[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies always try to act like anime is actually good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: asa.jpg (98 KB, 1256x704) Image search: [Google]
asa.jpg
98 KB, 1256x704
Why do normies always try to act like anime is actually good or "deep"?
I honestly haven't seen a single anime I would consider great or without major flaws, and this is coming from someone who watches anime all the time.
Anime is only good for escapism and fanservice, otherwise it's pretty much shit.
I'm at the point where I completely ignore recs and ratings and just download shit based on how attractive the girls look.
That usually ends up being a better gauge of how enjoyable the series actually is.
Any shows that take themselves seriously, or don't have any cute girls are always unwatchable dogshit.
>>
>>27988045
dude i cried watching gurren laggan
>>
watch pre 2000 anime

sdfgh
>>
>>27988104
Cowboy Bebop and Eva, which are probably the most popular pre 90s ones by far, are just OK and pretty hit or miss.
I also tried watching legend of galactic heroes and it was so fucking pretentious and dull that It wasn't even worth it.
>>
>>27988045
>I'm at the point where I completely ignore recs and ratings and just download shit based on how attractive the girls look.

Everyone does it, they just refuse to admit it. They don't love anime, they love how it makes their pp feel. Anime is incredibly stupid and if you don't feel like you have to dumb down to watch it then.. well.
>>
>>27988045
>Why do normies always try to act like anime is actually good or "deep"?
Normies despise anime and things related to it unless it's something they grew up with (e.g. Pokemon.)
>>
Find a single flaw in legend of the galactic heroes
>>
>>27988197
They look gay and people only watch it for muh aesthetics.
>>
>>27988163
I believe the problem is not that anime is bad but that you are an insufferable asshole incapable of enjoying anything with your hand out of your pants
>>
>>27988217
1. It looks standar for its time
2. The point of the anime is the plot

Have you even watched it?
>>
>>27988256
Stop pretending to enjoy it. We all know it's incredibly boring.
>>
>>27988177
>>27988228
There's nothing wrong with watching something just for sexual gratification.
Everybody does it, and it's just a matter of how much denial you're in.
>>
>>27988284
Oh, so OP is a retard. Makes sense.
>>
>>27988163
you are naming just 3 anime from decades worth of anime
You have plenty to discover, if you really are interested of course
>>
>>27988323
Yeah, because disliking something makes you a retard.
And not how I didn't say anything about normal movies being shit, it's just anime that is fucking trash when it tries to be serious.
>>
>>27988045
The pretentious fucks who watch hours of obscure anime they don't really like are worse. It's like some people finish these shitty cartoons only so they have something to brag and talk about with other weebs.
>>
>>27988045
Hey OP name a series that's not anime that doesn't have any major flaws and is great.
>>
File: 86273496.jpg (63 KB, 428x609) Image search: [Google]
86273496.jpg
63 KB, 428x609
I'll just Ieave this here...
>>
>>27989030
Monster is okay.
>>
File: 1459935505617.gif (229 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
1459935505617.gif
229 KB, 500x579
>Any shows that take themselves seriously, or don't have any cute girls are always unwatchable dogshit.
There are plenty of exceptions to this but I do agree with you to some extent.
Sometimes when anime takes itself to seriously it ends up being boring rather than interesting.
Lain is a good example of this though I do still like the show for what it is.
>>
>>27989172
Fuck off, lain, evangelion and berserk are the biggest examples of boring, unwatchable/unreadable shit that normies and robots alike think is "cool" or "deep"
>>
>>27988045
ghost in the shell stand alone complex was mostly alright.

>What separates the Stand Alone Complex from normal copycat behavior is that there is no real originator of the copied action, but merely a rumor or an illusion that supposedly performed the copied action. There may be real people who are labeled as the originator, but in reality, no one started the original behavior. Furthermore, in Stand Alone Complex, the facade just has to exist in the minds of the public. In other words, a potential copycat just has to believe the copied behavior happened from an originator - when it really did not. The result is an epidemic of copied behavior having a net effect of purpose. One could say that the Stand Alone Complex is mass hysteria over nothing - yet causing an overall change in social structure.
>>
>>27989227
On the other end you get shit so over the top and purposely ridiculous that it makes you roll your eyes over how juvenile it is.
>OPM, Jojo, trigger shit
>>
>>27989044
...Just okay?
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 318x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 318x463
Clearly you have not seen Air TV. Otherwise you would not be spouting such nonsense.
>>
>>27989349
OPM was surprisingly okay before the anime though, it was a retarded parody of marty stu protags and invincible heroes in general, but yeah i do agree with you on that, jojo in special drives me up the fucking wall, bad art where the men look like trannies and the women look like men in drag, bad plot, shitty names, shitty fighting (whoever thought of stands should be shot) and homoerotic undertones that make even legit faggots uncomfortable, what makes it worse for me is its popularity and how everyone cant stop fucking mentioning it EVERYWHERE, much like that retarded j indie tumblr game about the skeleton thingie that i dont even want to mention, fuck them all
>>
>>27988045
go watch a Shinichiro Watanabe show u weeb trash.
>>
Anime that are as good as TV and movies or better that I can think of off the top of my head:
Texhnolyze
Ghost In The Shell
Berserk
Serial Experiments Lain
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Spinning Penguindrum
Cowboy Bebop
Michiko to Hatchin
His and Her Circumstances
End of Evangelion
Jin-Roh
Patlabor
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Paranoia Agent
Beck
Spirited Away
Welcome to the NHK
>>
File: 1457064701441.png (223 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1457064701441.png
223 KB, 510x346
>>27989363
Yea.
I liked it, was a genuinely fun watch, but my dumb brain can't articulate a reason to go into hyper detail and enjoy it for the psychological aspects.

It's okay to people like me.
>>
ITT: anime elitists and weeb trash

no artistic value, no real depth, always predictable plots

is there any redeeming quality to this shit?
>>
I enjoying watching anime. I only watch a few series a year though. stop watching the shitty ones. yes we know the majority of anime is shit.
>>
>>27990760
yes, most anime is shit but there are exceptions like Gurren Lagon and Evangelion
>>
>>27990855
those two are fucking trash, even naruto filler is better

>muh deep badass animay

stay retarded america
>>
I'm completely new to anime and just started watching Death Note. What do you guys think of it?
>>
>>27990950
good starter anime. I am guessing you are on netflix? watch ajin after.
>>
the best serious anime I've watched is Planetes and it had wacky humor that didn't fit it at all.
>>
File: 144760598077.jpg (23 KB, 231x363) Image search: [Google]
144760598077.jpg
23 KB, 231x363
>>27991031
>"Where there is life, there is death... or is there? What would you do if you could never die? The possibilities are endless."
>>
A good romance in anime makes me tear up.

Probably because I'm lonely.
>>
>>27991031
Youtube, thanks anon ^^
>>
>>27988045
What are your thoughts on SAO? If we just don't count season 1 part 2.
>>
>>27991117
Eroge/visual novels are so much better. Anime romances always suck. 90% of the time they don't ever reach any sort of resolution, and the whole show ends up being a bunch of drama for fucking nothing.I can't tell you how many anime I've seen where they don't even get as far as a simple kiss.

Eroge on the other hand, always has a choice of multiple girls, not just one, story arcs are always resolved, and there's guaranteed kissing, sex, and maybe even more kinky shit depending on what you're reading. Plus the first person perspective really adds to the escapism and self-insertion fantasy. It's really a no-brainer which medium is better for romance stuff.
>>
>>27991124
welcome to nhk
neon genesis evangelion

watch those too
>>
>>27991077
imagine your life being relived over and over again for the rest of eternity.
>>
this shit has been pretty great so far
>>
>>27991190
SAO was cringe inducing and terrible all around. No idea how it ended up so goddamn popular.
KonoSuba was so much more enjoyable for a real life RPG kind of anime. There was more fun in a couple minutes of KonoSuba than the entirety of SAO.
>>
>>27991190
it has a boring MC, mary sue characters, predictable plot, overall unimpressive artstyle and animation
overall it's ok, but people here will connect it to the deviantart underage fujoshi crowd that worships it and normalfags will tell you it's great
it's neither, it's just ok
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.