[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we want to "escape" to this country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: 1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (17 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
17 KB, 1280x853
Many on here seems to be obsessed with moving to japan. why?
>>
File: 1458907328417.png (2 MB, 1221x1459) Image search: [Google]
1458907328417.png
2 MB, 1221x1459
>>28005495
I don't, gooktoons are good and all but that country would suck to live in
>>
Because of naive weeaboos who are consumed by Japanese video games, anime and food.
>>
It's one of the safest countrues in the world, the people are friendly and the food is gorgeous. That's all I've got.
>>
>>28005574
Literally this,

Whilst I will admit to having a touch of the yellow fever and a casual interest in anime and video games from Japan, I wouldn't move there unless someone really made it worth my while.

Everything is super expensive and you need to know the language or take a translator if you wanna go exploring out in the sticks.

I'd love to visit, but a permanent move does not interest me.
>>
File: 1310707172923.jpg (34 KB, 312x415) Image search: [Google]
1310707172923.jpg
34 KB, 312x415
>>28005495
I want to move to an Argentina without the capital controls.

>Brunettes with olive complexions everywhere
>People actually play soccer
>Beautiful weather
>Not Brazil
>>
File: 13930049401932.jpg (267 KB, 1400x680) Image search: [Google]
13930049401932.jpg
267 KB, 1400x680
>>28005495
to become charisma man of course.
also, check out r/hapas sometime ;).
>>
>>28005495
Because they spent their formative years watching all sorts of chinese cartoons.

Really Japan is one of the worst places for a robot and/or NEET. Japan is obsessed with work, so much that it overrides the basic biological impulse to procreate.

Most robots tend to emulate the worst aspects of Japanese culture with the whole Otaku/Hikikomori meme. Never the aspects of discipline and hard work and dedication to family and respecting one's elders and a strong emphasis on education and professional achievements.

They have enough weird shut-ins, they don't need foreigners do that as well.

>in b4 davido-kun
>>
Japan took over the entertainment business, it's all part of their plan for revenge over ww2
>>
File: 1460238278097.jpg (357 KB, 725x945) Image search: [Google]
1460238278097.jpg
357 KB, 725x945
I think people who actually enjoy Japan and want to live there are in the minority throughout most boards. Most people see Japan for the slave-driving shitheap it is.

Their 2D girls are cute and their vidya is good, though.
>>
Beats me. It's one of the most homogenous countries in the 1st world and they hate foreigners. Any non Japanese sticks out like a sore thumb. They're also pretty damn racist as a whole. They don't want us there generally speaking.
>>
I don't know about escaping there but I did travel there and it was pretty nice so I can see why some people would like to live there.
>>
>>28005717
Argentina is one of the blondest indo-European countries.
>>
>>28005574
>>28005652
For me I never got into anime until I turned 29 other than like mainstream dubbed series like Dragon Ball and Pokemon, and I didn't give a shit when I was a kid if a video game was American or Japanese.

I was still obsessed with Japan though because of their martial arts and overall culture. Things like zen gardens and the tea ceremony, obviously ninjas ans samurais, etc.

I don't really get the obsession with moeblob anime and touhous and waifu pillows and idols and all that.
>>
>>28005883
>trust me im white.jpg
>>
File: Screenshot (117).png (160 KB, 1160x637) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (117).png
160 KB, 1160x637
>>28005914
prepare for a bodyslam bitch
>>
>>28005815
>Japan took over the entertainment business
South Korea is way more popular than Japan nowadays in terms of entertainment.
>>
>>28005495
So I can become a monk and die alone like a fag I am.
>>
Blowjob bars.
>>
File: 1310930682187.jpg (74 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1310930682187.jpg
74 KB, 500x667
>>28005883
>>28005929
Are you trying to say that Argentina isn't chock-full of Latin brunettes?

>tfw family was too poor(lel Sicily) to emigrate to South America so they ended up in New York instead
>>
>>28005495
It's clean, safe and the culture is polite and considerate.
The food is nice and the city life is fun.
It's a great country and I plan on retiring to Japan in my old age.
>>
>>28005933
>>28005815

Depends on what kind of entertainment you're consuming.

k-pop kicked j-pop right in the dick for sure, but video games are still a Japanese market. There's no Korean Nintendo.

Movies are, eh, American.
>>
>>28005998
>>28005606
Okay well now I HAVE to post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk
>>
>>28005996
I live in Cordoba. I know more people with blonde hair and blue eyes than not. Maybe my part of Argentina is just more Germanicized than the others but the idea that all Argentine women are brunette or Latins isn't correct at all.
>>
>>28006022
j pop never really reached the popularity of k pop, at least not in the us
>>
>>28005495
>.svg.png
you... you monster
>>
I'm gonna stay in Tokyo a month in October probably, if I like it after my vacation there. Don't want to live there long term, only doing it becaue I don't have anything else to do.
>>
File: fixing good.jpg (5 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
fixing good.jpg
5 KB, 248x249
I wanted to work for the companies that made the games I played when I was a kid
>97' 9 years old
>Love mario as a kid and drawing
>dad brings me home the 1986 subbed mario movie on vhs
>I instantly fall in love with this type of animation and I constantly rent
videos of the anime that was available then, "anpanman,doraemon,Kyatto Ninden Teyandee"
>start playing more rpgs
>parents buy them because they encourage me to read
>01' , begin to learn Japanese
>no weeaboo shame because no one in my area even heard of such things
>06' first year of college, I see weeaboos for the first time and I am horrified
> I vow never to be like them and keep up my pursuits\
>teachers say I will never work in japan, the usual bullshit
>10' graduate college and get hired by a production studio
> work for a couple years and get laid off in 14"
>go to a networking event and some Japanese fellows from a major studio refer me to their US office
>get hired
>Now I currently work at their US office making character models and I am often make business trips to Japan and work with the staff there

Bottom line is
Anime and games shaped my life and set me on a good career path.
Don't let bullshit weeaboos or naysayers sway you in any direction.

Why do I want to escape to there?
Simple, my art work is more appreciated their than here.
>>
>>28005495
Well, try visiting them once, and you'll see why. The whole country is very much like vaporwave lol
>>
>>28006022
I was referring to the kind of entertainment the majority of people consume, which is music and TV shows. Japanese video games are mostly a niche market (despite some franchises being very popular). Also chances are that you'll find 10 people who know Korean dramas for every 1 person who knows Japanese ones, which is thanks to K-pop of course.
>>
>>28006074
Well j-pop came first, and was sort of a mild curiosity in the US and could have gained more popularity, but then k-pop showed up with its dancing whores and it was as if j-pop never existed in the first place.

k-pop is a lot more americanized. Not only in its music but also in the slutty dance moves and slutty fashion, while j-pop with its idol system keeps everything innocent and burikko.
>>
>>28005883

>Argentina
>white

I am shocked that this comment was not original
>>
>>28005883
Indo european are Iranians, Argentina is Latin American
>>
>>28006250
yeah but you'll find more people who know naruto/one piece/dbz than who know k dramas
literally every guy under 30 has watched one of those shows
>>
>>28005495
I'm not 'obsessed with moving to Japan", but I would love to visit one of their historic cities, such as Kyoto one day.

What's wrong with that? Japan has awesome history, and interesting culture.
>>
>>28005606
>>28005998
>>28006246

Weebshits die
>>
>>28006318
Wow you're originally retarded.
>>
>>28006250
>kind of entertainment the majority of people consume, which is music and TV shows

Which is almost all American. Neither one of them took any entertainment medium on a global scale.

The only thing where once country has the edge over another is definitely video games though. Every household that has video games either has one Japanese console or one Japanese game, not a whole lot of Korean ones.
>>
I don't really see what's interesting about Japan's culture beyond cute stuff and food...
>>
I really like takoyaki. Its kind of hard to come by in the west.
>>
>>28005495
because I like islands and bamboo forests and eating fish
plus it seems like people won't fuck with me there
>>
>>28006328
Fine, but I'm not talking about anime.

>>28006389
>Which is almost all American. Neither one of them took any entertainment medium on a global scale.
Korean media is a global phenomenon by now. It's not on par with American media of course, but still way more popular than Japanese media which usually only people with existing interest in Japan get exposed to.
>>
File: 1447538489518.jpg (308 KB, 1486x1010) Image search: [Google]
1447538489518.jpg
308 KB, 1486x1010
I listen to a lot of Japanese music and watch occasional anime.

I want to spend a few years abroad before I settle down in my home country, I don't really have much interest in other cultures so with the above in mind, Japan sounds pretty cool.

Learning another language is something I've always wanted to do and most of the Japanese bands I like don't go worldwide.

Japan is also interesting because it's like an alien world compared to us, there's a sense of excitement jumping into that.
>>
>>28005495
People hate them in their own country and think that people won't hate them over there, when in reality, Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries on earth.

Actually, i think it's half because of ANIMU and being a nerd and social outcast is SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE and maybe because people are more reserved over there?
>>
I've visited Japan a few times, and I really enjoy it. The people are friendly to tourists, the food and nightlife are great, and I'll admit that it's fun to feel like a super-tall Chad once in a while. I don't think I'd want to live there long-term, though.

I'd be more than happy to have a job that involved going over there once or twice a year (a few friends have situations like that), or if I was super rich I'd have a vacation apartment in Tokyo and go over there for a week or two every couple of months.

>>28006413
Yeah, this is true, especially if you want the really good kind. Pretty much the only time you can find it, even in LA, is during Japanese culture events.
>>
>>28006381
Nah you take that title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_migrations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Americans

Some unsourced map means nothing
>>
>>28006414
> people won't fuck with me there
You do know it's Japan aka the most xenophobic country in the world
>>
>>28005495
I don't think I could move there. I like guns too much. I do have a qt as fuck penpal living there though.
>>
>>28006506
>Korean media is a global phenomenon by now

eh no, outside of Le Gangman Style XD and dancing whores, no one really cares Korean media
>>
Japan is the comfiest country in the world because they didn't fall for the liberal individulism meme like the other european powers. As a result of this it's an actually nice place with good manners, it's clean and there's good infrastructure and public services.
>>
>>28006835
That's still a lot of people. Everyone knows Gangnam Style, and that song also made Korean entertainment rather mainstream in many countries. Japanese entertainment is and will always be less popular outside of Japan. Their music industry doesn't give a fuck about international fans, while in Korea you have the government pushing for cultural exports as means of PR.

I don't understand what's the arguing for when it's a fact that the K-wave is a worldwide phenomenon. I'm saying this as an ex-weeaboo who still prefers Japan in every aspect.
>>
My main reason is because how safe it is over there. According to people who I know that have lived there, you could walk around in the middle of the night and you wont get jumped or assaulted. Or you could live your wallet in the middle of Tokyo and nobody will steal it.

Sounds too crazy to be true but I'd love to live in a place that is that safe.
>>
File: youcant.jpg (20 KB, 229x173) Image search: [Google]
youcant.jpg
20 KB, 229x173
most people wont get there.

To get there you need 2 easy things that people on r9k just cant do

You need a 4 year college degree

And some kind of TESL certification.

It's really not that hard to get, but thats exactly why r9k cant move to japan.
>>
I know a guy that lives in Japan. I envy him so much for it and I think about it daily, while I bet I dont even pass through his mind ever. Pretty pathetic really.

But he's just another english teacher over there so eh..
>>
>>28007045
I think most people just fantasize about living there. Many people on this board can't move to Japan not because of the reasons you listed, but because they are so dependent on their families (and social welfare in some cases) that they barely make it in their home country. Someone who spends his free time wanking to cartoon characters in his room and shitposting on a Taiwanese kite flying board can't just pack a bag and move to Japan.
>>
I live there for a year. I want to go back.
>>
>>28005495
>we

let weeaboos speak for themselves. I'd love to visit some day but Japan is not a utopia to escape to
>>
Seems like an interesting place to visit, but I probably couldn't hack it living there. I still live with my parents and am somewhat dependent on them (i got a job now though), so packing my shit and going to another country where I have no one to help me out as scary as shit. It doesn't help that the culture there, with even more emphasis on conformity and hard work than where I am, would probably not tolerate unskilled foreign autists in the workforce.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
Japan is top-tier society.
As an East Asian and big weeaboo I'd blend in fine, so that doesn't concern me.
I've been there a few times and living there would be like a dream (if you can afford it), aside from rush hour on the subway and trains.

The culture is great. Both traditional and popular culture. Get tired of modern Tokyo? Head over to Kyoto or Nikko for a break and stay at a /comfy/ onsen-ryokan. Celebrate spring with the prettiest flowers and festivals. Watch the newest anime, read the newest manga, and pick up tons of things for your dirty weeb needs quickly without paying for shitty int. shipping each time.
And there are so many niches that the modern generation of JP have -- maid/butler cafes, hosts, etc. -- you'd have to try it out. I also like how the nipponese are so open with fashion around in the tokyo area (in b4 cgl).

the food is good and the majority of girls especially around tokyo are cute.

JK KOREA IS BETTER
>>
>>28006710
Indo-European is a language family

Argentines speak Spanish

Spanish is an Indo-European language.

Argentines are descended from genetically Indo-European people from Europe

fuck me I encounter the dumbest fucks on this site
>>
>>28007337
>(and social welfare in some cases)
that'd be me

welp

guess im going to spent the rest of my life as a kv neet on bux. id love to be some white chad in asia but im a shy kv and did i mention ive been neet for like 5 years now

>tfw im not in japan RIGHT NOW slaying delicious untouched j-girls because the average japanese guy is almost as big of a beta as i am

to cope i cant stop reading about doomsday sceneries about super intelligent ai

its the only reason i have left to live, the chance to maybe see robot kill everyone
>>
File: heavytankno6.jpg (247 KB, 667x336) Image search: [Google]
heavytankno6.jpg
247 KB, 667x336
>>28005495
its a cool country
>>
>>28005495
I don't like Elevens but my talent are appropriate there or South Gook.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.