[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"relax anon nerds rule the world" >fast forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
>"relax anon nerds rule the world"
>fast forward a few years
>OP (me), is applying to be a plumber
>OP's highschool bully is going to college to be a biochemist, and apparently is "pretty smart"

This isn't funny
>>
>was a nerd in school
>going to become a dentist soon
I'll still probably kill myself, though.
>>
She probably meant 'people who do more than just give up' when she said 'nerds'.
>>
>>27994587
Dentist have the highest rates of suicide out if all professions.
>>
>>27994620
Probably because people who want to kill themselves become dentists.
>>
>>27994571

Yep. You just never know.

People who have a positive experience with life and never got shit on their formative years find lots of things easier. It's nice to ride on a wave of self-confidence. University is a whole new game. It helps drastically if you were raised in affluent, educated household. Thats what a professor told me once-- it helps to be vetted in by parents who also attended U

The different is, he never got pushed so hard that it broke his coping mechanisms and forced him to maladapt.

If it makes you feel any better, mine is a truck-driver, and I'm an electrician, lol.
>>
File: 1460993867931s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460993867931s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
I was a straight a student all through school and in all honors classes. I am now a neet living off ssi and disability with no motivation to do anything. Feelsbadman
>>
File: 1460626775754.png (396 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1460626775754.png
396 KB, 540x540
>>27994672
have this and never save a thumbnail again you "straight a student"
>>
My bully is gonna be a loser working minimum wage, but so am I
>>
nerds do sort of still sit on top of the academic fields and any forefront of research and development. but those nerds were already publishing papers and working on projects at 17. you were what, playing video games like you were still 8 years old? that's not being a nerd. the reason why games were nerdy to begin with was that it was complex to code them and deal with early user interfaces. if you grew up on nintendo you weren't a nerd for liking mario, you were a regular faggot kid. if you collected rocks or stickers, you were just a mentally challenged kid. you were a nerd if you studied the shit out of everything and tried to compete in regional and national challenges.

as for literally everyone in the middle, yeah you had to grow up finding where you fit in. if you don't have a network of friends, even being a nerd won't help you.
>>
File: 9123857191090.png (426 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
9123857191090.png
426 KB, 680x680
>>27994727
Have this one, free of charge.
Original commento
>>
>tfw nerd who's about to sign a record deal, being a mixing engineer and compose music for tv shows
take that all you haters back in school, can't wait to turn down thots who didn't acknowledge my existance back then and they suddenly hop on my dick riight now
>>
>>27995238
That is fucking dope anon honestly I'm aspiring to be a mixing engineer myself don't have nearly enough money for the gear I want though I would like to produce a cohesive album before I try to get signed
>>
>>27994818

>Research slave
>Rule the world
>>
>>27994571
Biochemist?
He'll just be techy (research scientist) at some cancer company.
With shit pay.
I wish the Science pays well meme would go fuck off, because no it's not. Want money? be an accountant or some other finance related vocation
>>
File: 328519519024.png (441 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
328519519024.png
441 KB, 500x494
>>27994636
>hate life
>become dentist
>shitty kid comes in
>this won't hurt at all!
>make his mouth bleed
>kid flips his shit
>stop overreacting!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.