[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is college the worst place for a robot to be? My depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
Is college the worst place for a robot to be?

My depression worsens by the day here.
>>
Yes, college is a fucking meme
Whether you go or not, you're gonna end up wagecucking for the rest of your life, so you might as well save yourself the time and money and just drop out
>>
Just tinder and bang some college girls bro. You'll feel better then
>>
>>27987583
This. Life is so much easier since I've dropped out.

I mean, I'm poor, but I was always going to be spiritually poor anyway.
>>
>>27987588
>Feeling like shit
>Can't go on Tinder cause my issues are regarding my gf
Having a gf is fucking hell, I want to tear my hair out, and at the same time I don't want to go back to being alone.
>>
>>27987564

>long ago college was a place that all nerds and social outcasts aspired to
>a place where most people would be similar to you and you'd finally be in an environment where you could thrive
>all that changed when the normies attacked
>now anyone can get into college with relative ease
>courses like "sports science" and "women's studies" means that there are chads and stacies everywhere
>they're actually beginning to outnumber us and change the institution into yet another environment where it's great to be an alpha.
>>
File: pepewhy.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
pepewhy.png
78 KB, 412x351
>>27987564
if you don't want to be a robot anymore, its the best place for you to be if you can muster to leave your room

or you can be like me, hide from the world and wind up a 32 year old living alone with no friends and no family wageslaving himself to death
>>
>>27987583
Fuck but now I'm already 6k in debt. I might as well transfer to a community college and get an associates degree instead.

>>27987588
I don't have the confidence to do that
>>
>>27987615
Fuck off to /adv/, fucking normie shit.
>>
>>27987629
It's even worse at higher tier unis. There are smart chads and stacies that are better than you in every way.
>>
>>27987564
Yes. Honestly.
I unironically believed college was a place EVERYBODY gets to have sex and that would get me to experience it. Especially since I got to college dorms with plenty of uni qts.

In reality, it's only girls who have plenty of sex and they all have it with a very small percentage of Chads who fuck them in turns.
>>
>>27987564
What is your goal anon? College is good if you have a good goal
>>
>>27987762
Those mystical people who have both looks and brains are actually just tryhards who do everything at 95 percent and nothing at 100
In my personal experience they tend to be overstrained and worse off than Robots, except they have nobody to complain/relate to like us so it turns into cold dysfunction
>>
>>27987651
>6k in debt
that's not really that much anon
>>
File: 1460956029496.png (12 KB, 688x773) Image search: [Google]
1460956029496.png
12 KB, 688x773
>>27987876
Just to get a degree and get a job that pays more than minimum wage really.

Not even sure what to major in.
>>
>>27987922
Ok well in that case I would recommend going to trade school.

College can get you a job that pays very well, but if you're just looking to pay the bills and have a little bit for hobbies, a trade is quick and ideal. Now keep in mind you'll need to be physical in your work.

Are you physically normal? No diseases affecting movement? Relatively strong?
>>
>>27987564
im havin fun at skewl, but im taking hands on shit to be a paramedic. besides the anatomy class its a lot of fun. i also wont make much money but oh well :). what is your future career goal OP?
>>
>accidentally reveal depression to classmate
>he calls me weak and tells me to get over it
If I was strong then I'd kill myself already
>>
>>27987583

Your looking in the wrong place for advice lad.

If you want to really question your decision of going to college, talk to Student Services. They'll guide you in the right direction other than the shithole /r9k/ will drive you into.
>>
>>27987990
Look at this jackass proffering advice like he's some sort of Doctor of labour.
Fuck off.
>>
>>27988057
Just trying to help. That's what op is asking you bitter twat
>>
>academia is the only place where you feel remotely comfortable
>too autistic to get to know professors so don't have anybody to give references for graduate level courses
aaaaaah
>>
>>27988085
You don't what you're talking about. Stop roleplaying on 4chan.
>>
File: 1436205427851.jpg (36 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1436205427851.jpg
36 KB, 300x360
>>27987564
>Stuck with a roommate for ANOTHER year

Honestly considering dropping out at this point.
>>
>>27988115
Then enlighten me oh wise one, what does a young man who is wasting his money on college do? Keep sitting in basic classes hoping the job fairy gives him a career idea?

Grow up
>>
>>27988147
Certainly not take advice from anonymous posters on an anime forum. Are you telling me to grow because I called you on your BSing?
>>
>>27988147
Different anon but I think op is still early in college, he has time to make up his mind. It's really too early to drop out t b h

Maybe if he was like 5 years in and didn't have a major I would agree with you but you just sound like an old man who thinks college is washed up and useless (spoiler: it's better than trade school)
>>
>>27988188
That's up to him if he takes it or not. I wasted my time in college, it's not for everyone. It's just a suggestion. And I didn't claim to be anything, so there is no bs to call me on, friend.

>>27988214
Just saying college isn't the only way to make a living.
>>
File: seal boys.jpg (22 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
seal boys.jpg
22 KB, 410x410
>Freshman
>1st Semester no friends
>2.9 GPA
>Straight A/A-
> D in math since my teacher was an old chink
> Want to transfer
> Apply to College my old friends are at
>Wait-Listed

I'm on track for a 3.8-4.0 this semester since I've been busting ass. Lexapro and Lithium make me sleepy as fuck which is why I got the D so I've been without my meds this semester. The anxiety of being wait-listed is killing me guys :(( I just want to try again.
>>
File: 1452285989498.jpg (85 KB, 804x802) Image search: [Google]
1452285989498.jpg
85 KB, 804x802
24 years old KHHV reporting in, been 5 years in college already in the EU.
Not sure about the US but most of the discomfort comes in the first years when there are still a shitload of normies who just behave like in high school and in general lots of people around you.
As many drop out or lag behind things get more comfortable, I usually seat in the last seats and I'm fine.
I came here with a couple of high school friends who helped me make some friends outside of class so I'm not friendless, but otherwise I only made a semi-friend in the 4th year after being the eternal loner myself. I'm pretty sure he is a robot himself, been a while since I saw him now though.

As for actual college matters, I kinda blasted though the first 4 years with no major problems when I still cared about it, now I can't be bothered anymore and I can't wait for it to be over, and I can see the results since I'm slowing down and might need an additional year.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.