[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/ Does anyone do graphic design here? Preferably on games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 284x177
Hey /r9k/
Does anyone do graphic design here? Preferably on games? If so, how much do you make and how hard was college? Would you recommend any other career? Is the demand high? I don't want to be a wagecuck, but I don't think I'm capable of doing a difficult job. I procrastinated choosing a job and college and I need to do something quick.
>>
>>27991583
Graphic design is one of the hardest fields to make a lot of money while it not being insanely hard.

They make you work bullshit hours and the majority of companies will cut you after all the assets have been built for the game.

What this means is you will spend a lifetime of job-hunting for the next company, and relocating and being unemployed.
There is tons of openings for underpaid graphic designers or people who need one for a project but can't pay you "unless the game is successful"
>>
>>27991772
This. If your parents are not wealthy, don't do it

>>27991583
You will work with asshole clients. The jon will be difficult, you will be unappreciated
>>
>>27991772
What would you recommend as a good field to go into, anon?
>>
>>27992180
Male Party Stripper.
Women feel obligated to have sex with you, give you blowjobs/etc in front of everyone.
It's not degrading as a male, if anything you get to brag about all the soon-to-be brides you fucked.

Completely serious btw, I'm training in the gym so I can become one, and I work in software right now.
>>
>>27992295
I would if I had a dick. Prostitution is degrading if you're a female.
>>
File: tumblr9gagREDDIT.png (132 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
tumblr9gagREDDIT.png
132 KB, 500x354
>>27992577
> implying you have dignity when you're a woman asking for advice from r9k.
>>
>>27991583
Want to make a furry visual novel with me? We'll make millions
>>
Do a programming. It's not hard. It really really isn't.
>math
Not really needed. Certainly not needed at work.
>but there's problem solving and I'm dumb
The problem solving of today is hardly anything.

[email protected]
I can help. I'm NEET, have a shit ton of time and really don't mind helping at all. I just need more responsibilities. So far people I help respect my time too much or too little. It's either 'write my homework for me' which is fine. If it's something I could convince myself you'd learn from. Or they just ask small questions that they could Google. Only one guy asked for me to tutor him after his course is done. That's kinda nice. I appreciate that.
Also accept questions regarding it as a career choice. I'm NEET as mentioned but I have family and friends that do this stuff.

I think graphic design could be a viable career. But it's like art. It's not easy to get anywhere. But ask 3DCG. They're far more likely to know about this.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.