[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a former 4.0 gpa uni student who just failed all his classes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Used to have so much hope for the future man..
>>
What happened that you failed all exams? Depression?
>>
>>28003520
This
What did you do to fuck up so hard
>>
How far are you in uni? If it is your senior year and you just failed, I don't think that will even bring you below a 3.0.
>>
>>28002639
I'm in a similar boat. My car broke down on me and I had to stop going to my classes. I'm moving next semester so I can be closer to my classes
>>
>>28002639

>tfw failing all of my first year classes at UofM after having to put up with 4 years of torture in HS to get here

I'm burned out. I can't focus worth a shit either now. We can kill ourselves together, anon. Join me.
>>
>>28003520
>>28004526

It was a long process. First during a whole year i had some serious medical issues that fucked me up really badly ,i was a mental wreck afterwards

Then when the medical issues stopped,i had lost everything that allowed me to stand out+ i was extremely depressed. Wanted to take a semester off to get my shit back together,family didnt let me

Went to class,came home,browsed internrt non stop,i was bathing in escapism.When i wasnt escaping reality,i just felt like killing myself.Failed exams and dropped 3 classes. Eventually (in march) i got out of my depression

But procrastinating became an habit. I wanted to study and succeed but i just kept procrastinating non stop. "I'll start in 20 mins"...20 mins over and over again, weeks passed without anything getting done. Tried to block all access yo internet for a month but i just made me more thirsty

Last week i skipped to labs of class A to get ready for a 30% practical/oral "first aid" exam of class B. In the end,i never started studying for class B,had a huge famiky drama i was the center of an hour before the exam. In the end, i just didnt go. The final exam of class B is friday,i started studying but it's not worth it anymore

The place we do our class A labs changed today. Being late = not being there. If you miss 3 labs,you fail the lab

I changed for the worse. Used to easily study 10h per day. I was fucking disciplined,never studied less than 3 hours a day

Anyway i found a method to flawlessly get my work ethic back yesterday. Everything seems pointless now.Should have found it in march

Funny thing, even when i was extremely sick, i was 100x more strong willed than i am right now. I was a warrior during that period but it was impossible to keep up that much resilience for months.
>>
I feel ya man I was on the fast track now I just get high all day
>>
>>28005136
Oh yeah so i since i missed 2 labs last week and couldnt finde the lab's place today,i failed class A.
>>
I dunno if it's too late. But if you had any diagnoses on paper then you probably could have gotten drop for medical reasons.
>>
>>28005136
Boo hoo you have problems and now you shit the bed for it. Why do I care about your poor decisions again?
>>
>>28005136
>Anyway i found a method to flawlessly get my work ethic back yesterday.
Tell me please
>>
>>28005456
Don't care then.
I know that i'm making shitty decisions right now.I'm fucking mediocre right now That's why i knew i needed time off to get my shit together because i wasn't like this before.

Tbh, before all that shit,i didnt understand how people could just "procrastinate" endlessly and lose so much time. Even when i felt like absolute shit,i still studied like crazy. Shit fucked me up hardcore,everything about me changed for the worst.

>>28005493
Install focusme

You can restrict all internet access except for some sites you want to whitelist (i whitelisted rainymood and 8tracks). I also made sure to have 30min of free internet access at 12 am, 4 pm and free internet access from 8pm to 10 everyday
>>
>>28005405
I didnt have any medical issue this semester. It's just the aftermath of 1 year that wrecked the shit out of me

So no,taking a semester off or getting my shit together early march would have saved me.

Had to rebuild myself from scratch (i was a complete wreck in january) while fighting a massive depression. I studied and aced exams during depression in the past but this was too much.

So yeah,nothing can do about this semester.
>>
>>28004639
Did you explain it? Did you go to exams?
>>
>>28005683
>Install focusme
Thanks, I will try this

If this doesnt work then I will probably just kill myself. Procrastinating ruined my life desu
>>
>>28006317
How? Like me?
>>
How did this happen? I was high in amphetamines and drunk for most of my junior and senior years and I still graduated from Cornell without failig a class..
>>
File: 1431890836992.jpg (206 KB, 656x788) Image search: [Google]
1431890836992.jpg
206 KB, 656x788
>>28002639
Went through something similar.

Didn't fail everything, but spent most of my days in a haze of procrastination. Found I couldn't handle stress, was just an all-around wreck.

Like you, I found a way to get my work ethic back, and mainly it revolves around not being on here for most of my day. Internet addiction can fuck you up if you're not careful.
>>
>>28006806
Depression + shit habits+ lack of belief into yourself+ other thinga= fuck up your academics

Shit man. Thinking about how i used to be adds salt to the wound. Anyway
>>
>>28005683

You don't discover if a method is flawless to get work ethic back in one day, wtf. As someone who is currently a 3.9~ GPA student in grad school, just do your fucking work, jfc.
>>
>>28005136
Don't worry. Same shit happened to me along with constant family issues. They just weren't for my success. They are always jealous and spiteful and I was counting on them for my tuition.
Now I'm getting hounded by a scholarship dep. For their tuition money back. A scholarship I didn't want because i didnt want the money to turn into a loan. But you know when your parents are so fucked up they don't give a Fuck unless it can be boasted about on facebook
>>
File: depressionfeels1.png (156 KB, 1338x955) Image search: [Google]
depressionfeels1.png
156 KB, 1338x955
>>28002639
Just thought that I should share this.

Stay strong anon.
>>
>>28007434
Thats bot what i meant

I meant a flawless method to stop falling in the same loop and to finally get my work ethic back.

I used to be the same. "You have some work ,you just fucking do it". Somehow, i just couldn't simply study anymore. Whatever i planned,i couldnt even stick to 10% of it anymore

I'm exactly sure how i went from someone super proactive to someone so weak-willed. Anyway man
>>
OP, I have no further advice to offer you. I suggested that you get a medical drop from your classes -- sometimes they're called "Incomplete" grades. If you got a note, especially from a psychiatrist saying: "Anon has been battling depression this semester, he should've dropped his classes earlier, but couldn't, pls help him if you can" -- that would go a long way to help you fix these failing grades. We're near the end of the academic calendar here, at least for US schools, so you have to move quickly if you want to try to fix the situation now.
>>
>>28008246
Thanks,i'll look at it. I believe we have that but the deadline was mid march. I still thought i was gonna get my shit back together "soon" at that moment.

I might be mistaken tho,ill still look at it,thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>28008653
Yeah if that doesn't pan out, then you can always repeat the classes and replace the failing grades -- unless they don't have this policy. Just cheer up, and get help if you need it, so it doesn't happen again -- it's really not the end of the world.
>>
>>28007833
Thanks,i'll save it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.