[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>best friend just broke up with his girlfriend of 9 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
>best friend just broke up with his girlfriend of 9 years - started when they were 16
>turns out she's been seeing another guy on the side for about a year, and has been occasionally fucking other guys since just over a year into their relationship
>this is a woman who has hooked me up with some of her friends
>who managed to convince her bestfriend - a 10/10 - to go to prom with me, the weird chubby kid who played MTG during lunch
>who has helped me through life's problems again and again
>who is generally the best woman I have ever met

How the fuck could someone do this to another? What the fuck is the point of even loving or being in a relationship? I'm just flabbergasted, and my friend absolutely emotionally devastated, he's just destroyed.

Now that I've gotten your woman hating attention, reverse the genders, same questions still apply.
>>
>can you build a house?

I didn't realize there was a stereotype that men were supposed to be able to build houses. This is a new one for me.

Like "can you change the oil in a car" or "can you fix a leaky faucet" would have been way funnier.
>>
>>28026049
normies.
We need adultery laws, with prison time.
Put adulterers in the same cages as murderers and rapists.
>>
Yes, I can build a house. And so could my dad, and his dad lived in a house he built.
>>
>>28026085
It isn't funny in the first place. Women should of course be expected to be able to cook, no exceptions. This isn't a sexist thing though, you're a fucking adult, you should be able to cook for yourself: man, woman, smart, dumb, rich, poor; if you're an adult and cannot cook then you're pathetic.
>>
>>28026085
Neither of those require as much skill as cooking.

Assuming what's meant by cooking is more than following directions on a box.
>>
File: 1275161906686.jpg (25 KB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1275161906686.jpg
25 KB, 300x236
>>28026144
>implying cooking takes more skill than building a fucking house
Wow, you sure are delusional.
>>
>>28026169
That's not what I said, or even implied. I said changing oil and fixing a faucet don't require as much skill as cooking. Building a house requires more.

Maybe the equal level would be being able to fix a car. Because it requires background knowledge, skill and experience, not just following some directions online about how to change oil.
>>
>>28026144
I can cook no problem as a 19 yo boy

All you do it learn the basics, like how to make a rue, how to correctly saute, knifework and then follow recipes.
>>
>>28026049
all women are susceptible to hedonism anon
>>
>>28026191
>fix a car

Okay I think it's time for you to stop posting. You are so obviously clueless about these topics.
>>
>>28026049
I can build a doghouse for bitches like you
>>
>>28026214
I'd like to hear why you think so. A man should be able to diagnose and fix his vehicles, a woman should be able to cook well, continuing her family's traditional cuisine.
>>
>>28026191
Far more people can cook than fix cars. I still think trying to find an equivalent is dumb because cooking is something that both men and women should be able to do. It's really not that hard, and is an essential life skill.
>>
>>28026240
I'm not arguing the gender role part.

Saying "fix a car" shows you know so little about the topics that your "not nearly as hard" argument has no stance.
>>
>>28026085
In the pictures defense, I actually can build a house.
>>
>>28026246
Like I already said, I'm operating on the assumption that by cooking, they mean more than whipping together a stir-fry or baking some fish. Things like making your own pasta take time.

>>28026274
I'm still not sure why you think so. My husband, my brother, their father and my father all know how to "fix cars." Only the brother is a mechanic. Is the word "fix" you're taking issue with?
>>
>>28026305
>Things like making your own pasta take time.
You think that women require higher proficiency in being able to cook than men? I can cook better than any woman I've ever been with, I'm even better than my parents. I love cooking and unless I end up dating an actual chef, I will do the vast majority of the cooking in a relationship. Cooking is one of those things that it makes sense that the person who likes it more does it.
>>
>>28026353
No. Where are you even getting that from? I didn't say that only women were capable of cooking, or even imply it. I said they should know how.

It's good you know how to cook, anon. Take pride in it, but stop assuming everyone is against you.
>>
>>28026305
Oooooooooh, you're a woman yourself. I thought you were a guy saying "Lol all guys should be able to 'fix cars'" and knew absolutely nothing about the topic yourself, just that you were trying to shit on other guys.

It all makes a lot more sense now
>>
>>28026384
Maybe I misunderstood, I just got the implication that you think the standards for men and women when it comes to cooking are different. Do you believe that the standards that women have for cooking are/should be higher than that for men?
>>
>>28026437
In a traditional relationship, the woman should be held to a higher standard, as she'll be the one home more often, and will be the one feeding the kids for the early parts of their life. In a non-traditional relationship, it's not as important.

To be honest, my husband cooks much, much better than I do, because he can't stand any kind of mediocrity in himself. I never meant to imply there's anything wrong with a guy wanting to be the best at what he does. Only that when the woman will be in a traditional role, she should try to excel at those skills for the benefit of her family.
>>
>>28026049
>dating a """""""""""""women""""""""""" taht cant cook
>ever
have some standards
>>
>>28026049
what have meems become

holy shit that awful fucking image, shitty wording, cropping, watermark, its awful
>>
>>28026558
>not wanting to wow new girlfriends with your cooking ability

I cannot think of a single skill that impresses women more than being able to cook something fierce. Absolute panty dropper.
>>
File: 1455248930138.jpg (420 KB, 400x5000) Image search: [Google]
1455248930138.jpg
420 KB, 400x5000
>>28026085
>waahh waah men are stronger we can do everything
>why would I know how to build a house
Is the main point here.

>>28026131
Women and cooking have nothing to do with each other. If you were the least bit educated you would know that lords and ladies of houses had their servants prepare their meals. Women only cooked when they were poor and stayed home most of the time. And also men did know how to cook when they too were poor, you're delusional if you think it was always the woman who was the baker, chef, or tavern host.

Why are people taught history and then all of a sudden forget it to come up with retarded unfactual opinions?

COOKING IS FOR THE POOR.
P O O R
AND SAVAGES
S A V A G E S
>>
>>28026756
This isn't the 17th Century son, times have changed.
>>
>>28026809
If you want to get to the truth of things you start from the roots. Stereotypes that start after xxxx century are unfactual opinions meant to misinform and manipulate.
Society is already as fucked up as is with feminists spouting lies and men digging up their assholes for reasons why we should reestablish a non-existent patriarchy that's been dead for decades and for good reason. So now men want to be unproductive and women want to unproductive. Whoop de fucking doo now what? Have sex? At least know how to think with clarity.
>>
>>28026892
You sound like you're super fun to have around at parties.
>>
>>28026049
OP, you know what you have to do. Fuck your best friend. Do it faggot, she's easy as hell right now.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.