[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have a massive report for in school >basically counts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1389344124578.jpg (40 KB, 490x440) Image search: [Google]
1389344124578.jpg
40 KB, 490x440
>have a massive report for in school
>basically counts as an entire exam
>pour myself into it and end up with a good product
>weeks pass
>I'm getting super nervous
>my classmates are starting to get their grades from their supervisors
>I email mine asking for it
>he writes back "The grades are released next week. Patience is a virtue. :)"
>I, and anyone I talk to about it, takes it as a nudge towards me getting a great grade
>results are released today
>I get the lowest passing grade

What a fucking kick to the nuts. I'm so angry right now. I'm gonna complain about it to the examination office and hopefully get it pulled a point or two up.

My supervisor might as well have used a :^) smiley.
>>
>>28020256
did you use your schools writing center at all?
>>
>>28020256
not sure what you want from me m8
that sucks i guess
work harder
professor is a dick
you got cucked
etc.
>>
>>28020256
did you consider that maybe it was shit and you are delusional?
that your standards are lower than theirs?
>>
>Implying the professor would potentially risk his position by blatantly mocking you.

He probably didn't know your grade OP
>>
>>28020289
No. But I followed every guideline listed regarding the report, and answered every question handed to me.
>>28020292
I just want to rant.
>>28020308
I've let people read it through and comment on it before I handed it in. They all said it was good. I even included theory that isn't even taught on my current level.
>>28020317
He did. He was one of the people voting for it. Even told me in an email that they'd finished grading it two weeks ago.
>>
>>28020352
>I even included theory that isn't even taught on my current level.
*I even included theory that isn't taught on my current level.
>>
>>28020352
you were a dumbass then to not have a 2nd set of eyes proof read your work.
>>
>>28020352
does the professor let you email him with a draft and have him look it over?
>>
>>28020352
>I've let people read it through and comment on it before I handed it in. They all said it was good. I even included theory that isn't even taught on my current level.

anon, your peers have no reason to be rude to you it is way easier to be kind and say its good.

>theory that isn't even taught
so you shouldn't have included it lmao just makes it look like you're copying a textbook or some shit
stick to what you and they know
>>
>>28020377
I did have two pairs of eyes proof read it before I handed it in.

>>28020383
No. He even told me during the process of picking a topic to study up on certain algorithms. I did, and when I got the definition it was something entirely different I had to write about, so I had to re-study it.

>>28020399
He advised me on using theory that isn't taught on my level.
>>
>>28020256

>fucking group assignment
>have to do a presentation with normie girls who were actually ok
>hand in virtually identical written reports
>the actual presentation I barely survive but I get my section done without fucking it up too much
>get our grades back, they all got distinctions
>I got a fucking credit
>>
>>28020420
>He advised me on using theory that isn't taught on my level.

he also gave you a shit grade so clearly you did something wrong
quit trying to pin the blame elsewhere the problem was probably 99/100 your fault
>>
>>28020256
don't go in angry, normies are petty and will hold a grudge, it is better to remain just another face in the crowd if you want the slightest hope of being treated fairly
>>
>>28020256
Post the report. And your grade level. And country too I guess. I'll grade you ;)
>>
>>28020462
>>28020256
the term is almost over isnt it?
I say go for it
>>
File: 1455435417485.gif (677 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
1455435417485.gif
677 KB, 500x230
>>28020472
this, fampai. i do a lot of technical writing, so maybe we could help you avoid what happened in the future.
>>
>>28020449
If it is my fault, I want to know what I did wrong. I wrote about two topics that I've otherwise passed with flying fucking colors (math and history, wrote about the history of cryptography). This is the lowest grade I've ever received, and it completely kills my grade average.

The only thing I think they can hold me up on is that I didn't describe how the Enigma machine works mathematically, which they asked for, since constructing an algorithm to describe it is fucking doctorate level. I did explain that it's an advanced poly-alphabetic substitution cipher machine and explained the theory and evolution behind that kind of encryption, and then went in to details about the electromechanical scrambling that Enigma does, explaining the whole process from input to output.

>>28020462
Right now I'm just waiting for an email back from him with some arguments for the grade, so I can counter argue at the examination office.

>>28020472
I doubt you'd understand it, given that it's not in English.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.