[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to actually fix being ridiculously self conscious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1444965221764.png (830 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1444965221764.png
830 KB, 792x792
Is there any way to actually fix being ridiculously self conscious about how I look?

The worst part is that I've already tried all the regular advice to improve appearance like being fit and wearing nice clothes and trying different hairstyles and trying to beeee myself or trying to have a different personality... I've tried everything and nothing even gets me a conversation with a girl. I'm ugly and shorter than most girls I see. There's no fixing that.

I want to put it all behind me and focus on other things but every time I see an attractive person I just feel absolutely miserable to the point where I feel sick. Sometimes it just makes me so angry and other times it makes me want to collapse.

I can't fantasize about sex because I can't even imagine someone could be attracted to me any more.

Even writing this now I just feel like I want to cut myself some more. I don't know what to do to...
>>
Just look better
>>
>>28019111
Trust the trips man
>>
>>28019106
smoke weed lmao
>>
>>28019230
This.
Or take some acid.
Helps you put shit into perspective.
>>
>>28019106
You'll never get a conversation with a girl just because you fixed your appearance unless you initiate it. Even if they do like you they're rarely up front about it unless they're complete sluts. I'd hate to recommend any substances but alcohol really helped me with being more outgoing and giving less of a fuck about everything. Just try to talk to some girls that don't seem like total stuck up cunts.
>>
File: 260384932.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
260384932.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>28019452
You don't think I tried that?
>>
realize that you'd have to be very special to be unattractive to everyone. you are not special, you are probably an average person. with this thought bluff your way into normiedom. do not express your patheticness and do not apologize for no good reason. alternatively you can become a trap, you will feel pretty and get loads of positive attention from betas
>>
>>28019106
>I can't fantasize about sex because I can't even imagine someone could be attracted to me any more.

I know that feel. Every dream I've had involving women they reject me. I've never had a wet dream before, never.

Then again, I'm such a faggot that I've never even tried to talk to a girl, at least you're trying. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll find someone eventually.

I've come to realize that I'm not really ugly (you're probably not as ugly as you think), but I just feel so inferior to people. I can't fathom how anyone would ever find me attractive.
>>
>>28019546
>you are not special
I am, by definition, special.
>>
File: 06e.jpg (108 KB, 1181x897) Image search: [Google]
06e.jpg
108 KB, 1181x897
>>28019230
>>28019361
Nic mems duds
>>
Thanks for the help... as always
>>
>>28020458
I don't know what to tell you, anon, other than telling you to keep trying. I'm not exactly confident myself and going through the same shit except that I'm not making any effort to get better. At least you're actually trying.
>>
>>28019646
No you are fucking not! If you are extreme manlet or u have big fucking bump on your forehead you would be special but you must be normal dude with 5/10 face. Accept yourself because you can't change yourself
>>
File: 10586123091236.png (352 KB, 500x639) Image search: [Google]
10586123091236.png
352 KB, 500x639
>Is there any way to actually fix being ridiculously self conscious about how I look?

>I've already tried all the regular advice

You sound like you need to do some personal soul-searching anon.
Making this thread is probably a good start, but don't expect to get a response that has functionally useful advice.
If you've exhausted all the usual tricks that people offer about being overly self-conscious and they haven't worked, then the problem is a mental block that you aren't going to be able to trick away easily.
Therapy is an option, but imo therapy is almost always excessive & unnecessarily expensive unless your problem is life threatening.
>>28019361
acid's an option too. obviously you're also getting high, which is fun. don't do acid if you're not also interested in light recreational drug use.
acid's pretty safe and cheap, doing it once if you haven't tried it before can give you some fuel towards changing yourself for the better. not 100% assured or anything, but there's a reason soul-searching is often associated with hallucinogens.

anyways, to basically sum it all up, you've gotta figure it out yourself, because that's the only way you'll be able to accept a substantive mental change.
>>
>Is there any way to actually fix being ridiculously self conscious about how I look?
Not sure if this will help but it's something to keep in mind. You DO NOT understand what girls find attractive. Look around, there are tons of girls who date guys I would consider fat/unattractive/disgusting. Girl's taste does not make sense... At all. Even a little bit.

So stop trying to make sense of it, do what you want, whatever you think is best FOR YOU. The more you try to meet girls perceived expectations or understand how they think the more you'll destroy yourself. But if you do whatever you want it will usually work out.

If you think a lot like me that's probably really hard, but it works, to a disturbing degree. Just do whatever you want, it's a weird pseudo confidence which girls seem to appreciate.
>>
Ehh, yeah sure appearance can get you noticed. But being funny and social will make the females remember you
>>
Without pics, I call shenanigans.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.