[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is hitting way too close to home for me >lonely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: meIRL.png (320 KB, 593x555) Image search: [Google]
meIRL.png
320 KB, 593x555
This show is hitting way too close to home for me
>lonely for the last 4 years
>awful experiences with people and women in particular made me retreat into my own safe spaces
>become more and more cynical and hate filled every day
>become even more and more unable to relate as every day goes on
the only difference is I don't have a cute anime girl to yell at me and force me to become normal
because in reality, literally no one gives a shit, especially if you're a guy, guys are considered worthless if they aren't functioning by a certain time and haven't had certain experiences

I have a feeling a lot of the unironic robots feel the same way, slipping more and more into self-hatred and social isolation every day for the last however many years until you get so far behind it's pretty insurmountable
>>
yea pretty much dude
>>
>>28023381
I completely agree once you age to a certain point as a male you're simply disposable... I'm in the mood for some lighthearted anime that will make me feel like shit, what's the show called?
>>
>>28023776
It's not lighthearted at all
it's literally a loner edgemaster in high school who hates everyone and women in particular being forced to join a club
and the only other member is a girl who yells and preaches at him all day about how he's worthless and shit

it's pretty much a 24 minute propaganda piece about shaming robots and otaku types
>>
File: _np1ipfrv881uvxgfyo1_1280.png (555 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
_np1ipfrv881uvxgfyo1_1280.png
555 KB, 1280x720
>>28023381
hachiman is my spirit animal
>>
>>28023381
just lift man, you'll make it even if your cynical views has gotten more present.
you need to exercise and fight.
read a lot too.
>>
>>28023381
>emo kid who spouts faux-cynicism 24/7
>2 cute girls hang out with him and hit on him
>"this show is hitting way too close to home"
>>
>>28023841
I assumed it was lighthearted due to the attitude of the female lead trying to get Mr Robot to normalize. I'm still curious what's the name of the flick?
>>
>>28023881
I'm talking about the first 2-3 episodes which is where I'm at
where it isn't a generic harem and it's him being essentially a robot, a little overdramatic, but about the same as most people here
someone who got hurt, retreated into isolation to deal with it, and keeps getting hurt and driven further back every time he tries

>>28023878
>just lift
please go away, if lifting solved your problems then there wouldn't be so much depression and whining on /fit/
same goes for reading and /lit/
>>
>>28023909
This Anime's Title was Based on a Light Novel but for Some Reason the People Who Make These Shows Can't Just Come Up With Their Own Titles So We're Left With a Bizarrely Long Title That Has to Be Shortened by Fans
>>
>>28023909
oregairu, aka yahari
>>
>>28023909
yahari ore no seishun
>>
>>28023909
Boku no Pico
Original
>>
File: 9821832813.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
9821832813.png
117 KB, 372x351
>beta narcissist with semi-nihilistic views looking for something genuine
>>
>>28023381

I feel the same, I am no robot, but I've been feeling down lately. I'm not just "sad", no, I feel as if I hate everyone around me. My life has no direction, I can't motivate myself to do anything. I can go to any college in the world and can become anything I want, as I am doing very well financially, but as I said I simply lack the motivation. Plus, while I am very rich I don't happen to be very smart, so while I can technically afford good education, I am simply not smart enough or determined enough to actually do anything with my life.

But my relation to you starts at (most likely) my biggest flaw; I am addicted to loneliness. I've lost the people I love and I am not able to communicate well. Most of my friends would disagree and say that I am very energetic and that I seem like the kind of person who makes friends easily, but the reality Is that I can't really do that. I am talkative but I constantly shut myself off from the world. I live in a pool of self pity and I don't think that I can get out. I feel my aspirations fading as I slowly descend into NEETHOOD.

Perhaps I am lonely because I haven't had a gf for years, perhaps it's because I haven't went to college due to my insecurities.

It doesn't really even matter why I am like this. I feel like no matter what I do I will never be content. I loathe all those around me because they seem content with their lives. I think i could only be happy in a fairytale.

I legitimately considered killing myself. Not sure if I will do it.
>>
File: regret.jpg (29 KB, 315x480) Image search: [Google]
regret.jpg
29 KB, 315x480
>>28023381
I loved this anime too anon and came to the same conclusion. It feels good to watch it because you can understand where hachiman is feeling. At the same time you realize no one gives a shit about how you feel or what you think irl. Plus the fact that there probably isnt a single girl in your life, not to mention one that cares about you. Well, I guess it only makes you more jaded in the world and makes you realize that youll always be single.
>>
>>28023381
I've been there since 17, and I'm 35 now.

Do everything you can to avoid being like me, kids. I'm merely working to survive and surviving to work.
>>
>>28023381
robots and men like us in general act hostile to eachother even though were in similar positions. the west is such a sick joke
>>
>>28023381
i know how you feel op

i've been a neet going on 10 years now and i just can't imagine stepping into a working environment

i'm so used to my own little bubble that stepping outside of it feels like it could potentially cause my very death
>>
Oddly enough, it was traps that made me want to better myself, not woman.
>>
>>28024627
how did that happen? desu
>>
>>28024445
why is death even a bad thing, anon?
>>
>>28023381
he's literally me
>>
>>28024877
LITERALLY HE IS ME
>>
you are not me :x
>>
>>28024869
because you can't watch anime or play video games when you are dead desu
>>
>>28023381
Is this that sister fucking meme anime. Are you a sister fucker OP?
>>
File: satokun.jpg (39 KB, 696x337) Image search: [Google]
satokun.jpg
39 KB, 696x337
>>28023381
Watch NHK. It's like that show but with darker themes and more drama. You will feel like shit after. guaranteed.
>>
>>28024829

I was always content with being a loser since I didn't care much about relationships, but then I found this hard working twink, he was younger than me but has traveled and had all kinds of experiences, I felt so inferior compared to this fag who plays with his butt and makes bank while I'm broke as fuck.
>>
File: 1458337341809.jpg (73 KB, 615x454) Image search: [Google]
1458337341809.jpg
73 KB, 615x454
>>28025092
I just finished watching this, and anon here is right about feeling like shit after all of it. By the end, everyone has a happy or bittersweet ending which is something none of us are ever gonna have.
>>
Is there going to be another season?
>>
File: tumblr_mqyft5m6y61rep5r7o1_1280.jpg (590 KB, 850x1202) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqyft5m6y61rep5r7o1_1280.jpg
590 KB, 850x1202
>>28023381

Do you like cute boys too?
>>
>>28026197
no, I'm not gay
my life would be easier if I did though
>>
File: tumblr_nmm71wLjjt1sf7aooo7_500.jpg (69 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmm71wLjjt1sf7aooo7_500.jpg
69 KB, 500x466
>>28026213
Then you're not much like Hachiman at all, he is bisex masterrace fo sho.
>>
>>28026213
Why not man? you could be the top!
>>
I don't fully agree with this either, it might make some of you go all RRRREEEE, and also >ANN, but this was an interesting read at least:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-06-17/growing-up-is-hard-to-do-my-teen-romantic-comedy-snafu/.89238#_=_
>>
>>28023381
>S1 - robot who gets forced to do stupid shit by stacies
>S2 - becomes a full chad and has a harem of girls wanting his dick

what the fuck happened
>>
File: 1382539051548.jpg (19 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
1382539051548.jpg
19 KB, 704x400
watch Welcome to the NHK instead
>>
>>28028403

>naoto got his life on track by 22
>saw NHK when I was 22
>now turning 24
>still loser NEET

damn, you know its bad when you're worse off than the oldest anime loser
>>
>>28027225

I just hate how loners and outcast are always painted in a bad light in anime, they always take them to the extreme and try to 'fix" them, then it just becomes this cringy psa on why being alone is bad.

I definitely see similarities between myself and characters like that, so I tend to take it personally, but I'm not nearly as cynical as them. I just didn't want to hurt, but as I got older I stopped giving a fuck as much, now I'm more willing to take risk involving others, but I'm still cautious.

I don't think I could ever trust anyone enough to marry them or have kids, but everything below that I can handle. I'm pro friend, anti-relationship I guess.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.