[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I make $28 an hour sitting on my computer at home designing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: m3NME9n.jpg (15 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
m3NME9n.jpg
15 KB, 500x498
>mfw I make $28 an hour sitting on my computer at home designing PCBs in my underwear
>no college degree or certification
>didn't even finish high school
>laugh at all the NEETS who despise wagecucks

Who else is /notsohumble/ here?
>>
what are pcbs?
>>
>>27989743

personalized cock balloons
>>
>>27989743
Printed Circuit Boards. The shit in your computer and phone
>>
Who buys them? Who do you work for?
>>
>>27989789
My sentiments exactly.
>>
i delivered a pizza to one of you people today

his office seemed comfy and he had a lot of circuit boards on display

seems like nice work, keep it up guy
>>
>>27989789
Depends on who wants to contract me out. It's been everywhere between a shitty little RF headset for some sketchy Chinese company to aerospace defence.
>>
>>27989779
how did you get into doing that?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 888x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 888x397
>>27989841
How did you get started and how much do you make, before taxes?
>>
preferred pcb color?

do you do multilayer pcb?

Do you even surface mount bro?
>>
>>27989703
>do hynotherapy over skype
>make around 100 dollars an hour depending on what needs doing
Really want to expand, but I'm working on my degree for more options as to what I can do. I want to do sports hypnosis and apply it to assfaggots but just don't have time for the training.
>>
>>27989824
Thanks guy, I will. Good pizza btw

>>27989849
I got curious how shit worked, decided to research some electrical engineering shit, learned how to use Altium Design and AutoCAD, and started to search for companies with small design-engineering departments that needed extra help for cheap.
>>
>>27989896
Mother fucking OG forest green

Depends on the design. You can get away with an RF antenna on only two layers, but a multi-phased switcher needs 6 for thermal and through ground vias

Surface mount and imbedded son
>>
>>27989971
Do you actually design the routing?
I have a hard time believing you can make an emi compilant design without any certification or knowledge
>>
>>27989864
~$1500 a paycheck if its hourly. It varies if its side work
>>
File: 5KKE7XY~2.jpg (10 KB, 369x185) Image search: [Google]
5KKE7XY~2.jpg
10 KB, 369x185
>>27990041
I do indeed route, without autorouter. Shit just fucks everything up. And I have the knowledge, just never needed the papers saying I know what I'm doing. I'll never need to now.
>>
>>27990091
Autorouting is a bitch indeed.
>>
>>27989841
That first thing is believable but how the fuck do you get a contract to do anything for aerospace defence without a whole slew of evaluation, security clearance, certification, etc as a degree-less 4chan nerd
>>
>>27990246
You'll know a bad designer when you see his differential pairs are autorouted the same as the clocks.
>>
>>27990334
By knowing the right people yo. That's business 101 man. Once you are capable of reading standards and not fucking them up, you're golden.
>>
>>27990334
AS 9100 and ISO 9001 is a good start for ITAR and EAR designs
>>
>>27990361
yeah, that sucks
>>
>>27989777
>personalized cock balloons
Trips confirm.
>>
>>27989703
I make $40/hr but I have to drive two fuckign hours a day to work

It sucks dick and hopefully I can work remote soon

Work at home jobs are the best. grats on your success
>>
>>27990863
It's true. I craft myself a huge assortment of women every night out of balloons. I love to tie them to my cock while I suffocate inside my balloon waifu.
>>
File: spoderhumpsalot.gif (433 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
spoderhumpsalot.gif
433 KB, 480x360
>>27989777
got mine the other day- works well
>>
>>27990898
Sounds like bay area commute, good job man. Don't die on the freeway, shit gets scary.
>>
File: 1459549885740.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459549885740.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>27989703
currently making $25 an hour doing remote IT support for a small out of state tourist attraction. Although I need a degree and worked there physically for a year when I told them I wanted to move they were desperate for help so they keep me on as the only remote employee.

Stay in my house with my doggo and leave maybe once a week to get food. No friends or family within 300 miles makes for a pretty depressing life though.
>>
OP I'm actually kind of interested in designing PCB's. School me up.
>>
>>27991070
Full time? That sounds like a sweet gig regardless of no one around you. I got everyone I could ever need here on...
>>
>>27991139
Yeah full time, benefits and a bit of overtime every few weeks. It's been pretty relaxed - maybe do about 2 hours of actual work a day.
>>
>>27991114
I'm not OP but, have you any knowledge about electricity and electronics? If so, you should learn a software for pcb design and read guides, recomendations and standards.
As how to get an actual job, well, idk
>>
>>27989703
please tell me how. i am getting knee deep in debt and it is very depressing.
>>
File: vrm.png (30 KB, 1102x788) Image search: [Google]
vrm.png
30 KB, 1102x788
>>27989703
get this haram pig out of my halal board.
>>
>>27991114
Prepare your school hole.

Learn a CAD software as best as you can. Pick an easy one that is used by most of the start-ups with no budget. Altium Design 14 is nice, especially since it has 3D integrated into it for when you need to showoff your shit. Any version of AutoCAD will get you places. Shit is basic and easy to learn, and if you dont want to steal it, it's cheap for a seat. If you want to go for the bigguns, Mentor Expedition 7.9.5 or VX is your shit. Expensive, old as fuck, and does everything you could ever need. Not so user friendly though.

Read the FUCK out of the free design courses that Rick Hartley publishes on the internet. The dude is a genius and an ass. If you ever get the chance, go to a panel with him. Lots of Indian fags will post YouTube tutorials on how to design a certain layout, like "how to fanout a BGA" or "how to have enough thermal ground". Most are shit you'll probably never need to know, but if you take notes about them it'll come in handy when you do need to. Look for free design webinars from colleges. CIT has a few that teach the living fuck out of schematics and basic electrical engineering.

There are fucking apps that tell you what a symbol means on a schematic (depending on what library standards). Learn them hard.

Cells are the little blocks that you put on the board. Cells are everything from resistors to connectors to quad flatpacks. Every reputable CAD software will use those, so learn how to place them and where to place them. Learning to read schematics comes in play here alot.

If anything, learn how to route. If you don't want to bother with layout design and learn all this shit, then focus on how to connect parts together witb traces. Some need to be a certain length, width, and on certain layers (most of the time signal layers). Fat fuck Indians route all day and make more than most people ever will.

And finally, find the right people. The layout design world is small, everyone knows each other.
>>
>>27991408

>>27991531<< read this, or start learning how to get rid of your gag reflex.
>>
>And finally, find the right people.

Oh. You should have just started with that.
>>
File: 1457058494931.png (191 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1457058494931.png
191 KB, 367x321
>mfw doing electrical engineering
>mfw op has my dream jobs without debt/school burden
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>27991649
You don't need to at first. Only autists need a foot in the door for them to get a job. You need to know the right people because they'll teach you everything you could possibly need for design. You know what's happening to the industry? There's barely any young fucks learning how to do this shit, because we're all busy playing with the tech that gets created by it. I've been doing this shit for 5 years now and I've seen maybe a dozen kids around.
>>
>>27991715
Git gud or git out.
>>
>>27991715
uni is a meme, sorry you fell for it
>>
>>27991715
Engineering degrees are a dime a dozen nowadays. Not price, but the fact there are so many. Get actual job experience and you'll stand right the fuck out on your resume. No one cares really if you went to school as long as you can do the do.
>>
>>27989703
>mfw I make more
On the other hand, I actually have to go to work. I wouldn't get anything done except copious masturbation and 4chan browsing if I worked from home though.
>>
>>27992080
The cubicle life is not worth living. Maybe if you have an office overlooking those cubicles, then that's sweet.
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>27991888
>skool is for fools
Trips don't lie
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.