[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to a concert tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: kuroki4.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kuroki4.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>dad bought me tickets to see my favorite band tomorrow
>haven't left the house besides therapy visits in a month
>seeing them would require driving an hour south
>parking in a parking garage
>being alone in a crowd of 1000+ people
>and walking alone down city streets at night to and from the venue
>don't know if I can function in that kind of environment
>but its my favorite band and the tickets are technically free
>conflicted

This is going to take all of my courage here. Do any of you have experience with concerts?
>>
It will be worth it. make sure u have ear plugs. What band is it?
>>
>>28008749
Amon Amarth. I'll have to drive up to the Fillmore to see them. They're playing with a few other bands that sound interesting.
>>
>>28008777
I usually go alone to concerts don't worry. Went with a friend once its better going alone.
>>
Take a benzo and man up. Don't add another thing to your long list of regrets.
>>
>>28008839
I probably needed to hear this sort of advice. I don't have benzos but I have hydroxyzine and buspirone. I figure I'll double down on those and make a go of it.
>>
>>28008710
Yes go to this concert, It's worth it.
>>
>>28008710
One day that band isnt going to be together and that will be it, see them while you can, same with your dad. Don't miss this dude, you will regret not going infinitely more than going, no matter what happens.
>>
I went to a concert once.

It is just as bad as you think it is. Thousands of people you don't know around you being loud and obnoxious as they dance to the music. You standing there trying to enjoy the music but feeling too uncomfortable around other people to truly enjoy it.

I ended up leaving after half an hour just because I lost all enthusiasm.
>>
File: 38146616_p0.jpg (531 KB, 1000x1411) Image search: [Google]
38146616_p0.jpg
531 KB, 1000x1411
Concert is a mistake
>>
I went to a concert in Chicago.

My advice is dont get a parking garage, park your car at a train station and take the train. It's cheaper and less stressful.
>>
>>28008710
Personally I'd be too paranoid about making my tinnitus worse.
>>
>>28008985
I've found at concerts you can always find a section where people aren't dancing.
>>
It's your favorite band, and it's also a gift from your father. He sees that as an opportunity to help you. You're not ganne meet people there anyway, except if YOU want to, and that's definitely not the case.

You will regret it if you miss your favorite band, and even more if you upset your dad when he's trying to be supportive.

Just find a seat, that's the best solution to avoid people. Or stay in a corner, that's fine too, a lot of people try to stay out of the crowd, you won't look retarded if you do the same.
>>
File: 1337986426701.gif (167 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1337986426701.gif
167 KB, 320x240
>>28008710
>Do any of you have experience with concerts?
No, I've never been to a concert and have no plans in doing so
>>
>>28008710
Go to the concert, also hug your dad and say "thank dad". Doing that will always cheer a parent up.
>>
>>28008777
Nice, Amon Amarth is great
>>
>>28009143
This. I realized it quite late, but parents (generally) simply wants their children to thank them.
>>
>>28008777
Duude you'll have fun don't worry about it. Show up a little bit after doors open so you don't end up standing in line. In my experience lines can add to anxiety. Once you're inside, grab a beer or something if you are old enough and you can just post up on a wall. Once the music starts you have nothing to worry about anymore.
>>28008828
Agreed. Going with someone makes me feel like I need to keep track of them and make sure they're not in trouble or something. I get too caught up in those feels that I don't enjoy the music as much.
>>
>>28009182
thats like the gayest kind of metal there is, up there with dragonforce in terms of lame ness.
>>
>>28009293
>I'm a metal elitist
pls anon some people like justin Beiber
Hate on those faggots, not others in the metal community
>>
yes it was fun

>went with some friends years ago
>cheer the band go into mosh pits

i went to see a band it was a small place. the band went on, i caught the guitar player's pic. i was happy.
>>
>>28009351
i dont even really like metal desu. only really shit like slayer because slayer is bad as fuck.
>>
File: GeorgeLopez.jpg (73 KB, 736x654) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLopez.jpg
73 KB, 736x654
>>28009385
fair enough desu senpatchi
>>
yes, going to new places is scary and my anxiety would go through the roof with all the people there, but once you sink into the crowd, lights turn off and the music starts it's actually fucking great
at least it was for me. i was always alone of course
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.