

when people say they don't do something because of muh anxiety or muh depression, they are talking about basic, fundamental fear rather than any of that horseshit. they are saying that they are more scared of making themselves uncomfortable for a chance at success than they are being miserable in failure. that's a simple decision that is well within their rights and control. to say anything else is "preventing" them while it's still a fucking part of their character and calling that science or fact is just spiritual mumbo jumbo.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.