[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't want to talk to people who do anything other than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: why....gif (167 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
why....gif
167 KB, 500x376
I don't want to talk to people who do anything other than watch anime and play dwarf fortress. Let's have a thread for people who only do these two things.
>>
>>28005684
Played DF a long time ago in 06, didn't know what the fuck I was doing. I watched some videos of someone play it around 2011 or so, I felt like trying to learn how to play and try it again. Didn't work.
>>
File: kyokohammer.jpg (58 KB, 600x769) Image search: [Google]
kyokohammer.jpg
58 KB, 600x769
>>28005684
You best get back to your cage, slut.
>>
>>28005684
>>>/a/>>>
>>>/vg/dfg/>>>

fucking nerd
>>
File: 1000px-FlowchartDF.png (267 KB, 1000x922) Image search: [Google]
1000px-FlowchartDF.png
267 KB, 1000x922
>>28005716
Download the Lazy Newb Pack, watch the "Dwarf Fortress for New Players" tutorial series(only episodes 00-23 are really necessary and not even all of those), and observe the flow chart.

Then start watching lots of anime and we can be best friends in a secluded safe space.
>>
File: 1456364021170.png (145 KB, 934x896) Image search: [Google]
1456364021170.png
145 KB, 934x896
>Gunbuster
My comrade

I'm in need of another good mecha but I'm not sure where to go from here, Gundam's kind of staggering and I need characters to get attached to as well.
>>
File: Giant Gorg.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Giant Gorg.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>28005774
I've been enjoying Giant Gorg and Votoms lately, a couple of old-ass action series with some mecha. About halfway through each of them. I'm not too familiarized with the newer stuff, I always drop them towards the beginning.
>>
>>28005772
tks for that family matters, I'mma save that pic and screencap the post for reference if I ever try to get back in the game. But I'll never, ever start with anime, that's one thing I won't do.
>>
File: Griffis.png (532 KB, 500x834) Image search: [Google]
Griffis.png
532 KB, 500x834
>>28005852
I bet I could find an anime you would like. Just start with manime.

Everyone with a penis likes Berserk. It's a bunch of swords and people getting cut in half and medieval shit.
>>
>>28005684
I don't know what dwarf fortress is (I rarely play games, they don't bring pleasure to me) and neither do I watch anime anymore. It also doesn't bring me any pleasure. That's the case with me and media in general. I do want that spark to be ignited once again. I wonder what gets people like you to be motivated to do those things, and to especially have fun?
>>
>>28005937
I could see myself thinking some anime is okay, just not the super gay shit or loli waifu stuff. Like Jin-Roh, I've heard of it and seen bits of it here and there, that looked like something I could get into.

I like to bust chops on anime and people who like it, while shitposting here sometimes. But in all seriousness, I don't mind it, mostly just neutral about anime.
>>
>>28005949
I don't play any games that aren't DF for the same reason, they don't bring me pleasure.

What do you do if you don't have fun? Do you just exist in a perpetual state of neutrality or negativity?
>>
File: 1450037993739.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1450037993739.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>28006018
I'm not going to lie, these days most of what I watch is cute girls doing cute things, but I used to be in that boat where I only liked srs manime like Texhnolyze and LotGH and Berserk and such. It's a progression sort of thing. A downhill slope, or a "rabbit hole". You just keep falling further and further down until you love and accept being surrounded by cute girls screaming and being obnoxious.

Gunbuster is nice and easy for newbies. Only 6 episodes, lots of robots, aliens, explosions and nude women.
>>
>>28006027
>What do you do if you don't have fun?

For the most part I do what I'm obliged to do as a member of society and that's that, but I don't have any ambitions or things I want to achive, do or own in life. Other than that I browse the web all day in hopes of consuming something worthwhile. For the most part browsing imageboard

>Do you just exist in a perpetual state of neutrality or negativity?

The former, I try not to let negativity consume me again.
>>
>>28006205
I feel like doing some traveling might be a good way to consume some worthwhile material. Not as much seeing new things, but being pushed into a situation where you're meeting new people and experiencing a variety of perspectives on life. Hostels are nice, basically dorm-style hotels. Very social.

>I don't have any ambitions or things I want to achive, do or own in life
>own
Not even like, a tiger skin or an elephant tusk or a gold bar? What about like, a Terra Cotta warrior? A real one. Like, sitting in your living room. That wouldn't make you happy?
>>
>>28006272
>I feel like doing some traveling might be a good way to consume some worthwhile material.

Doing that once you actually have the time is a good thing I guess.

>Not as much seeing new things, but being pushed into a situation where you're meeting new people and experiencing a variety of perspectives on life. Hostels are nice, basically dorm-style hotels. Very social.

I don't really know about that. I have been to one Hostel and I disliked it a lot. The social side of things doesn't seem appealing at all to me.

>Not even like, a tiger skin or an elephant tusk

That's not really my thing, and I'm also not a collector of some sorts.

>or a gold bar?

I have jewelry's worth of a gold bar if that counts.

>Terra Cotta warrior

Not really. You could say owning one for yourself is appealing, but if no one else is going to see it, then it's not really worth it.
>>
>>28006491
I dunno. If I woke up every day and there was a terra cotta warrior in the corner of my room, I would feel pride in knowing I lived a life that made me capable of achieving such a feat.
>>
>>28005684
I'm just happy to see someone like you/me. Keep living the ghost life. I will.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.