[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R9K help me rediscover this island
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: kirkkoreika.png (580 KB, 687x752) Image search: [Google]
kirkkoreika.png
580 KB, 687x752
/trv/ is useless so far, so perhaps you robots can help. even though it's a named island, searching the name brings up nothing. it's off of finland's coast.
>>
>>27987193
What the fuck do you mean rediscover?
>>
>>27987224
This.
What do you even want OP?
You know its name, location,and even have a pic of it.
>>
>>27987224
i said that because i can't find any info about this island. it is as if it has been forgotten. also it's just a ridiculous title don't read into it so damn much.
>>
>>27987224
I think he means conquer it, like the Brits "discovered" America.
>>
>>27987241
i found the location on google earth and snipped it. i'm just interested in islands in cold areas. the idea of living alone in a cold area is appealing to me.
>>
>>27987298
You'll die out there. I am sure you the island doesn't have the fauna and flora to support human life or humans would probably already live there. A better choice might be an uninhabited island in the Hebrides.
>>
>>27987394
i didn't plan on picking a home based on a picture alone. it's just a starting point. speaking of which, have you found the island, or is that just a general rule of thumb for finland's islands?
>>
Google translator translates Kirkkoreika as Church Hole.

I just found this tidbit amusing.

>>27987298
>the idea of living alone in a cold area is appealing to me.

Living in frozen wastes is not easy, nor fun.
I mean, with enough money for supplies over the years, yeah could be worse I guess.
>>
>>27987436
I only assumed so since many of the islands in the Baltic are inhabited. I think the biggest problem of living on one of these islands is the access to fresh water. A place like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceann_Ear would be where I would go, since it has already supported people before but now is completely abandoned.
>>
>>27987193
>google it
thats kind of spoopy

neat find op
>>
File: 138577946989.png (168 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
138577946989.png
168 KB, 446x357
>>27987279
>brits discovered america
>>
>>27987605
/trv/ user found it using what i assume is finnish google maps. it goes by another name and is apparently used by fishers and is a touristy place in the summer: https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kallankarit
>>
i would if i was a northern european

alas i am not
>>
>>27987193

OP's image comes from just off the coast of WEST CENTRAL Finland, in the Gulf of Bothnia. It's about 80 miles southwest of Oulu, a major town I guess.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/kirkkoreika/@64.3152278,23.4644344,6368m/data=!3m1!1e3
>>
That fucking took me one minute to find, at least try before asking.
>>
>>27987688
thats pretty lackluster
>>
>>27987394
>I am sure you
Foreigners get the fuck out
>>
I'm sorry but at least try next time. Here is a tutorial of how I found it.
1. Go to google.com/maps
2.Type Findland kirrko in the search bar, at this point it recomends Kirkkoreika, Kalajoki, Finland
3.Click it
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 482x427
So I'm not the only one that does this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.