[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>clean myself up and go to temp office >give them my resume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 782x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 782x666
>clean myself up and go to temp office
>give them my resume
>didn't lie about anything on it because I really didn't wanna be put in some position where I don't know shit and have to ask everyone for help
>"so I see that...you never completed schooling past high school"
>start sweating
>"and for your skills, you put down 'very good with the internet', huh?"
>start sweating profusely
>h-heh yeah
>"and uh, im not seeing any experience listing here..."
>sweat stains are now visible under my armpits
>uh well yknow
>"well look anon, why don't you head home and we'll uh, contact you when we find something"
>y-you too
>run out of there
>>
>>28004661
You need to lie, anon. Most of your competition is.
>>
>>28004661
>very good with the internet
That's not a very good way to put it. A list of software you know how to use would be better, even if it has nothing to do with the job. Even if the recruiter has no idea what the software is, they'll assume you're good with computers.
>>
>>28004661
Thanks your post gave me a hearty chuckle. But hey, you took the first step to getting a job. Suck it up and work your weigh through the job. You'll eventually look back on this and laugh at your autismo neet status.
>>
File: 1419064791797.jpg (93 KB, 588x473) Image search: [Google]
1419064791797.jpg
93 KB, 588x473
>"and uh, im not seeing any experience listing here..."
>>
>>28004706
Not OP, but can't lying on your resume land you in deep trouble? What if they decide to follow it up and contact the company you "worked" for?
>>
lol

i graduated with honors from a 4 year university (a fairly rigorous one, actually), worked a couple of office jobs through high school/college, have a number of marketable skills and have done some reasonably impressive things

and yet i have received a call back from absolutely zero places. not even receptionist jobs are interested in me.

being a neet is not fun at all. i spend every day feeling like more and more of a failure.
>>
>>28004661
Jesus Op, I get that you didn't wanna lie and end up in hot water and shit, but you could of atleast stretched your stuff out a bit like >>28004775 said
>>
>tfw 21, no work experience, too socially anxious to even acquire a job
I don't know what to do, my anxiety leaves me nearly unable to leave the house. Plus it has led to depression.
>>
>>28004836
Sometimes.
Most of the time, they don't bother to, as long as it seems believable, but when they do they don't actually do anything, they just drop your resume in the trash.
The only time you'll get in deep shit is if they hire you and then check up, that can land you in the unemployment line, or if the boss cares that much, in a lawsuit for fraudulent degrees, which can land you about a whopping $1000 fee depending on where you live
>>
>>28004836
Nothing. They just wouldn't. hire you.
>>
>>28004892
Have you specifically been going to the job offices, or have you tried with a temp service like OP?
Usually the temp service will get you a job faster because they have multiple ones to select through depending on your skills, as opposed to the single job you would've been aiming for with the actual company.
Most temp jobs end up becoming full time jobs too, so it's really a better option
>>
>>28004973
i have tried a couple of temp agencies, applied on-line, applied in-person to a few places

the temp people seemed baffled as to why i wasn't already employed immediately upon graduation
>>
>>28004963
well, if it's a job in a specific industry/area where you'd be applying for other, related jobs from similar companies, you can get fucked over

my mom runs a medical practice as the office manager and periodically hears from other practices re: people who lied about references, people who failed drug tests, etc. so she won't hire them either
>>
>>28004661
goddamn anon i hope this is a joke

post your resume. take out identifying information. "very good with the internet" is easy to spin into important IT skills. a lot of chucklefucks would be thrilled if you can go on wix.com and make them a website from some shitty template.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.