[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Klinefelter syndrome, also known as the XXY condition, is a term
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: klinefelter-syndrome_.jpg (28 KB, 233x350) Image search: [Google]
klinefelter-syndrome_.jpg
28 KB, 233x350
Klinefelter syndrome, also known as the XXY condition, is a term used to describe males who have an extra X chromosome in most of their cells. Instead of having the usual XY chromosome pattern that most males have, these men have an XXY pattern. Klinefelter syndrome is named after Dr. Henry Klinefelter, who first described a group of symptoms found in some men with the extra X chromosome. Even though all men with Klinefelter syndrome have the extra X chromosome, not every XXY male has all of those symptoms.

Because not every male with an XXY pattern has all the symptoms of Klinefelter syndrome, it is common to use the term XXY male to describe these men, or XXY condition to describe the symptoms.

Scientists believe the XXY condition is one of the most common chromosome abnormalities in humans. About one of every 500 males has an extra X chromosome, but many don't have any symptoms.

What are the symptoms of the XXY condition?

Not all males with the condition have the same symptoms or to the same degree. Symptoms depend on how many XXY cells a man has, how much testosterone is in his body, and his age when the condition is diagnosed. The XXY condition can affect three main areas of development 1) physical, 2) language, and 3) social.

Physical development
As babies, many XXY males have weak muscles and reduced strength. They may sit up, crawl, and walk later than other infants. After about age four, XXY males tend to be taller and may have less muscle control and coordination than other boys their age.

As XXY males enter puberty, they often don't make as much testosterone as other boys. This can lead to a taller, less muscular body, less facial and body hair, and broader hips than other boys. As teens, XXY males may have larger breasts, weaker bones, and a lower energy level than other boys.
>>
By adulthood, XXY males look similar to males without the condition, although they are often taller. They are also more likely than other men to have certain health and psychological problems, being more likely to be shy, less assertive and more suseptible to depression.
>>
>>28004245
Literally every symptom except small testes.
At least I have broad shoulders that make up for my wide hips...
>>
>>28004245
>>28004251
i already passed Developmental Genetics of Animals, but thanks anyway.
>>
Every time I see this I'm convinced I have this. Most of the symptoms I recognized in my own body long before I ever heard about the syndrome.

More evidence I am simply a broken, inferior being.
>>
Post a picture. In other words, why should we belive you?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (427 KB, 1545x1650) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
427 KB, 1545x1650
Does it look like I have it?
>>
>>28004497
I dunno man, can you zoom in some? i can barely see your chromosomes on that pic.
>>
>>28004288
>Literally every symptom except small testes.
>At least I have broad shoulders
then i guess you mean literally all but 2
>>
>>28004531
>gyno
>huge wide hips
>barely body hair

I have a little fat on my stomach too but it probably looks like my lovehandles are just fat. It's actually bone and sticks out really far.

I don't even know who to go to about it. I've had physicals and no GP ever said anything.
>>
>>28004497
I'd say get a karyotype, they're an easy test for XXY and not to complicated.
>>
>>28004582
your hips look pretty normal to me.
>>
>>28004609
impossible, that would ruin his convenient excuse
>>
>>28004582
You don't have it man
>>
>>28004245

a friend of mine has the other syndrome where they get an extra Y, dude is pretty big.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 344x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 344x400
Is OP the same guy I suggested KS to when he was concerned about low test? Anyway, it's easy think you have this (I did for the longest time) but if you have normal testes then it's very unlikely that you're actually XXY.
>>
>not doing your own karyotyping at home
>>
>>28004652
>censors balls
how do we even know if its normal
>>
>>28004636
XXY = robot syndrome
XYY = chad syndrome
>>
File: rate-my-klinefelters.jpg (238 KB, 636x1620) Image search: [Google]
rate-my-klinefelters.jpg
238 KB, 636x1620
What do you guys think? Could I have it?

Note this is after two months of working out at the gym four times a week. No joke.
>>
>>28004774
you're a regular guy with little chest hair tbhfam
>>
>>28004843
Thanks, that's reassuring to hear, but... don't my hips look awfully wide to you?
>>
Will testosteron supplements do any good?
>>
>>28004497
>>28004288
>>28004774

Not at all, you just have shit body structures, and small testes is the biggest sign
>>
>>28005446
>you just have shit body structures

Well. That's a relief.
>>
>>28005446
How big is a normal testicle? Please respond.
>>
>>28005983

A small egg

Maybe they have an exact measurement online, but if they're the size of small marbles you're fucked
>>
>>28006033
Mine might be twice the size of a normal-sized marble? Might I have it?
>>
>>28006033
>A small egg

EACH? There's no way mine are that big.

Although I have always thought mine look a little small.

Anyone else?
>>
>>28004774
theres no before picture so how the fuck would we know
>>
>>28006033
>A small egg
see this is a problem because people are going to read "small egg" and think "chicken egg" because that's probably the only egg they've seen in their entire life. (which is absolutely huge compared to a single human testicle)

if we're going by the "marble" refence, the game of marbles uses two types, a large and a small, the large is a 1 inch diameter sphere and the small is about half-inch diameter sphere... and a testicle isn't perfectly spherical, it's somewhat of an elipse, and also there's the skin and any fat or other structures around it.
>>
Obviously I am no expert, I am simply reusing what I was told when I was tested for it just recently.

He didn't believe I had it but I had a weird issue and he wanted to be thorough about it.

>>28004774

Well 2 months in the gym is nothing really, also impossible to tell without a before pic, just eat and lot and lift heavy, progress will come
>>
>>28004245
i think i have this

welp, I guess suicide isn't such a bad thing after all.

i don't feel so bad about making my family sad if they can't understand how bad this sucks.
>>
>>28004245
God I fucking hate these threads. They always manage to half convince me that I have Klinefelter syndrome even though I obviously don't.
>>
By "small balls" how small are we talking? like micro balls or just smaller than average?
>>
what kind of shill keeps making these threads
this is a meme disease
why does this keep getting posted
>>
>>28007414
Cause a lot of us probably have it

>The XXY condition can affect three main areas of development 1) physical, 2) language, and 3) social
>>
>>28006033
You should have said slightly smaller than a quail egg, which a pretty small
>>
>>28004251
>By adulthood, XXY males look similar to males without the condition, although they are often taller

What does this mean? All their symptoms just disappear as they become adults?
>>
File: eyyybb.jpg (75 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
eyyybb.jpg
75 KB, 630x472
you think I got it or nah?
>>
>>28006425
Same here. The thing that scares me is that the wide hips and depression check out, but i find refuge in the fact that i actually learned to walk at a really young age, am naturally muscular and dont have long limbs at all (if anything they're on the shorter side, probably just average).

Still makes me doubt my self as i do want to have children in the future
>>
>>28006033
Depends on what type of egg we're talking about here.
There's chicken eggs and then there's robin eggs. Though I don't know how one would "measure" a single testicle.
>>
>>28004288

same m8. I'm squatting and deadlifting more to fill in the gap between hips and shoulders but its not working
>>
File: body.png (599 KB, 407x718) Image search: [Google]
body.png
599 KB, 407x718
You'll cowards don't even know what Klinefelter's is
>>
File: 20160417_003011~2.jpg (1 MB, 1552x3917) Image search: [Google]
20160417_003011~2.jpg
1 MB, 1552x3917
Do I have klinefelters guys?
>>
>>28008555
FUCKING YES. but looks like normal balls
>>
>>28008555

No, you're just fat.

o
>>
>>28008312

Go on starting strength for a few months and you'll look good.
>>
File: 1459696585229.jpg (27 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1459696585229.jpg
27 KB, 499x499
When I was a teenager I got checked by a doctor for some other bullshit and he said that I might have Klinefelter's. Back then I checked some pictures online and didn't really care.

I never got tested, so I still don't know if I have it or not. Should I get tested? I'm scared.
>>
>>28008555
No because you have normal hair distribution
>>28008851
>lifting
no thanks.
>>
>>28008885

Ok then you useless sack of cum. Roast in r9k for eternity.
>>
>>28008951
nobody even said if i had klienfelters or not
>>
>>28008866
post pics

le original comment
>>
>>28008312
dude

you're the black me

fuck this, I'm so mad right now

I'm actually genetically fucked up

I'm the one who should be lobbying to use women's bathrooms

heh, fuck this world
>>
>>28009076
born faulty
is there a god?
>>
File: 1459937044129.jpg (69 KB, 447x453) Image search: [Google]
1459937044129.jpg
69 KB, 447x453
i always just thought i was skinny fat

god fucking damn it
>>
>>28008555
No. But you've probably eaten the worst diet imaginable your entire life and have royally fucked yourself up.
>>
>>28008555
Don't listen to: >>28008812
You don't have KF. You're just an awful type of fat.
>>
>>28009232
The ride never ends

original horror
>>
>>28004774
Nowhere fucking near, senpai.
>>
>>28004245
I thought I had this shit but my test levels came back normal. Turns out drinking beer every night and not leaving the house makes you look like that too.
>>
>>28009287
Not even his entire life, I was neet for a year and my body is similar to that as a result.
>>
Is there a way to diagnose this before the baby is born and abort it?
>>
>>28009563
yes

original commentario
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.