[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"OMG I'm like, soo awkward and anxious I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1459141304219.jpg (163 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1459141304219.jpg
163 KB, 1280x960
>"OMG I'm like, soo awkward and anxious I can't deal with talking on the phone LOL"
>"haha, did you go to chad's party too?"
>"oh man, my ex came to me and my bf's house the other night it was like SOOO AWK-ward"
>"what do you mean you didn't drink until you were 21 anon, everyone drinks in middle school and high school?"
I can't take this shit, I am surrounded by normal functioning people who seem to think they're all depressed little special flowers so when I ask for help they all tell me stupid shit like "just be urself"

how the fuck am I supposed to deal with this and get actual fucking help? even my family says the same shit when I ask to see someone
they never believe me when I say I have never been to a party, had no friends or social contact for the last 4-5 years, and never had a relationship and I feel like I am going to die because I am so far behind socially I can't even function normally or hope to catch up

AND THEY JUST WRITE IT OFF BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS CLAIMING BULLSHIT FAKE MENTAL ILLNESSES AND THEY THINK I AM TOO
what the fuck?!?!?
how do I get through this?
do I have to literally make a giant fucking public scene to get any kind of mental help or attention?
>>
Ok anon, here's what you do.

You go on www.google.com
Look up counselling services and anxiety.depression communities and helpline services in your area.
Make an appointment/find out when meetings are or give the helpline a call or some shit.
Cure.

It's exactly like what you've been trying to do except you don't get normies to help you
>>
>>28015438
Are you still living with your parents? I don't know if they'll pay for professional counseling if they're saying "just be urself" and blowing you off but it's worth a try to bring it up.

If you're living alone I guess it's just a matter of being able to afford help if you are serious about it.
>>
>>28015438
just go to a fucking doctor, holy shit
>>
>>28015856
living with my parents until I find a job after graduating university
they've been putting off getting professional help for me for the last 6 months and unless I want to pay out the ass from my nonexistant paycheck I have to go through their insurance and them

their reason is "I get depressed sometimes too, you just have to not be sad :)"
"Just be yourself and you'll make friends :)"
>>
>>28015897
That really sucks. I've been contemplating telling my parents about my depression/anxiety for a while now as well. We're pretty short on cash and I've recently quit my job so I think I'd feel even more guilty.

My mom is more understanding but my dad sounds like your parents. "Just go out and meet a girl. Go hang out with your friends" (which are nonexistent IRL) is something he would always say.

I'm sure that your parents and my dad just don't understand the different between depression and sadness. No one wants to be sad. I'd be happy to "just not be sad" if I could.
>>
Kill em Johnny, kill em all mwahaha
>>
>>28015897
>"I get depressed sometimes too, you just have to not be sad :)"

well there's your problem. Your parents obviously don't understand the difference between depression and being sad. My dad is this way, but luckily my mom can somewhat understand.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.