[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any government agencies surveil you if they find out you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o02hk1b8mz1ro5myeo1_500.gif (831 KB, 495x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o02hk1b8mz1ro5myeo1_500.gif
831 KB, 495x278
Can any government agencies surveil you if they find out you are a NEET and suicidal? Will they track you to see what you're up to and prevent suicide?
>>
No you're not that important
>>
>>27996758

This, and also suicide is generally not illegal in first-world countries, so there would be no actual threat of a crime.
>>
You're probably in a few databases, but you don't matter enough to merit actual attention.
>>
>>27998295
>suicide is generally not illegal in first-world countries
it is you stupid cunt
that's why you can be forcibly institutionalized for attempting it
>>
>>27996750
no, they don't give a fuck, it's population control
to them.
ur just a social security number to be replaced by the next asshole turning 18 to get taxed.
u literally do not matter outside of tax revenue to the government.
>>
>>27998383
>it is you stupid cunt

Nope. It does vary by country and state/province, but generally in the Western world suicide is no longer illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation
>>
>>27998422
govt needs to keep up the illusion that they love you though

also suicide is the biggest "fuck-you" you can give to society

govt doesn't like it when you assert yourself this way
>>
>>27998435
so why is forced institutionalization still a thing?

if you can be legally restrained and detained for trying to do something, that thing is de facto illegal
>>
>>27998453
not remotely true.
they keep up the illusion that they care by throwing money at bullshit like commercials with phone numbers to call
it's a token gesture at best
government only cares about ur money
best way to fuck the government, is to get on disability, and drain the system for ur own desires
that's the best "fuck u" u could give
>>
>>27998481
>if you can be legally restrained and detained for trying to do something, that thing is de facto illegal

Nope. I don't know why you say things like this without checking them first.

There is no really good answer to the question you're posing. It's hypocrisy, and it compounds the existing hypocrisy of therapists pretending there is a straightforward solution to the social circumstances that cause a person to become suicidal in the first place.
>>
>>27998481
>so why is forced institutionalization still a thing?

I suppose I should say: The actual reason for this has to do with mental-health workers not wanting to be implicated in a person's death. It has little to do with actually helping the suicidal person, though of course normies feel good whenever they hear about a person's death being thwarted (even if that person is left to suffer as a consequence).
>>
>>27998555
i threatened to kill myself when i was 16, and my mom called the cops. they took me to the station and told me i had to be evaluated in the looney bin.
you're telling me i could've just fucking walked home without any issue?

>the question you're posing. it's hypocrisy, and it compounds the existing hypocrisy of therapists pretending there is a straightforward solution to the social circumstances that cause a person to become suicidal in the first place
nigga what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>27998623
>you're telling me i could've just fucking walked home without any issue?

Not necessarily. However they didn't charge you with a crime, did they.

>nigga what the fuck are you even talking about

Never mind; I've got my own axe to grind here.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.