[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Industrial revolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: pepelike.png (768 KB, 1280x1172) Image search: [Google]
pepelike.png
768 KB, 1280x1172
Who else wants the industrial revolution to be finally over so we can all just load up on super-drugs and live in ecstasy doing fuck all for an unnaturally long lifespan while robots toil in the fields to make shit for us?

I'm not talking about wagecucks vs neetcucks I'm talking about the day when a single minute a day of work is enough to support yourself comfortably.
>>
File: 1450610491264.jpg (65 KB, 494x849) Image search: [Google]
1450610491264.jpg
65 KB, 494x849
have you tried poppy seed tea? preddy gud bruh
>>
>>27994811
I have not, plz describe senpai
>>
>>27994796
We're early 4th industrial, not gonna end soon senpai, probably all gonna be dead before it ends.
>>
>>27994796

That's never going to happen. I studied economics in college and learned about the dynamics regarding employment and quality of life. Increases in capital only increase the benefit towards the owners of the technology, not society as a whole.

It's the reason we have supercomputers calculating the expansion of the universe while at the same time there are mexicans picking strawberries for your supermarket. The world will not give you what you don't earn, unless you're born into it.
>>
>>27994900
You learned about the dynamics of being cucked by your government.
What corner of the globe doesn't enjoy the benfits of the gasoline engine? What corner of the globe doesn't have some sort of electricity?

Technology is a rising tide that *eventually* raises all boats.
>>
>>27994923

Gas engines and electricity are things that create new jobs, allow people to be more efficient at their current jobs, and improve their lives outside of their jobs.

Robots that do the work for us only makes people lose their jobs.
>>
Yes, sadly it won't happen in our lifetime. I wish we could just find some unlimited source of alternative energy so only the people want to work have to work. Then I can sleep for as long as I want.
>>
>>27995014
luddite cuck confirmed

Robots replace unthinking manual jobs with thinking jobs. They still need supervision.
>>
>>27994923
>Technology is a rising tide that *eventually* raises all boats

And your mistake is thinking that there isn't a limit as to how much technology can raise up the base standard of living.

Do you know what happens when people are given a better standard of living? They breed. They breed until that benefit is completely gone because there are too many people and too few robots/electricity/gasoline/technology.

We could have ended starvation when the industrial revolution began but you know what happened instead? The population went from 1 billion to 7 billion and it's still rising. The technology that was designed to help feed 30 people in a village now has to feed 200.

You're hoping that one day robots will be invented but here's what will really happen. There will be some breakthrough and the population will spike again, and you'll share that robot with 18 other guys because there aren't enough resources.
>>
>>27995056

We only need so many supervisors Anon. All the people who used to do the manual labor need to go somewhere, and all of them can't be a supervisor.
>>
>>27994835
Poppy seed steeped in water that gives you an opiate buzz

Never tried it myself
>>
>>27994900
Nah we just have really shitty technology atm.
>>
>>27995070
probably true but they can fuck off to some other planet at some point whereupon its not our problem anymore
>>
>>27995070
>Do you know what happens when people are given a better standard of living? They breed.
But the populations of the developed nations are actually shrinking when the opposite should be happening according to you.
>>
>>27994811
>They gotta gun to they opp's Head Making him suck they dick
mmk what?
>>
>>27995245
I'm going to swallow my pride here and admit that I can't think of a good response to this.

It makes no sense to me why developed nations have shrinking populations though. It goes against one of the core motiffs in all organisms and species: more resources--->bigger population.

Maybe it does indicate that there's some hope for the future and that humans are different.
>>
>>27995437
Contraception I think. We don't have an innate need to breed so much as we have an innate need to fuck. For most of history we were pushing the upper bounds of what our available resources could handle simply as a side-effect of people fucking. Today people in Western countries can fuck as much as they like while producing no children. You can see the difference when comparing birthrates to places like Africa or religious communities where contraception is frowned upon.
>>
>>27995437
There's several reasons for that, one of them is that it's actually pretty hard to live well in the first world, compared to the third. You need to work long hours and spend a lot of time in education and if you get pregnant during that time, you are fucked into poverty. People also have many distractions that they can use instead of having children, until it is too late. There's also increasing insecurity in the job market. Many people can't settle down somewhere anymore, so they don't found families as often.
Combine that with shrinking wages and general pessimism about the future and you have many people who don't have children.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.