[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riot Training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 800x449
So I signed up to play as a rioter for O.O.P Riot Training tomorrow.
Found out you get to throw bricks at them.
Found out that I should expect to be grabbed, thrown down, hand cuffed and carried off when they catch me.
Found out someone broke their hand last year charging at an officer with a riot shield then punching it.
every one else who signed up is super /fit. How well long will I last?
>>
How long will I last? *
>>
That sounds fun.
How long you last depends less on you and more about how they deal with crowd control. If people stand back throwing shit they're probably just going to maintain a line like a shield wall if they know how to use them in a group. If people run at their lines and get through they'll probably get restrained pretty fast. If you get winded running up to the line with a bunch of people and they run away you'll probably get snagged.
did they say if they're going to be throwing diluted tear gas or mace or something? if they do expect you'll get hit with that then they'll wait a bit for everyone to calm down and start gathering them up. Otherwise they'll probably just wait till people tire themselves out and pick off whoever they can grab.
>>
>>28002013
>helping the system train to fight protestors

Whore.
>>
>>28002197
You sound dumb. If the system didn't work you'd be fucked on your own.
>>
>>28002181
I was watching videos on how the O.O.P handles crowds and they go full medieval on their asses. They would make it look like they are just holding the line. Then would step to their sides and the officers behind the front line race out and charge the crowd trying to grab anyone they can. Then the police line runs up and creates a new line in front of the officers who caught someone. So the people rioting lose some ground and officers gain some ground well maintaining a strong line.
>>
>>28002342
Cool I always wondered how that worked trying to nab someone and keep a line. Seems like their major objective is just keeping control of the area behind them and dealing with people in front mostly to make them disperse and not get past that area.
If you know to look for when they make gaps like that I would hang out near someone that looks tired and might get grabbed and try to sneak past a gap there then run around behind them and try to make a distraction.
>>
>>28002013
How much does it pay?
>>
>>28002013
Looks fun, record it for us
>>
>>28002407
altho if I were gonna try something like that I'd wear thicker clothes like jeans and a hoody and put on knee/elbow pads under it
>>
>>28002407
Yeah its intense. 50+ people signed up and i don't know how many officers there will be. I know my tactic is going to be stay behind the big tough guys who will want to be face to face with them and just book it as fast as i can the other way when i see the front line all make a move. From what i hear its exactly that. Riot police are trained to pretty much be a movable wall that is made to block off an area the size of a street. Make it so the people rioting can't move forward.
>>28002464
Its volunteering so nothing but how many people get to say they got to do something like this so i thought why not?
>>
>>28002616
It is taking every bone in my body not to dress up as a roman legionary for this.
>>28002532
I'm bringing my gopro and chest mount.
Need some heavy metal music for a good edit
>>
>>28002752
>Make it so the people rioting can't move forward.
Yeah buddy, training wise it's good if you can mess it up. When I do training stuff sometimes I learn a lot more when we make mistakes and have to redo stuff or fix some random error. I wouldn't try to run backward if they make a mistake and you can get pass go forward, you're going to get caught but it's exactly what they don't want to happen so it's about dragging it out and make getting caught a really big issue for them.
>>
>>28002857
I don't think taking a go pro to getting beaten up is a good idea,they might destroy it
>>
>>28002013
>O.O.P Riot Training

Object-Oriented Programming?

Damn, some people take this methodology shit too seriously.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.