[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bipolar robots: Can someone be in the manic phase and not really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 732x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 732x355
Bipolar robots:

Can someone be in the manic phase and not really be "hyper"? My dad said he thinks I might have some form of it after the doctor diagnosed me with dysthymia y'know because I was staying in bed for months and I felt tired and sad for a long time but suddenly I feel very hyper and unfocused like I was right before I felt sad and I can't sit still, my hands and such are moving while I have indigestion whenever I eat or see bright colors so I usually don't eat and I can't sleep at night even though I usually love sleep because I have racing thoughts and I can't focus on anything anymore but that's been going on since my bedtime

Anyways I'm a pretty introverted person so can a manic depressive be introverted or
>>
>>28015885
yeah. what do u expect to run around in circles and scream at the top of your lungs? you're in a manic episode.
>>
>>28015964
>do you expect to run around screaming at the top f your lungs?

yes. My outward appearance is *usually* pretty subtle and my voice is somewhat quiet and monotone
>>
>>28015885
P S Y C H O S O M A T I C

oc.
>>
>>28016039
Diagnosed severe bipolar here.
No you don't run around hyper. You definitely have more energy, but to me the defining characteristic of mania is confidence- when I am manic, I KNOW I am going to be successful, that I am good looking, and so on. I can talk very quickly and articulately, I'm basically Superman for 24-48 hours. I can recognize that I am in a manic phase, and I feel so good I don't care at all.

I wish I always had mania, but it only happens once a month or so, or less now that I'm on medication. At least I don't feel like killing myself 29 days out of the month now.
>>
>>28016089
You know I don't think I'm bipolar then maybe it's just anxiety episodes because my confidence doesn't change haha I just feel like I want to run out of my house and start screaming and kill myself
>>
Any other Bipolar robots feel like you can kind "trigger" a manic phase by doing certain things? Like if I sleep in really late, then decide to stay up all night/through the next day, and have some coffee throughout the night and morning, I can sometimes get a manic phase to trigger. It's not just caffeine either, I'm really desensitized and have one cup of caffeine at most. Anyone else able to do this? It doesn't happen every time, just if I get lucky.
>>
>>28016117
I can't speak for everyone, take my experience with a grain of salt, especially since mine is so severe. However, if you don't at least feel a bit more confident, and you don't have the energy to stay up for a day or two straight, and if everything isn't super fun, I would say it's just bad anxiety. Sorry man, although maybe that's a good thing because severe Bipolar lows are the worst thing on earth.
>>
>>28016117
>>28016153
I forgot to mention I usually get super talkative and excitable and I'm usually very withdrawn

does anxiety relate to you seeing colors or flashes in your peripheral and possibly having brief periods of delusion? I spent like three weeks of February thinking I was possessed by demons and sometimes I'd blank out and could feel them watching me you know
>>
>>28016180
Hmm, well I definitely get much more talkative during mania when usually I'm very withdrawn as well. If you're having minor delusions, you might be Bipolar though. That's another thing I feel during mania, delusions of some sort or another, and terrible paranoia if I really think about things.
>>
>>28016180
you sound schizo to me with the demons.

i've heard of some migraine disorders that cause colors like that.
>>
>>28016227
Ok but do you know what I'm talking about? Like I couldn't leave my room because I could feel it watching me, I prayed and almost cried it was terrifying and my field of vision was almost entirely colors. Unrelated but do you have problems with shadows in your vision? For me contrast and shadows are constantly moving, checked eyesight at the doctor's, they said I don't need glasses

I fell into the depression and vision problems right after I tried pot for the first time, which was an intensely scary experience, I heard things, got paranoid, and I blacked out (I'm only 18)
>>
>>28016247
Well I think they probably weren't demons now but at the time it was scary. Usually that stuff relates to my feelings in a weird way and beliefs like I'm shrinking or demons are watching me never last for more than two to three weeks
>>
Mild rapid-shift BP here, I mainly experience hypomania with bouts of mania and (fairly severe) depression. I used to take seroquel but it removed hypo and manic episodes so I stopped taking it. I enjoy my hypomania and manic episodes to a degree, except when anger is present in the latter stages. It's easier for me to manage my symptoms without drugs (I cannot recommend not taking their drugs enough). I don't really know of anything to trigger a phase for me, but being rapid shift I tend to just "deal" until my depressive episodes are over.
>>
>>28016294
No problems with my vision here, but I tend to have some slight shadow hallucinations while manic at night time. Constantly though, with color issues, I don't know. To see shit that vividly though and be that terrified, I'm not sure that's anything Bipolar, paranoia is common but that almost sounds vaguely like schizophrenia to me.

Either way, I would go to a psychiatrist and get evaluated. They should be able to give you something that isn't an SSRI, and it should help a lot.
>>
>>28016361
I would say not to advise people to stop taking their drugs. I'm on 400 mg of Seroquel and still get very occasional mania, but it keeps the lows from coming. When I have stopped taking it, I just want to kill myself, there is no surefire way to trigger a manic episode. If it works for you go ahead, but I don't think others should stop taking it because I think a lot of us lean towards much more frequent and severe depressive phases than any hypo and mania.
>>
>>28016326
it sounds like parts of your brain are misfiring. i would tell all of these symptoms to a doctor no matter how embarassed it might make you feel. write them all down before hand and take it with you if that makes it easier. these issues could all be related to immense levels of anxiety for extended periods of time which no doubt is also causing depression because you feel so helpless and confused about them. this leads to a mixed episode of depression and mania which can create some really fucked up symptoms. sounds like you are trapped in a negative feedback loop and you have to relax and get your mind off this stuff if you want to feel normal again. alternatively there could be some issues going on with your brain anything from tumors to epilepsy. you need some tests done to rule those out, and you are most likely just freaking yourself out which is causing more symptoms which is freaking you out more which is causing more severe symptoms. but would be best to be safe and see a doc about this if you havent already.
>>
(rapid shift here again)The other Anon talking about confidence is spot on, it's also my defining characteristic, I feel in control and like I could take on any task or interaction, I also feel like I'm able to learn and/or master just about anything with ease (I call it "my knack", it's kinda hard to explain). I missed the coffee comment earlier, so there is something that can prompt them: Stimulants. Get some good d-amp instead of caffine if you wanna go that route desu.
>>
>>28016365
I can't trust them, man. I can trust you though. Those people, they're big pharma men. I don't want to be put on mind control pills. I just need to know if something's wrong, I honestly can't tell. And like I said earlier i'm good at masking what I'm feeling so the things I expressed itt I could never tell a doctor. I couldn't tell my doctor about the demons on the sole time I ventured outside the house when I got diagnose with dysthymia because I was acting very subtle. My doctor was worried I may have epilepsy because I'll blank out and come to and I'll be in a different room or something know what I mean. I don't know I just wish my gf was back with me, thank you so much for listening to this man I do not know WHO to talk to
>>
Rapid shift here... Again. Sorry fellas >>28016398
Is 100000% correct DO NOT UP AND STOP MEDICATIONS IF YOU ARE ALREADY PERSCRIBED. It took me like a month + to wean myself off seroquel (i was on 300mg) and it was a awful, both psychologically and physiologically.
>>
>>28016404
Thanks for the response but my health insurance did cover blood testing, etc and nothing was off my doctor did suggest I see a therapist but my insurance doesn't cover it
>>
>>28016469
No problem man. I understand that, I still have some fairly severe issues that I'm supposed to talk about with my therapist but they're so private, I just couldn't talk about them, so I get that. I would guess something is wrong though, if you're getting these delusions sometimes, and "passing out" for lack of better word. It's entirely possible those were just occasional weird things, though. I wish I was a professional, but I can't really diagnose you with anything. I'd say to keep an eye on this stuff, and if it gets worse, or happens more frequently, then you really do need to see a psychiatrist just for your own safety. Just once would be enough for them to at least figure out what's going on.
>>28016457
Damn, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I agree, I am learning guitar and my last manic phase I was playing guitar for hours straight, and killing it. What's d-amp exactly? It's 2 AM and I'm brewing up some coffee in the hopes of triggering a good phase and staying up all night.
>>
>>28016502
you need an mri bud

brain scan

being poor sucks though i know how that is. either way it will all probably come up normal. i guess just find a way to deal with it however you can. maybe eventually you won't get so worked up. demons aren't real that is just that part of your brain that is supposed to protect you from getting eaten by a bear at night in maximum overdrive. try not to dwell on the weird shit that's going on. put on some comfy video games or whatever. practice deep breathing exercises. and good luck. you definitely have some emotional issues to work through, a psychiatrist can help more than some fucked up losers on a japanese image board.
>>
>>28016571
Amphetamines. :P d(ex)-amp is the psychotropic (good) kind
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.