[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any military here? Marinefag visiting from /k/ and just wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1240x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1240x520
Any military here? Marinefag visiting from /k/ and just wanted to see if theres any vets or AD that needed someone to talk too.
>>
>>28012719
Got stationed in Hood a few months ago.
I exercise, go to work, then go sit in my room for hours. I haven't made any friends and honestly it feels bretty bad bro.
>>
File: US_NSWC_insignia.jpg (123 KB, 682x672) Image search: [Google]
US_NSWC_insignia.jpg
123 KB, 682x672
>>28012719
Navy DEP
Waiting on SO contract
Hoping they dont find about my severe autism.
A man can dream
>>
>>28012855
Whats holding you back bruv?
>>
>>28012719
I'm part of an npo that helps vets. I'm in California but it's nationwide, called team rwb. We could use someone like you willing to help.
>>
>>28012719
I'm joining the Air Force soon.
Just waiting on my recruiter to finish processing the paperwork, then I go to MEPS for the physical and wait a few months to get deployed into basic.

Really excited, since this will be the first time something of significance has happened to me in a long time.
>>
>>28012922
You got a website? I'm getting out soon but I want to continue helping vets, they're my family now.
>>
>>28012719
Planning on joining up sometime soon.
However im a filthy fucking canadian and our PM pulled us out of combat, and I actually want to fucking do something, Is it more worth it to try to join the US military, I want to move to the US later so would that help me get a citizenship too?
>>
>>28012719
What's your Mos bb ?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 498x568
>>28012719
>tfw born a 5'1 femlet
>size 0 petite pants
>size extra small for shirts
>I will never be strong enough for the military or as a cop
>can barely pass as a security guard

Tbqh even being a female makes the military almost impossible. The next closest thing is dating a man who's in the military. Actually I think I just realized why I have a thing for marines and police officers...hmmm...
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1168x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1168x800
>>28012922
>>28013035
I just checked out your website, what kind of things do you guys do regularly?

>tfw I join a NPO for vets through /r9k/

Stranger things have happened
>>
>>28013100
I'm an Amtracker, 1833, I'm usually careful about telling people that because the community is so small.

>I've run into people I know on 4chan because of this

Thought it was hilarious but it was bretty awkward at first.

>>28013154
Well it depends on what you want to do, are you trying to get into some kind if combat MOS or something? What branch?
>>
>>28012719
My initial plans were to join the Army as a combat medic or the Navy as a corpsman.

Unfortunately, asthma held me back despite a pulmonologist saying I was fit for service.

So, I went to college and tried out ROTC only to be kicked out for, guess what, asthma.

Apparently I can still get in with asthma as long as I haven't been hospitalized for it at any point in my life, I haven't been on a control medication for at least 3 years prior to signing, and I have a normal spirometry current to within 90 days of signing on the line (apparently that's for officers though, not sure what standard is for enlisted personnel though). All that I can do/prove easily. I just need to get in shape and get my BMI down before I walk into a recruiters office.
>>
>>28013297
I know plenty of Marines who had asthma before enlisting, infantry and amtrackers and they are pretty demanding physically. I'd say you have a good shot if you keep trying.
>>
>>28012998
Fuck off, Ryan
>>
>>28012882
S Q U I D
Q
U
I
D
>>
>>28012719
I'm good, but thank you for asking OP. I was in a bad spot after my 3rd Afghanistan deployment. I've been very close to killing myself before. I don't know how, but I just keep on going. As the years passed I got a lot better.

I'm still a retarded beta with no gf ever, that hasn't changed, but at least now I got a solid reason for living on. Once I graduate nursing school I hope to use what I learn to help vets. That's all I want to do now, just help people (vets and non-vets) and care for those who have been in that rough spot. Probably yet another reason why I understand robots and wizards so well.
>>
>>28013443
>3rd Afghanistan deployment
what did you do over there?
>>
>>28013235I don't think I've me anyone I know here tbqh.6114 flightline reporting in
>>
>>28013443
Yea I'm in the same situation too, good at what I do here and all around pretty normal but I'm socially retarded around girls. I can't pick up any of their signals and always get shit from friends when they tell me theyre being obvious but I don't really mind honestly, I've already achieved that sense of belonging I was looking for.

I want to help vets out as well when I get out, was thinking of joining the clergy and concentrate my efforts on veterans.
>>
>>28013358
Well, my plans are should I not get into grad school or get a job after graduation, I'm going to enlist (though I'm sure they'll try and push me to be an officer). Even if I do get into grad school, I think I'm still going to enlist, but maybe just in the reserves/NG so I can focus on my degree.
>>
>>28013582
I'd say go officer to get the most out of your education but if its the enlisted experience you're going after than go ahead. What'll either happen is that you'll move up the enlisted ranks faste with a college education or finish your 4 and move on to officers if you want to still. You gotta be careful though, some guys get disillusioned during the first 4 years and make mistakes that'll cost them their careers or even life after the military so keep that in mind.
>>
>>28013035
Teamrwb.org
>>
>>28013158

Depends on your local chapter really. We organize a lot of runs, outdoor events, charity golf outings, etc. We stay fit and stay together. It's free networking.
>>
Uncle Mike, fuck outta here.
>>
>>28012855
>>28012719
How easy is it to socialize there? Don't you have some kind of squad you just fuck around with?
>>
>2016
>fighting for the jews

Yes, good goy, topple those governments so we can install central ba...I mean democracy!
>>
>>28013945
I'll check out your LA chapter, Lord knows I'll have tons of free time when I get in a couple months, I'd be glad to help out
>>
I joined last June. Got stuck with boring job and want to kill myself everyday.
>tfw not mentally ill enough to get removed
>>
>>28014038

Awesome. Your local chapter should have an fb group as well. Oh and there are no fees, and you get a cool shirt.
>>
>>28014027
Pretty easy, you just need to relax and go with the flow sometimes really. Don't go full retard with the alcohol is what I tell most people, I did and it was a rough time for me
>>
I'm considering joining the military. I was thinking either Army or Air Force.

I just want something I can focus myself 100% on.
>>
>>28012719
Aus military here. Waiting around to be let off for the day. Was in the Navy for a while, currently army. Ask me anything
>>
Shamming my way through the last 6 months of my contract at Bliss, then they gave me CPL. Shit sux
>>
>>28014178
What was your basic like?
>>
>>28014165
AF fag here, go Army.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (630 KB, 1213x1356) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
630 KB, 1213x1356
>>28013158

>tfw I recruit for my npo on r9k
>>
Be honest with me guys, how physically fit do you have to be to get past basic?
I wouldn't say I'm fat or anything but I'm extremely weak, as in I lack any upper body strength, and running a mile is something that would nearly kill me. The idea of doing a push-up is daunting, let alone a fucking pullup.
Yet I see women and obese guys in military pictures and I think, "how did they get through?"
So how hard really is MEPS and basic? What should I do if anything to strengthen up? I've never excerised a day in my life so I have absolutely no idea how to prepare.
The branches I were considering were Air Force or Army (no Navy or Marines I can't fucking swim for the life of me) so if that helps I'm telling y'all now.
I want to enlist because I honestly have no foreseeable future for me.
>>
>>28014292
I'm not so sure about Army or Air Force but I know you need to be somewhat strong to make it through Marine Boot camp, you'll get fucked and put into Physical Conditioning Platoon till you get stronger or kicked out. Any other branches wanna weigh in?
>>
How many of you have ever killed a man?
>>
>>28014564
God damn it man you had one job and it was to not ask this question
>>
>>28014838
This isn't irl. If I had killed some sandies over there, I'd be like Cotton Hill.

>I dun killed me fiddy hajjis over thurr mmmhmmm
>>
>>28014838
bruh, I got my CIB and I ask that question all the time just to trigger ptsd fags.
>>
>>28012998
>deployed to basic

That's not.... That's not how to say it...
>>
>>28014930
Better shut your trap before I deploy myself all over YOUR basic
>>
>>28014891
I wonder if there are any guys who actually enjoyed their experience killing in the middle east. All you hear is PTSD stories.

I kinda want to meet one of those psycho vets but at the same time I'm scared .
>>
>>28014978
I didn't enjoy it but I'm not too bothered by it

It was nothing personal, they were doing their job and I was doing mine
>>
>>28014978
I didn't get like a woody from it, but I don't flip out and start crying like a cunt if people ask me about it.
>>
>>28012719
What do if want to join but too much weight? USAF specifically.

I do weights and cardio but the gut just won't leave. BMI is borked so I can't listen to that.
>>
>>28014292
Women have lower standards. Fatties got fat after they passed their physicals.
They're desk jockeys who don't have to pass as often, and so they get out of shape between tests. Once you've been in for awhile, they won't kick you out for being fat; they'll just put you in a more rigorous exercise program until you're back in shape.
>>
>>28015007
How many did you get, boss?

>>28015023
Why is it such a touchy subject if that's literally what they signed up for?
>>
>>28014978
This is a good read, written by a vet who loved the Vietnam War.
http://public.wsu.edu/~hughesc/why_men_love_war.htm

You could also read Storm of Steel; the memoirs of Ernst Junger. He was a German who fought in WW1.
>>
>>28014962
What the fuck are you on about. Can you even into reading. Have you even taken the ASVAB yet. Was your score 35. Did you fail the shapes portion of the test.
>>
>>28015047
7 confirmed

Also it's a touchy subject for some because you never really can understand the weight ending someone's life can put on your shoulders until you actually do it. It's hard when you're brought up to see them as the enemy, but when you've got the fucker in your sights you see he's just some dude just like you.

I realize what I've done and I've learned to live with it. Like I said, I had my job and they had theirs. I can't blame them either way for what happened
>>
>>28014188
Navy was shit but Army was worse by a long margin. DESU if I went through many now use laugh.
>>
What's the most robot MOS out there, and which MOS has the least amount of retards? I'm thinking of becoming an armorer or a tanker, leaning towards the armorer job more.
>>
>>28015141
Worse in what sense? Was it a haze fest?

Boot Camp was interesting for me as in it wasn't hard at all, sure there were a lot of stupid games but if you just rolled with the punches you'd be fine.

MOS school and the fleet was different, I thought MOS school and my first couple of monthsbin the fleet were WAY harder than anything from boot camp
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.