[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you bots have any ideas on how to make it to the middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: jesus.jpg (95 KB, 584x777) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
95 KB, 584x777
Any of you bots have any ideas on how to make it to the middle class in a factory job?
>work in glass factory
>really like my job
>would like to make 23+hr
>want to live a /comfy/ life that aint the NEET life
>only make 12.20 after 2 raises.
How do I go about this /r9k/
>can manage and doesnt afraid of talking to people like I use to be
>>
>>28023141
get a new job. the factory isn't going to double your pay just because you want them to
>>
>>28023141
Go to college and study something profitable such as engineering, law, management and such. Forget classes like sociology and so on. You need to improve your qualifications.
>>
>>28023141
OP is this you?
https://youtu.be/2mClfU2NStY
>>
>>28023141
Factory work in Canada is pretty lucrative, 23+ an hour is not rare for experienced workers, my aunt makes about 25 an hour after working in a factory for just over 10 years.

You need to keep at it for a while, once you start gaining seniority you can start bettering your pay, give it a few years. If you've been there for a few years already and are only making $12.20 I might start looking for another job, that's like entry-level factory pay where I live.
>>
>>28023185
no, I cut glass, and handcut special designs. Like the glass on your doors that come in unique shapes, thats the shit I do as well as rack glass up to 3/4in
>>28023155
ive tried but in ks, there really isnt a lot of jobs here without moving into an area where rent is 2x where im at now.
>>28023176
>have AAS and still taking courses for my BS. I just really like my job and wouldnt mind doing it for a few years. (mostly cause the people I work with are all bros)
>>28023211
only been here a year and a half. Fucking canada. the pay rates here are all over the place. Some people make 23hr having been here for 8yrs and others having been here for 23yrs only make 22.
>>
File: workerbees.png (686 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
workerbees.png
686 KB, 1500x1000
>>28023141
>want to live a /comfy/ life that aint the NEET life
You'll be searching for a while
>>
Grow weed on the qt in your basement.
One you got it dialed in its relatively low maintenance. Get good odOr control.

I do two commercial grows per year. Produce about 2kg and sell it in bulk for about 6.5k uk pounds. If you can sell it in smaller amounts your profit goes up but so does risks.

Supplements my meagre income.
>>
>>28023259
>only been here a year and a half
I'd say give it another year and a half, then see what your pay is at.
>>
How the fuck are we supposed to know? We know nothing about how your workplace operates. Ask your boss or HR rep, you simpleton. Maybe your lack of any rational thinking is what is keeping you at 12/hr. I mean did you think we had some sort of cheat code to input into your paycheque?
>>
>become buddy-buddy with your supervisor, hr, and anyone that seems important but not a kissass
>gain a reliable work reputation and modestly reveal an amount of healthly ambition
>once on a good par with everyone ask your supervisor about advancement potentional, new responsibilities, or if there is any skill or tasks you can learn to help with your job
>casually ask them to put in a good word for you if there are any position s open, and if not then to just spread your name around

The good work reputation is a must. If youve been a lazy turd that doesnt take overtime well and just do the bare minimum until its time to clock out, your boss wont even consider vouching for you in case you make them look bad. Its reputation and networking.
>>
>>28023392
Well im not big on just asking for raises and wanted to see if any of you bots knew alternative methods rather than just ask.
>>28023407
my reputation is the most known in my department. I always try to get 5-10hrs of overtime a week and they know I dont mind doing extra work.

Thanks for you advice guys, going to go get shower.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.