[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw want to learn japanese >it would take years and years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Depositphotos_11331458_m-2.jpg (239 KB, 1715x1166) Image search: [Google]
Depositphotos_11331458_m-2.jpg
239 KB, 1715x1166
>tfw want to learn japanese
>it would take years and years before i'm decent at it
>I don't want to be alive that far into the future

I wish I had started when I was 15 or something.
>>
In ten year's you'll be saying >I wish I was a motivated, hard worker ten years ago
>>
Just learn from filthy frank videos, bruh.
>>
Don't, nihon's glory days are over, and you would be seen as a dirty white weeb white anyway.
>>
why do all the nerds here think learning japanese is going to solve all their problems?
>>
>>28012236
So much this.

There is no bigger time waster than just sitting around thinking of all the time you wasted in the past and wished you had done more.
>>
>>28012212
I had started at about that age. A little younger. It's a worthless language anon. Not ugly but worthless.
>>
>>28012311
Newfag gtfo

Original
>>
>japanese
>hard
PFF
>>
>>28012212
If you don't enjoy languages in general to start regardless of age I'm not sure it's for you anyway.

I started a few years ago when I was about 26, I've made decent progress even though I've taken frequent long breaks from it and only really half-assed it most of the time.
>>
>>28012212
>it would take years and years before i'm decent at it
No, it'll take years to be native level fluent in it. If you put the time and effort into studying you could read and understand decently well in 1-2 years.
>>
>>28012212
Really the only time when learning a language comes easily and naturally is if you're around people speaking it when you're like 2-6 years old. Even as a teenager you're well into the period where you have to study hard and consciously think about every word for years, and no matter what you'll speak the second language with an accent.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.