[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had the following conversation with my mother a while ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
I had the following conversation with my mother a while ago

>"I've got another one of your Japanese dolls in the mail"
>Oh yeah, did you bring the box?
>"yeah"
[a few minutes later]
>"Bernd, why do you spend your money in these things instead of getting a girlfriend?"
>... eeh, I don't want to, I'm happy like this.
>"but you know this can't be forever, you'll have to find a girl and settle down sometime"
>Well I do want to move alone sometime but you know getting a proper job is hard and I have to finish uni
>"and then what?"
>Then I'll do the same things I do now but alone
>"and will you marry, and have kids? are you aware that no girl will ever want a man who collects dolls?"
>I don't care, I have my hobbies and if a woman wants me then she'll have to be ok with such things
>"So your plastic anime figures are more important than your future?"
>You're bending my words
>"So they are. Have you given up on life?"
>I don't have to marry to live my life., I can perfectly live alone for the rest of my life if that suits me. You never married either and raised us alone
Then she gets all sobbing and goes away.

Despite being fairy liberal, she has recently developed the mentality that if you don't marry and have children you've wasted your life. Menopause must be hitting hard.

Rate, comment and subscribe.
>>
I seriously could not care less
>>
>>28016043

She just wants grandkids and is afraid she'll never have any.

You might still produce some. If you have yet to finish schooling you're probably still fairly young and the marrying age is just moving later and later in life. You might change, it's not impossible. But it's not guaranteed either, and that's what she's afraid of.
>>
Your mom sounds like an annoying cunt. My mummy always checks out my jap figures when I get a new one. Hope she likes my most recent purchase.
>>
She wants grandchildren.
She went through pregnancy and raising you to have her genes live on and now you are basically telling her that it was a waste of resources because you won't be having any kids.

It's true that some chads never marry either and are happy but they keep slaying pussy and spreading their seed while you are not
>>
>>28016043
This is why I hide my interest in anime/pretty much anything that isn't gaming from my family.

Even if they don't say it to my face, I'm sure I would be judged for even just watching anime.
>>
>Bernd
Pffffffffft
>>
>>28016043
My mom always said the same shit. When I was in middle school, it was because I wasn't listening to Back Street Boys and NSync. When I was in high school, it was how I dressed and that I played video games instead of going to school dances (still got head the one dance I went to - senior prom).

She went on and on about it until I met someone I liked, at which point, "She isn't good enough for you." Got married in 2012, in a courthouse for 20 bucks. She's still going on about how I should have become a lawyer, despite the fact that I'm happily working for 95k per year at a power plant, with no college education.

She keeps pushing me and the wife to have kids, too. We'll have them when we are good and ready.

Moms are weird.
>>
>>28016147

My mummy sometimes gets me figmas and nedoroids as presents, she likes surprising me with things every now and again. She ordered an extra devil Homura for herself because she thought it was pretty.
>>
>>28016043
You'd never want kids, right?
>>
>>28016447
I don't even want a girlfriend to begin with
>>
>>28016302
>despite the fact that I'm happily working for 95k per year at a power plant, with no college education.
if you don't mind explaining, how
18yo wagecuck fresh out of HS here, hated school and don't want to go to college despite everyone telling me to do so
>>
>>28016043
>You never married either and raised us alone
and thats why you are fucked up
>>
>>28016463
What about a brother or sister?
>>
>>28016515
He's almost a chad. 16, broke with a girl and next week already had new gf.
>>
>>28016501
Sure. I started off as an electrician apprentice ($15/hr). Did that for 2 years, until I got my Journeymans (20/hr), then I applied for a job at a power plant, as an operator. Got one (25/hr), and worked it for 3 years, and then started applying for other power plants. Found one that paid 44.50/hr. Applied, interviewed, and got the job.

The best paying jobs are in the middle of nowhere, though. That said, the middle of nowhere isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's plenty to do. Just no "big city" stuff to do.
>>
>>28016633
Sweet, will definitely look into it.
Is it hard? What kind of training is required

Right now I'm working at a book bindery for $11/hr, I like the work but I don't want to stay doing that shit forever
>>
>>28016633
Yep. This is the path that minwage losers don't understand. You have to work hard as an apprentice on a trade but if you put in the time you can make a real nice salary and always be in demand.
>>
>>28016659
Is what hard? Being an electrican, or an operator?

Electrician isn't easy, but, for the right people, it's pretty easy to understand.

Operator is easy on your body. Spend most of your time sitting in an air conditioned office. But you HAVE to be detail-oriented on a LOT of shit, all at once.

Electricians require apprenticeships. Power plant operator pre-employment training usually varies (there's a lot of different ways to produce power). I lucked out with a plant that had Diesel generators, a steam turbine, and a gas turbine that also could run off diesel if needed.

You also need to be prepared for weird schedules if you're an operator. Rotating shifts by the week, usually.

Of course, if operations doesn't sound like your cup of tea, there's always maintenance.
>>
>>28016694
Well, it makes sense. You get paid the least, and do the most work, but the worst of it only lasts the first two years, until you get your journeyman's. The reason for this is due to the fact that you're young. Most Journeymen and Masters aren't. So they'll put the abuse on your body, because your body can afford to take it. 2 years in, though, you'll typically be having apprentices doing the worst of your work. And 2 years of that shit isn't crippling. But a decade of it sure as shit would be.

Young men have no idea what they have. By 27-ish, you start to feel what's coming.
>>
>>28016694
Exactly, you sure as fuck shouldn't be working some dead-end minimum wage job outside of High School
People also act like it's impossible to find a job that pays more than $8/hr
>>
>>28016837
Most people don't want to work in the elements and get dirty. Hot summers, cold winter, and a lot of dirt/rust comes with being an electrician.

That said, it isn't atypical for Journeymen to make $30/hr, even in areas with low cost of living, like the Midwest.

And most of the people willing to get dirty want to be welders, for some reason.
>>
>>28016043
>Menopause must be hitting hard.
retard
your mother is watching her only child become a manchild pedophile
>>
>>28016868
>And most of the people willing to get dirty want to be welders, for some reason.
Most people probably think other jobs require a college education, and most the people who actually went to college don't want to get mud or grease on their shoes
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.