[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have to do something before a deadline >the deadline is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1458700420012.jpg (119 KB, 969x720) Image search: [Google]
1458700420012.jpg
119 KB, 969x720
>have to do something before a deadline
>the deadline is far in the future
>put it off for no reason
>constantly stress about doing it but never actually do it because I'm scared
>stress even more
>deadline is approaching
>deadline comes and I didn't fucking do it
>everything is ruined
WHY AM I LIKE THIS
>>
>>28014029
>>deadline comes and I didn't fucking do it

I've done this for every writing assignment I've had in the past 2 years

not even joking, I have NEVER been on time for one writing assignment

it doesnt even matter though because I will fail anyways
>>
>>28014029
I know this feel very well. Why don't I just do shit and leave it for deadline day and beyond?
>>
>>28014029
>have to do something before a deadline
>deadline is far in the future
>put it off for no reason
>deadline approaching
>set out a plan based on how much time I have and how much time I will need
>knock out the project within the allotted time and turn it in on the deadline

feels good. just sit down and fucking do it. either work on it a little bit at a time or learn some time management skills so you can knock it out in a few days or whatever.
>>
>>28014029

This is literally why I failed Uni

I know this feel anon, you're not alone
>>
>>28014305
>just sit down and fucking do it.
no, you don't understand
>>
>>28014377
No, YOU don't understand. I hate to have to reference popular culture but just do it. No one else can make you do it besides yourself. You just have to tell yourself you're gonna do it and then go and do it. I know it can be hard, and maybe even feel impossible, but really it's quite simple when you think about it logically.
>>
>>28014029
>be me, high school freshman
>fail pretty much all classes due to depression/anxiety/laziness
>fast forward to half way through junior year
>pass majority of classes so far with mostly Ds but still have too many failed classes
>transfer to "alternative learning" high school because I probably won't graduate on time without it
>meet with a single teacher weekly to get packets of work due the next week
>have one actual class that is held two days out of the week, one being the same day as main teacher meeting
>literally only have to go to school twice a week
>all week to plan out completion of 4 - 8 packets (one or two per subject)
>don't do any work until the day before meeting
>wake up at 9AM the day before and do nothing but work until 5AM the day of meeting
>do this for another year and a few months
>graduate 3 months early

Really wish I would've fixed my terrible habits before trying to do some sort of college. Stopped taking community college classes because I put off papers/projects and even homework and couldn't finish them or do well enough to pass. I would just freeze up near the due date and end up: A. Not doing it at all B. Doing a terrible job which doesn't cut it for college. feelsbadman
>>
>>28014305
>>28014453
>le something is easy for me so no one else has an excuse to struggle with it meme
top reddit
>>
>hand in assignment 7 days late
>35% knocked off the score already

just want to end it lads

should I even bother
>>
Usually when I tell myself I will do something later, it feels good to tell myself I'll do it later. But if it feels good you aren't really grasping what it is you are going to do. If you say you are going to ruin your Wednesday instead of your Tuesday with studying and you instead feel bummed about your upcoming ruined Wednesday, then you have properly grasped it, and at that point you usually see that this other time is no different and that you might as well get it over with.
>>
>>28014029

Kek I'm currently doing this right now I have something due at 9pm (4pm cuttently) that's only 3/4 done, I've had so much time but I kept putting it off for no reason to play games and watch things and to wank
>>
>>28014029

>assignment for a subject that must be submitted in hard copy
>do the work
>don't hand it in

So many times at uni
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.