[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Kik? I always see it on /soc/ when I head over there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 3d-AkYCs_400x400[1].png (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
3d-AkYCs_400x400[1].png
33 KB, 400x400
What is Kik? I always see it on /soc/ when I head over there in some horrendously misguided attempt to stop being lonely before remember exactly why I'm lonely and leaving again. I get that it seems to be some kind of phone app for messaging?

I tried Googling it, but that wasn't much help. Essentially, it says it's a social media app that's "more than just a social media app" because it allows you to "connect with friends." Now, I'll admit I don't really do social media at all, but I was under the impression that connecting with friends was the entire point of social media.

If it's basically just a glofiried instant messaging program, but for your phone, then what the hell is the point? Typing out an instant message or typing out a text message on your phone take exactly the same amount of time.
>>
Come on, at least one of you people has to know.
>>
It is literally the fucking same as aim was back in the day. Every messenger is fucking aim. They all work the same. Add a username, talk to them. That's fucking it. 1/10 for making me reply.
>>
>>28015652
>What is Kik?
>If it's basically just a glofiried instant messaging program, but for your phone

You answered your own question.
>>
>>28015985
>>28016044

Oh wow.

It's just too stupid to be true.
>>
>>28015985
>>28016044
OK, then now the question is "Why does it exist?" Instant Messaging programs existed on computers because typing on a keyboard is always going to be far faster than texting, if this is just an IM program for a phone, then it has absolutely no advantages over any other form of communication via smartphone.
>>
>>28015652
Instead of having to give out your number, you just give out your kik username or whatever. This is useful if you want to talk to someone but not so much that you'd give them your number. Someone you met on the internet, for example.
>>
Kik is popular for cheating and online flirting. Line is another one that is popular for shitty mobile games. I think what's app is another one?
>>
>>28016085
It's a cheap IM program and you don't have to give out your number. Works for the kids I guess.
>>
>>28016114
This tbqh. There's also read, sent, and typing receipts as well and sending pics doesn't use data.
>>
>>28016124
whats app integrates with your contacts list and can be annoying like that/adds people on your list who have the app without your consent.
>>
Gas the kik.
>>
>>28016085
It exists because of you try to sign in from another device it deletes your conversations so they can't snoop on your conversations. Honestly it's fucking pointless. Kik, Skype, Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, it's all the goddamn same. They all exist because people jumped on the "hurr Durr imma make millions developing apps" train. I get that people like variety but goddamn it's ridiculous that there's so many.
>>
Apparently nobody is going to bother asking, so I guess I will:

What the fuck were even doing on /soc/, you fucking normie?
>>
i miss aim you can't even use kik on your pc
>>
>>28016315
I already explained why I was on /soc/, smart guy. I was tired of "tfwnogf," so I went to /soc/ to see if there were any girls in my area; turns out, there probably are. Then I remembered that it doesn't matter if there are single girls in my area on /soc/, because my being lonely has nothing to do with a lack of women existing in my general vicinity, it has everything to do with me being unattractive and undateable, and that no amount of going on /soc/ is going to change that.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.