[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does it actually get better? or do people just say that so you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12
File: 1450354855155.jpg (49 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450354855155.jpg
49 KB, 600x450
does it actually get better?

or do people just say that so you won't go crazy and kill yourself?
>>
>>27987325
Yea you just have to beeee yourself
>>
>>27987325
Normies just say it to appear nice, but they don't really mean it. Deep down they despise you and feel sorry for you.

Getting better is completely dependent on yourself and nobody else. If you stay inert, which is exactly what depression does, it never gets better.
>>
>>27987325
life is what you make it, meaning no external happiness
> its your choice to be happy its internal
thats life its not really special
>>
File: doom.jpg (340 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
340 KB, 1000x1000
No.
The only sure way to end human suffering is to end our race. We have to stop having children and start killing ourselves.
Unfortunately life is an addiction. We're hooked, and most people will put up with any amount of shit for a sweet, sweet hit of "good times".
We know it's not worth it, just like the junkies but we can't help ourselves. So I don't blame people for wanting to kill themselves and not being able to. But to those stronger men than us who have freely chosen death, I have the utmost respect and admiration for.
>>
For most people it will get better. Find a qt and get a job you like that pays well and it will. It can also get quite shit though.
>>
File: 1453945368579.png (119 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1453945368579.png
119 KB, 281x440
>>27987553
>Find a qt
>>
Your character is your destinNo. If you become a better person your life will become more enjoyable even if you are a hungry hobo with cancer that smells like piss. On the other hand if you become a bad person then you can be fucking a different bitch everyday while sailing in a yatch and still you will be miserable.

People say that things get better because we all strive for what is good to us, so given enough time everyone should understand themselves and realize what is in their hands to obtain happiness. It is not that good things happen in the future, but that the more you live, if you are willing to learn, the more wise you become. The wiser you become the more that is in your hands to make yourself happy
>>
File: 4788.png (59 KB, 525x488) Image search: [Google]
4788.png
59 KB, 525x488
>>27987553
found a qt

and she cheated on me. It didn't get better after I found a job, people their are immigrants that don't speak my language. I'm going to study politics and end this fucking sherade of globalism. we will breed nationalist patriots that strive for a singular European culture with no race mixing and no foreign influence from asia, isreal, slavs or negroes.

by the powers of kek I shall become the Gallant hero of white men
>>
File: CMwsd.jpg (254 KB, 963x1280) Image search: [Google]
CMwsd.jpg
254 KB, 963x1280
For some people, it does get better.

If you're going through a depressive episode, not chronic depression, it definitely will.

If your life is in a rough patch, it probably will.

If you have chronic depression it doesn't get better. However, people don't say this "so you won't go crazy and kill yourself" but because they can't comprehend it/don't want to/don't know that chronic depression is any different from depressive episodes, which are both lumped under the general term "depression". Notice how every single person who says "I got over my depression" and "I used to be depressed" had it for a relatively short period of time, i.e., months. None of these people have been depressed for years on end.

If you're one of the meme depressed people here who are """depressed""" just because they're a virgin/don't have a gf, it will get better once you achieve that.
>>
File: 1427596040615.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1427596040615.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
>>27987519
>we're hooked, and most people will put up with any amount of shit for a sweet, sweet hit of ''good times"
>>
>>27987325
No it will never be better. Happiness is only temporary. Sadness will always be there. For some people the small bits of happiness are enough. Maybe you can improve your life so that it isn't so bad, but it will never truly be good.
>>
>>27987325
It won't get better. You need to stick around to be the butt of the joke. Let people stomp on your balls.
>>
>>27987325
Absolutely not, you'll just continue "living" your life as an empty shell.
>>
>>27987325
I'm 32. it never gets better, I'm afraid. I don't know why I'm still here but it likely won't be for much longer
>>
>>27987325
they say it so you won't go crazy and kill them
>>
It gets better for some people. They're the lucky ones.
>>
>>27987325

Depends... better than what?

It does get better, if you can escape abusive family members, a war-torn country or something like that. It can get better, but it will never be good. At best you'll have food and shelter and work at a boring job everyday. No matter what you are still stuck in a meaningless world full of suffering, navigating a dangerous landscape where even if you are lucky enough to avoid hazards, your body will inevitably fall apart and you'll die.
>>
>>27988985
You are better. You are best. I declare you good.
>>
>>27987325

Objectively your life goes shittier, but because the amount of fucks given goes down over the years your subjective experience of it becomes slightly nicer. When you reach the magical level 30, everyone starts to have families and steady careers going, while you are doing basically same shit you did when you were 8, you start feeling your body breaking down and you realize for the first time in your life that the slow decline towards death has began, you feel less guilty about being manchild playing vidya and masturbating all day so you get back some enjoyment at least.
>>
>>27987325
It won't ever truly get better
There might be moments where things seem better then they are now, but ultimately, you will return to the state of feel you feel now.

Sorry bud, blame genetics and upbringing.
>>
>>27987325
Life is about perspective. If you think it's shit, it stays shit. If you start looking at things positively, they'll go positively. Let's say a guy is trying to sell a pair of shoes. He could get rejected over and over again. A negative man would think: fuck nobody wants them. While the positive guy could think: ok, one step closer to the one who will buy 'em. It's a matter of perspective
>>
>>27990217
>If you start looking at things positively, they'll go positively.
come ON, how do you post this stuff with a straight face
>>
>>27990217
Ah, the blind optimist.
>>
>>27987325
>>27989879
Speaking as a robot who just turned 30, I can confirm this to be quite accurate. It's the end of youth and the beginning of a long slide towards your death. It does not get very much better. In some ways it gets a lot worse, but it's when you begin learning to accept your fate. So yeah, basically it's a comfort for young people who still have a shot at a normal life and care about such things.
>>
>>27990294
normie/chad invasion
>>
File: 1460989416089.jpg (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1460989416089.jpg
148 KB, 640x480
I just got a huge scholarship and a job I wanted.
I thought I would be extremely happy, but I feel like poop still,

Man something is wrong with me, I need to die.
I wish lobotomies were still legal.
>>
>>27990299
>>27990294

It's a conscious choice. I could just whine about everything all day but I don't. It's just more pleasant and productive to be optimist. Also, chicks hate complainers.
>>
File: 1393111513287.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1393111513287.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>27987519
Good for you, anon.

original comment
>>
jUST Be yourself bro!! haah!!!!

No, it doesn't get better. I'm a 24 year old NEET and have been for 7 years.
>>
File: 1449370884031.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1449370884031.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>27987325
I always tell everyone it gets better OP, but I don't actually believe so myself. The more I think, the worse things get, so I tend to just try and go through the days as fast as possible now
>>
File: MDD.png (269 KB, 560x1088) Image search: [Google]
MDD.png
269 KB, 560x1088
>>27990516
You probably have some kind of depressive disorder.
Smoke some weed.
>>
>>27989879
haha that made me kek so hard
>>
>>27987519

very well put

most people seem to be too dumb to make the necessary calculation that the pain outweighs the pleasure, though. i guess i envy them that.
>>
neurological flaccidity increasing with age offers the illusion of improving experience but if you've a keen and resilient mind you're in for a world of shit
>>
>>27987325
si, amigo
>>
>>27990532
Sure thing Pangloss
>>
>>27992362
>le voltaire meme

the anon had a point tho, women hate complainers and negativity in men. girl want to have fun and feel like carefree little princesses and whatever dumb rape shit they secretly want. being negative and bitter is just gonna make their vags dry up
>>
File: JUST papa john my shit up.jpg (12 KB, 503x415) Image search: [Google]
JUST papa john my shit up.jpg
12 KB, 503x415
>>27991160
>tfw the 'not caused by a substance' bit makes me unsure if the depression causes my alcoholism or vice versa
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>27992461
Yeah, you've gotta be careful when mentioning something like that to a doctor if you want to get some kind of meds. They might try make you get help for the booze first before they'll give you anything.
I reckon in more cases people turn to the bottle after some kind of depressive episode starts, and then the alcoholism can probably make it worse in cases,
>>
>>27992461
Yeah, depression then booze is how I see it, but that could be the case too. Ironically I'm almost deathly terrified of getting real depression meds like SSRIs, it seems like all their side effects are awful. Inb4 alcohols are too, yeah I fucking know.
>>
>>27987519
I've fantasized of going full lelouch for a long time now
>>
File: welcome to hell.jpg (97 KB, 620x425) Image search: [Google]
welcome to hell.jpg
97 KB, 620x425
>>27992524
>>27992551
Wow fucked that up because surprise, it's 1am and I'm drunk. Point still stands though.
>>
>>27992551
Yeah I need to do my research into that stuff soon because I'm finally going to a doctor for the first time in over a decade.
And you're not wrong, I think alcohol is a bit more honest about what it does to you.
I was numbing myself with alcohol for a bit but it's too expensive for me and I nearly poisoned myself with it at one point, couldn't stop vomiting and now even the smell makes me feel sick.
I guess it's a good thing.
I got two ounces of free weed and I've been enjoying that much, much more desu.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.