[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I have to have a oneitis? why does it hurt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: YCkut5J.jpg (11 KB, 321x321) Image search: [Google]
YCkut5J.jpg
11 KB, 321x321
Why do I have to have a oneitis? why does it hurt?
>>
>>27995981
Anon it hurts because human beings take so god damn long to raise. Biology done addicted you to the other person it thinks is the parent to your offspring and now trying to get away is like trying to ditch heroin and cocaine and cigarettes at the same time

>tl;dr: your brain is cucking you
>>
>>27995981
Iktf op. I've been teary eyed due to my oneitis all night and how I've fucked up our relationship too many times.

What's your story my man?
>>
>>27996003
I've tried other girls but I still can't get over her

>>27996032
a girl in the same group of friends that i like. too scared to fuck things up
>>
>>27996090
Do you have any idea as to how she feels about you
>>
You have an idealized form of her pictured in your head.
>>
>>27995981
Dude, I've had the same oneitis for 16 years. Don't even go there until you've been as pathetic as I am for such an extended period.

It has honestly hampered my progress with other women because I've had opportunities fall in front of me and passed them up because it's still in the back of my mind that one day she might want to be with me.

Truly pathetic.
>>
>>27996090
You don't get it anon. You are literally addicted to her. Until you find another thing to get addicted to, she will be it; your craving, the monkey on your back.

Welcome to hell my friend.
>>
File: 1436575309578.png (19 KB, 286x256) Image search: [Google]
1436575309578.png
19 KB, 286x256
>tfw my therapist is my oneitis
>>
>>27996187
amicable at worst but could be nothing more than that
>>
>>27996259
infatuation isn't oneitis
>>
>my oneitis is the oneitis of other guys
>she sends me screenshots of their desperate attempts to be with her
>all this makes me scared to keep pursuing her because I don't want to be the same as those guys

I'm starting to think he strings along lots of guys at the same time making them all paranoid and needy so she can get max attention from all at the same time.
>>
>>27996262
>being this vague

How do you know it can be nothing more? Have you been rejected already?

If she's made it clear that nothing is going to happen and you've still got the oneitis then you need to distance yourself from her before you eventually become bitter/resentful and make everyone hate you.
>>
>>27996259
is she hot? got a photo?
>>
>>27996313
not really. we matched on tinder
>>
>>27996262
Pretty grim situation. How long have you known her?

>>27996289
My oneitis used to do the same shit. We'd be on FaceTime and she'd send me screenshots of guys from her university that would ask her out or hit on her. She'd make fun of them to me for awhile before moving on. I have a feeling I am now one of those guys.
>>
>>27996338
>Pretty grim situation. How long have you known her?
like 5 years
>>
>>27996250
>because I've had opportunities fall in front of me and passed them up because it's still in the back of my mind that one day she might want to be with me.
Not going for it in an attempt to make your oneitis jealous, if she don't you'll have a gf, it's foolproof.
>>
>>27996360
Funny you should say this. The closet I ever got was when I had a girlfriend and the two of them fucking loathed each other. They would constantly fight and seek my attention and I feel like if I had tried something at that point I would have had a chance with her. However, this maybe be me remembering things differently and I guess rationally I was in the best shape of my life and was getting a lot of female attention, was doing well in my career, had friends, a very optimistic future and wasn't the failure I've become.

That's honestly my problem. I'm so fucking unimpressive. Why would a girl like that ever want to be with the person I've become? God, I hate myself.
>>
>>27996336
Can't tell if you are trolling or just retarded.
>>
>>27996472
not trolling. how do I know she's not just being friendly. she takes ages to reply as well
>>
>>27996655
>how do I know she's not just being friendly

Maybe you should make a move and find out.
>>
>>27996655
>she takes ages to reply as well

That is all women as far as I can tell. Maybe it's a different experience for Chad.
>>
>>27996655
You have to play around with it. Playfully hint at shit during conversation and see her reaction.
>>
>>27996726
maybe

>>27996761
i got like 550+ matches so far and a lot reply fast and some even initiate

>>27996775
thanks anon
>>
I liked oneitis for seven, nearly eight, years. It really messed me up. Have you heard of limerence? Even if it's a bit of psuedopsych it still helped me come to terms with it and find ways to get over it. As of now, I think I may be over oneitis but now i'm just trying to control transference so I don't get to that state ever again. All the best Anon, I know it's a kind of cliche and over said but it's really about getting over the fear of rejection and just going for it because even if oneitis rejects you they will ultimately take it as a compliment, and now you have a start to get over them since they say they don't like you that way. Or they do like you back and then hey oneitis is yours.
>>
>>27996807
>i got like 550+ matches so far and a lot reply fast and some even initiate

I wouldn't have a clue about Tinder. 'm talking about text. Never tried Tinder. Too insecure about what a failure I am.
>>
Just imagine her shitting, OP. Does wonders to depedestalize her.
>>
>>27995981
Because you arent mature enough to play the game.
Ivebeen there anon.
>>
>tfw can turn my feelings for another person off like flicking a switch

I don't want to be able to do this.
>>
>>27996884
all that does is give me a boner.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.