[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything you miss from the early 2000s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: win-xp.jpg (37 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
win-xp.jpg
37 KB, 650x300
Is there anything you miss from the early 2000s?
>>
being a happy child
>>
>>27992504
I had a.bad child times, I miss my friends who died in the military I made it they didnt
>>
>>27993462
being happy at all
>>
i was never a happy kid but i miss being ignorant. life is much worse than i ever imagined.
>>
The old runescape
>>
The sheer joy of being given even an hour on the internet. It was so precious back then, now everyone is on Facebook all the time.
>>
>>27992504
Diablo 2 and WarCraft 3 custom maps

The only time I ever enjoyed multiplayer. I was ignorant and happy for a few years.
>>
>>27992504
Only the 2 gf's I had
>>
I remember being 8 watching tv shows with high schoolers and thinking how grown up they seemed, and how exciting their lives must be.

Well, maybe that's the case for some high schoolers but it was not exciting at all for me (and obviously the surreal age gap goes away with age).

I wish I could be 8 again and still believe in some happy fictitious future.
>>
>>27992504
local store used to sell these Hawaiian punch candies
best of any candies i've ever had
>>
21 year old here.

I wasn't actually happy as a child, although I didn't always realize it.

It wasn't until I was in 9th grade and got sent to a literal sperg school that I realized what I had been missing.

No I don't think it was just being in a nurturing environment for the first time in my life, I really think that somehow my brain was wired in such a way where I couldn't feel happy, and then somehow that wiring changed around the time I was 13 (but the circumstances wouldn't be right until I was 14).
>>
There was still a lingering ska scene in the early 2000s in my area.

I kind of miss that.
>>
>>27992504
nope, it was very similar in misery level to today.
>>
My unbridled list for life.
>>
My autism wasn't fully developed pre age 11, do I actually had friends to play with.

I haven't had a friend in 15 years.

Feel sorry for me.
>>
>>27993741
This.

Occasionally I get these "flashbacks", where for brief moments I actually feel things the way I used to feel things, and remember how exciting/anxious/alive life was, for any given aspect.

I went so numb over the years, and these moments serve to remind me of what I'm missing. Life was so intense back then, and I didn't even realize it.

There are benefits to being a numbed up 28 year old, but I'd much rather be an anxious 12 year old again.
>>
I miss when online video games didn't have voice chat. Few did, and since a lot of people had slow connections it didn't get used much even when it was there. People didn't talk a lot at all during a round because you had to type.

Now you get normies bantering all over and 12yo kids yelling how eveyone's a faggot. Voice chat ruined public-server multiplayer.
>>
>>27992504
>Is there anything you miss from the early 2000s?

Life not being all about Internet, smartphones and social networks. It has been said fucktons of times before in these types of threads and I must agree with this.
If only for this, life was better back then
>>
Why do you keep reposting this Windows XP image and thread every fucking week
>>
>>27992504
Everything.

I was so happy then.
>>
>>27992504
yeah, not having crippling social anxiety and low self esteem
>>
I miss being able to connect with someone from the other side of the world, have a real relationship with them, visit them, travel together, make plans for the future, that sort of thing. Now you can't meet anyone anymore because unless you're living right next door to them they won't even bother.
>>
File: 1461132261830.png (266 KB, 479x361) Image search: [Google]
1461132261830.png
266 KB, 479x361
Hey fellow robots, do you miss the Internet back when it felt like an adventure - before it was ruined by SJWs, cucks, normies, and degeneracy? Older youth speak of the 90s as the time to be alive, but I say naught.

Us youth born between 1995-2000, we grew up in an era of digital pioneering, an era in which the internet, video games, the newest books, and the playground down the street all lived in complete harmony, none at the expense of the other.

Us tail-end millenials will always remember Youtube in the days of Shoes, Charlie the Unicorn, Fred, AVGN, Nostalgia critic, Scatman john, Mario 64 bloopers, Dr. Robotnik, Dr. Rabbit, Leeroy jenkins, Chad Warden, Rick astley, Zelda CD-i, Planet Unicorn Theme Song, Boxxie, and Bon qui qui, just to name a few.

Despite being ~5 when 2000 hit, we still got TONS of 90s toys, movies, music, games, TV show reruns, etc. that spilled over from 2000-2005.
Cartoons didn't start going to shit until we were ~10-11, so thankfully our childhood was nearly over by then and we spend the majority of it in the remnants of the golden age
We'll always remember laughing at the toddlers playing Webkinz while we thought we were so much better playing Club Penguin.
Runescape, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo - They all were pastimes.
When Linkin Park was cool to listen to, when the newest pop-Punk dominated our ears.
When Samurai jack, old Spongebob, Avatar, and Drake and Josh were shows of choice.
A world that had yet to be explored, a world that looked so fun and optimistic.

How I wish to experience that era all over again.
>>
>>27993932
Fuck, man. Just Jesus, fuck...
>>
>>27993932
I used to go to my friends house and stay up until 2 am with a few other friends, playing Halo 2 and Newgrounds flash games, listening to Basshunter and Linkin Park, drinking Mountain Dew.

It was a better time.
>>
>>27993932

Half the shit you mentioned is garbage. 90's were pretty shitty, though the internet was vastly better, I'll concede.
>>
>>27992504
As stupid as it all was, I miss the small online forums based around specific topics. Even the shitty mod politics
>>
It wasn't overrun by Normiebook or Twatter.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x1136
I miss being a boy.

I wish I had never gone through with the switch. Everyone said I'd regret it.

I wish I had listened.
>>
>>27993462
>>27993502
Oh, how the times change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbRQgrOnErc
>>
Hope for the future.
>>
>>27993594
Nothing will ever be better than WC3 custom maps. Spent countless hours playing them.
>>
>>27994301
Can.. Uh.. Can you not just roll the dick back up... Or whatever?

Also, get the fake tits taken out?
>>
>>27992504

PC gaming was in its golden age from about 98 to 06. Other than that, we have it better now. I'm 29 now, so I actually remember the early 2000s.
>>
i remember a time where there used to be no normies in the internet
>>
File: knowthatfeel.png (44 KB, 571x515) Image search: [Google]
knowthatfeel.png
44 KB, 571x515
>>27993817
Wow, this hits close to home.
>>
>>27994370
I second this.

What the hell happened to us?

I talk about it with other people, and they say "Oh yeah, I feel you bro. Well, childhood is carefree. Adulthood has more stress/responsibilities"

No, that's not it at all.
>>
>>27994315
What are some wc3 maps u played? I remember:

Dota (before it got popular)
Enfo
Angel arena
Dark deeds
Tower defense
Murder mystery
Summoners

Good times
>>
>>27992504
The twin towers and my brothers.
>>
>>27992504
Thinking I had some hope of success aslong as I worked hard.
>>
File: 1460941568644.jpg (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1460941568644.jpg
5 KB, 205x246
>>27993754
i do feel for you robot...
>>
File: download.jpg (21 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
21 KB, 268x268
>>27992504
my soul
ORIGIRU
>>
>>27994525
Not him but:
Dota
Enfos
Angel Arena
Gay Angel Arena
LoAP
All those ORPGs
Ice/Jungle Troll Tribes
Gem TD
All the other TD's
>>
>>27992504
Being a happy high schooler with friends and aspirations for a good life.
>>
>>27992504
my childhood wasn't great. but I miss the innocence.
>>
>>27994454
cucked by your internet addiction to be honest my dude
>>
I miss how things people didn't have labels for themselves to make them seem more like a special snowflake, the only time that happened was if someone else identified them as part of a subculture who wasn't, now you have people calling themselves all kind of shit, trans, cis, etc. To seem more important when it's really superficial and all they want to do is give themselves a big ego boost.
>>
>>27993519
You can still play that though. I also still own my old Windows XP computer.
>>
File: W0UoLmp.gif (57 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
W0UoLmp.gif
57 KB, 500x320
Hey I got a secret. Do you want to know? It is so good to hear it. Do you want me to tell you what it schwas? Ok Ill tell you what it schwas. I can count all the way to schfifty five
>>
>>27993594
Shit I remember the RP maps and life of a peasant and all that.
>>
>>27992504
playing half life and sims 2 without and end and not feeling guilty about it
>>
>>27994525
I played
Every Diplo
Life of a Peasant
Werewolf
Jurassic Park
Enfos
Footman Frenzy
SWAT
WWZ was my favorite
>>
>>27992504
My experience of time was very different.

A day could be amazing, it was a whole bunch of time. And I felt like I had an endless pool of those days. I could stand boring things because later there would be nice stuff, computer games or books.

Now I'm older (30+) and live alone and every morsel of time is precious. I "wasted" time as a kid but I remember it very fondly, just lying in the grass reading or doing fuck all, walking to railroad tracks to have my secret cigarette, looking at clouds, playing with the dog, that sort of shit.

Also I miss hope.

Despite my shitty childhood I believed things would get better. I had one girl back then that I had a massive crush on, her dad was super violent and I would be there for her, making plans about how I would find a job and a place and she could live with me. Summers were the best. I thought it would turn out ok, things will get better. I seriously believed that once adults got off out back we would be able to save ourselves.
Now I no longer believe that. Life used to be about escaping the external circumstances that made us suffer, now I still suffer but because I can't escape myself.
(As for her she moved out of town, and since I didn't know her last name and her first was super common I never found her).

Lastly I miss the outside. I was a book person so I wasn't hyper sociable but I was outside a lot more. I would be in the streets or rummaging around the playground not far. Now I rarely go outside anymore and apparently that is different, children don't play outside anymore. My sister has a kid and he barely ever leaves the house without supervision.
>>
I miss being 15 paying ragnarok online private servers.

I remember the badass feeling of just kind of sitting around and talking to people on the PvP maps. Usually a big group of 10 sitting around talking. Soon as someone went hostile and fucked with you more than a hit or two you get to shut him down swiftly. Everyone laughs when you 3 shot him. He instantly despawns in shame. Come back and tries again only to drop after a few hits... Or I just let them hit me and let some girl priest heal me while I stand still. Then when he gets mad about the healing, switched to her and I push his shit in while we laugh.

Eventually he learns his lesson, comes back, and just /sit's and talks to us.
>>
>>27992504
Being an absolute recluse and hacking code pretty much 24/7.
>>
>>27996967
Oh shit, I remember Ragnarok. Those were some good times.
>>
>>27996867
>and since I didn't know her last name
Nigga what. So you were always a beta eh?
>>
>>27997134
I was 13-14, give old autist me a break.
Also this was 1994, where you didn't have Facebook or even emails in some cases.
>>
>>27993530
This. There was even a point in my life where I had to go to the local library to use the internet, and you could only use it for 30 minutes at a time. The internet itself was mostly text with a few images (except of course on gaming websites) and that was just fine.
>>
>>27997162
>Also this was 1994, where you didn't have Facebook or even emails in some cases.
Yea I remember that time. That was when you asked people for their names or people told you, or you simply read it on their door bell panel when you visited them or on their mailbox.

I find it mind-boggling that you'd not know the family name of a girl you supposedly know much about and had a crush on.
>>
I miss the late 80s

>Exploit uni computers and their amazing connections to play the latest gaymes

>fucking with Ma Bell all the time

>trading rare text files on stuff you shouldn't know about

>no instant entertainment

>no normies
>>
>>27992504
>is there anything you miss from the early 2000s
Hope...
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.