[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frog & Feels Tavern - Back after Hiatus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: wojak_bartender.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
wojak_bartender.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Good evening, anons. Terminally ill bartender here. Come on in, have a drink or some snacks, enjoy the fireplace, and share some feels.
>>
File: 1438329448313.jpg (110 KB, 724x844) Image search: [Google]
1438329448313.jpg
110 KB, 724x844
>>27989944
It's been a few months since I've been active on here. Huntington's was it? Sucks man...

I'll have a scotch on the rocks and, hell, put a shot on my tab for you.
>>
>>27989985
That's what it is, anon. Doctors told me I'll live to see 25, though.

Here's some Johnny Walker for the price of the cheap stuff. I'll pour one for myself after closing time.
>>
>>27989944
Sorry to hear it, anontender. Glad to see you feel like doing god's work and keeping the Frog and Feels open till the end.

Let me get a ginger ale and rum. And a lime slice if you've got 'em.
>>
>>27990024
So you've a few years left then at the least?

Any bucket list goals you're looking to fulfill soon?
>>
>>27990083
Sure thing, anon. I like doing this; it feels good to help other anons with whatever they're going through.

>>27990114
I'm 24 now, anon. Dropped out of grad school in December. I'll be dead before Thanksgiving.
I knocked a few things off my bucked list with my father, like going scuba diving. There are some that won't get done, like getting to all 7 continents, but oh well.
>>
I have an exam tomorrow and if I fail it I'm going to drop out of college, it's the second time I'm taking this class.
>>
>>27990213
Is it required for your major? I might be able to point you to some resources if you haven't committed to lurking all night depending on the subject.

Want a drink?
>>
>>27990192
Good luck anon.
I don't know you, but you seem a pretty chill guy.
Next one I pour will be for you.
>>
>>27990276
No. No drink. I must study.

And yes this is required course for my major, I feel bad for wasting my parent's money.
>>
File: 1431397736905.jpg (29 KB, 360x720) Image search: [Google]
1431397736905.jpg
29 KB, 360x720
>>27990192
How often do you start the bar threads and at what time(s) usually? I want to come around and shoot the shit with you as much as possible.
>>
>>27990316
Thanks, anon.

>>27990318
What major is it? I spent some time as a TA so I might be able to help.

>>27990325
I don't do them too often, anon. Sometimes an assistant bartender makes a thread. When I make them, they start at around 9 or 10 Eastern time.

Can I get you anything?
>>
>>27990420
Pharmacy.

original post
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 229x343
>>27989944
Jack Daniels on the rock bartender.

Man, today was a good day. I finally felt good about myself and that made less lazy. Perhaps because I have accepted my fate and gave up on getting a GF
>>
>>27990457
Hmm. I minored in chemistry, but that's probably not much help. Best of luck, anon. 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine always helped me, but to each their own.

>>27990502
Here's some Jack, anon. False hope is truly the worst pain.
>>
Girl I was trying to date completely ghosted me after sounding interested and even wanted to meet me like wtf.
>>
>>27990546
False hope. I couldn't have said it better. I have always wanted to be that attractive guy who is loved by every girl and respected by every guy.

But recent events made me realize that I am simply not cut off to be even a normal guy, appearance wise and personality wise.

I have finally accepted that and gave up on girls and decided to dedicate my life to helping my parents because they are the only living beings that like me
>>
>>27989944
I was hoping things got better, barkeep. How have you been? Tell us everything.

I don't want to do heavy feels; my light hearted problem is that I just hung out with my normie coworkers over the weekend and when I got back we didn't acknowledge it.

Nothing weird happened, but I felt really embarrassed because I really had fun but I didn't feel like I should talk about it because they're practically strangers to me and maybe they regretted showing their drunk side to me.

My dad told me I was being socially retarded and that I made it awkward by refusing to say thanks for the other night. However, that same night I told them I wouldn't mention it because we were complete embarrassments, so I wasn't going to mention it in the office, but maybe I should have said something.

I wanted them to think about me again in the future if they want an extra person, but I don't think they will since I came off as standoffish. Did I really fuck up?
>>
i think im done drinking

not completely, just the whole sitting in front of my computer drinking vodka for hours.

tired of feeling like garbage every day (physically, mentally I still feel like garbage)
>>
>>27990711
Well, I went on a trip with my siblings, made sure my will was squared away (it's not much, but I want to make sure it stays with my family).

I'm still refusing treatment. Doctors told me I'll probably live to see my 25th birthday but that I'll be dead by Thanksgiving. I plan on going up to Isle Royale and spending my last hours in nature. I've always loved the woods and the lake.
>>
>>27990829
Why don't you want treatment?
>>
>>27990965
It costs a ton of money, and I don't want to spend my last days in a bed with tubes stuck in me.
>>
File: thanks .gif (496 KB, 435x248) Image search: [Google]
thanks .gif
496 KB, 435x248
>>27989944
Please OP or any one respond, I feel like you guys are the only people I cant talk to, also, A sam adams please

>Be me
>18 in 2014
>cousin just finished Basic training for the Marines or army, cant remember
>My fucking hero
>Fucking bought me a xbox one for graduation, which was a fucking big deal to me
>Told me we will play Madden 15 when he gets back from Afghanistan
>still summer
>2 weeks before july 4th
>Dad gets phone call from uncle
>takes a deep breath and just cries softly
>thought my grandparents died
>Ask him what happened
>"Your cousin was killed in Afghanistan in june"
>All he said
>one of the 25 US servicemen killed in Afghanistan in 2014
>Start puking and crying
>lay in bed until his funeral
>>
File: s2.jpg (109 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
s2.jpg
109 KB, 540x960
At least I tried right?

I'll have a whiskey and coke, please.
>>
>>27991007
damn, that feel.

This is going to sound like normie shit, but you gotta do the things he would want you to do (unless it's joining the military, fuck that).
>>
>>27991007
Here's a Sam Adams anon. Good choice, by the way.

I don't know how to relate, since I've never lost a close relative, but I'll be more than happy to listen and help you through this.

>>27991008
That's all we can ask for, anon. Here's your drink.
>>
>>27991008
Reply, "Nah, I can't be friends with someone I want to bang. See you"
>>
>>27991058
i considered dropping out and joining the marines, but I didnt want to waste the money for college. Still thinking about seeing if the Govt can pay for my college and ill serve 4 years. I dont really know what he would have wanted me to do sadly, He just always wanted me to be me
>>
File: 1459731615314.png (410 KB, 450x567) Image search: [Google]
1459731615314.png
410 KB, 450x567
Back from yesterday, barkeep. I have been redeemed, but now that I have I desire more than just forgiveness. I want a friendship, and perhaps a relationship. Tomorrow I will make a move, God help me, God help us. Thanks for lending me your ear.
>>
>>27991082
you have never lost a close relative? do you have plans for when it comes? Have you considered the military? Im just still so fucking confused dude. I just miss him so much
>>
>>27991140
I'll be dead before I lose any close relatives (barring an act of God, that is).

I won't make it to Thanksgiving, anon.
>>
>>27991156
May I ask, what disease you carry?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 597x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 597x590
Fuck my life. Fuck. My. Life.
>read about aphantasia
>discover thst I've never visualized anything
>I can't fucking imagine anything
>I always thought that stuff like "picture this" was just a metaphor
>other people can literally do stuff that I can't do for no fucking good reason

I'm honestly thinking about killing myself.
>>
>>27991178
Juvenile Huntington's. I was diagnosed in November.
>>
>>27991197
I read up on that just now, it says death occurs within 10 years. How long have you had this bartender?
Im so sorry
>>
>>27991264
Apparently for a while. I just thought I was clumsy, but apparently my nerves were deteriorating. I can't type very much without my hands getting shaky, so I usually use a speech-to-text program.
>>
>>27991197
I would hug you if I could.
>but I can't

Just a scotch please, and put the next drink on me
>>
>>27991288
Im so sorry, God Bless you. I wish enternal life and peace upon you and your family
>>
>>27991323
Here's a scotch, anon. I don't drink on the job, but I'll have one later.

>>27991329
I don't want eternal life, anon. Not like this. I'm dying this fall, and I'll be doing it in a place I love.
>>
>>27991346
Of course, I mean eternal life in the kingdom of heaven
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>>27991346
I-I'LL FIND A WAY DAMN IT

AND ILL MAKE IT CHEAP UNLIKE THAT JEW SKRELI

YOU WON'T DIE IN VAIN BARKEEP
>>
>>27991058
Depending on what branch you join and what job you choose the military isn't a bad choice. If you score well on the ASVAB you can pretty much choose whatever job you want. It's a steady course of income, free living, utilities, and meals. If you were to join the Air Force or Army, the physical standards you have to maintain are so lax that it almost doesn't seem right given that it's the military. As for your specific MOS hours will vary heavily. For example, I work 60 hours a week, sometimes more, rarely less. But the guys upstairs work a comfy 40 a week, and pay is salary based on rank so I make the exact same amount even though I work significantly harder. If you fuck up and break your new set of laws called the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), it is possible for you to be put on restriction, lose rank, not get paid for a certain amount of time, or whatever else your command sees fit. It's pretty much standard shit with some new rules thrown on top like disrespecting a NCO, SNCO, or officer. Or going UA or AWOL. It's a good time overall and you will essentially get paid to travel if you ever deploy, which deploying isn't always a bad thing, you can end up in japan, thailand, korea, australia, germany amd a bunch of other cool ass places. In fact you make extra money for being overseas, being married as well as if you have to be away from your spouse. On top of it all you get college credits depending on what training you've had. If you don't want to go to college, you can use it as an opprtunity to learn a skill or trade and have 4+ years of experience on entry level people trying to do the same job.
>>
>>27991603
dude, you ain't got to convince me, I'm too old to enlist and too crazy to get in even if I wanted to.

I'm saying he probably shouldn't enlist because of the emotions involved in his family dying in Afghanistan.
>>
>>27989944
I know a lot of robots will hate me for this, but I guess i'm having girl problems. I've known this girl for 2 years and recently gotten kind of close to, at least closest I've ever gotten to someone.

However, I feel as if she does not care, she doesn't text first, she's on/off with how much she'll text me, and she won't hangout outside of school no matter what. She says it's how she is, that she isn't social, she doesn't text people but I don't see that at all, and I can't tell if she is bullshitting me there.

The real problem is my feelings for her though, a few days after her breakup, I was going to ask her out, but she told me she got asked out, he was jealous seeing me with her but that I was "like a brother." I decided the only thing I could do was stop talking to her, avoid her, that she didn't really care about me at all, so what would it matter to her?

Unless she's toying with me, it does seem she cares, and I'm left with the predicament. I have some options that I see, pretend to be okay with being just friends with her, drop her completely, or confess to her and tell her I can't just be friends anymore.

I don't see any good solutions here, even if she's only been with the guy for 3 weeks, the "best" ending here is "oh broke up with him for you," but even that would leave me feeling guilty, I ruined a relationship much better than anything I could have out of selfishness. I could go through the pain of pretending, or I could drop her, now that I believe she cares about me at least somewhat, I realize I could hurt her, if she isn't just playing with me.

What do you think I should do? I really do like her, I don't want to drop her, but it's too painful to settle with friendship. Maybe I don't really like her if I can't be friends? I kind of broke out of my shell for her, and even gained other friends in the process. Maybe I'm just dependent on her because of that? I just don't know what to do, there is no winning.
>>
>>27991197
>Nerodegenerative diseases

oh fuck that's my greatest fear
>>
>>27989944
What was that Frogs & Feels music, like trip-hop that was on here before? I think about it occasionally but can't remember.
>>
File: 1454811054733.jpg (26 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1454811054733.jpg
26 KB, 399x388
>>27991742
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OUT OUT OUT NORMIE SCUM AND NORMIE GIRL PROBLEMS
>>
File: 1461037066491.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461037066491.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
I have my first real interview tomorrow. The recruiting me assures me that everything is going to be fine. If I fuck up I am going to be jobless in two weeks.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.