[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will a headshot from a .22 rifle kill me? I'm ready to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mxlldtBVDG1reiwpmo1_400.png (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxlldtBVDG1reiwpmo1_400.png
32 KB, 337x338
Will a headshot from a .22 rifle kill me?

I'm ready to be done but I dont wanna become a potato.
>>
I'd definitely go for a bigger caliber.

In the mouth severing your brain stem
>>
>>27987139
i dont have access to a higher caliber
>>
>>27987120
I heard of a guy using a .22 caliber pistol to kill himself and the bullet never even exited his head
>>
Probably not. If you can, I'd try buying a higher caliber firearm or hanging / helium tank.
>>
It could, but odds are it would bouncr around your skull and put a dozen tiny bullet troughs in your brain. It will fuck you all sorts of up, but it won't kill you.
>>
>>27987423
Helium tanks have oxygen now. He would have to use something different, like nitrogen.
>>
>>27987172
Then don't even consider it mang.
>>
No, that's how you become a potato. Really guns are one of the worse ways to kill yourself. I'd recommend you look it up before you do it. I'd also recommend you don't kill yourself though.
>>
No, a .22 is not good enough. About 25% of firearm suicides fail, and it's generally because people use small caliber weapons like this. I wouldn't even use a 9mm - .40 is bare minimum imo, and I've researched this a LOT.

Do not try to kill yourself with a .22.
>>
>>27987120
A 22 LR will definitely kill you. It'll bounce around and fuck shit up. Even if you are still alive on the most off chance, you're not all there.
>>
>>27988590
They will also fail if you don't angle it correctly.
>>
>>27988576
>guns are one of the worse ways to kill yourself
>implying
Shotgun to the head is one of the most reliable and less painful ways to kill yourself.
>>
Give it a try and report back when you know.
>>
>>27988590
This. Unless you're very accurate with a .22, you're going to be in for far more suffering than you have now.

I'm lucky enough to be in the US where shotguns are easily available, thankfully.
>>
.22 is not going to work. You definitely need a bigger caliber. There's a video of some Brazilian guy who tried to kill himself with a fal, which is 7.62x51, and he lived with most of his head and face missing. If you're going to do it, go all out or prepare to potato.
>>
Shoot yourself from the .22 so that once you shoot you fall off a building. You won't even know you're falling and that just makes it pretty much 100% chance of death.
>>
>>27987120
You should combine it with another method to minimize the chances of survival (like shooting yourself from the rooftop or a high place from which you are guaranteed to fall afterwards). Shooting + drowning would be a viable option as well.
>>
It definitely can kill you, but it also definitely can fail and make you potato.
The main concerns are
-fucking up the angle by not understanding where the most important parts are inside the head, so read up
-fucking up by flinching the gun's angle or your head's angle out of fear at the last second, so clamp both in place if you can
>>
>>27988590
>>27988576
>>27988576
>>27988611
>>27988644
>>27988822
why in the fuck are human beings so difficult to kill? 150 years ago people died from the common cold. now even fucking guns won't do the job
>>
>>27988862
Ambulances and medicine and shit.
Which can be avoided by traveling certain places without telling anyone.
>>
>>27987120
Why do you want to kill yourself OP? I don't want to talk you out of it but it would be more interesting to have some backround info
>>
>>27988664
>>27988753
Even falling doesn't guarantee death, especially when you go unconscious and limp after the bullet. Apparently a limp body doesn't take as much damage as a paniced stiff body.
There's that story of the woman who somehow fell from a fucking airplane and lived on without more than some broken bones. Never bothered to check if the story is legit though.
>>
>>27989160
That's why you shoot yourself at the edge of a rocky cliff and fall into the sea.
>>
>>27989160
>we live in an age where even falling won't do the job properly
>>
>>27989160
Just checked, she didn't exactly fall. She survived a plane crash after the plane exploded at 10km off the ground but even that might be bullshit because of some military cover up or whatever.
>>
>>27987120
yes, .22 will bounce around your skull and turn your brain into mush
>>
>>27987120
A .22 about an inch behind the temple will probably kill you.

A closed mouth full of water might work too, shoot at a 90 degree angle from beneath the chin.

It would be easier to just get a belt, loop it around your throat thus having this effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLgHSKcdO4
>>
>>27987120
.44 magnum is the minimum sized safe round for a 100% successful suicide rate (provided your aim isn't retarded).

I'm sorry OP, but I wouldn't risk it with a .22 round. Your potato chance is just too high.
>>
File: Hi-Point_Model_JHP_.45_ACP.jpg (47 KB, 602x375) Image search: [Google]
Hi-Point_Model_JHP_.45_ACP.jpg
47 KB, 602x375
>>27987120
Just buy a fuckin .45 Hi point makes one that typically costs around $200, Make sure you use hollow point rounds.

Gun is fuck ugly but they are actually well buit and reliable.
>>
>>27987120
might as well go full cobain desu. wouldn't want to risk surviving as a potato
>>
>>27989291
Funny shit yo
>>
If you're serious about killing yourself, sell your shit. Sell your comp, phone, tv, etc, for cheap and find a shotgun in a pawn shop or something. If you're gonna firearm-suicide then shotgun is the safest bet. If the initial blow doesn't kill you, bloodloss will
>>
>>27989567
This is bullshit
.t /k/
>>
People underestimate guns.
Shoot yourself in the heart multiple times.
Why go for the brain when that's how you lose all facility to kill yourself?
If you miss the heart you can try again.

But don't do it anon. Just find a way out.
>>
>>27993761
Because shooting yourself in the heart is a fucking painful as shit way to die. First the bullet wound, which you may or may not feel, but mainly your brain suffocating and entering a panic mode quite possibly no one has survived
>>
>>27993789
Shoot yourself in the head after? What's the problem?
Seriously what kind of pussy thinks of killing himself but doesn't because he's afraid of pain?

Life should be enough pain that that isn't even an issue. I live because I don't like the consequences my death would have on others. Pain is nothing. I can't sympathize at all.

Sounds like anon just wants attention if this were his reasoning.
>>
>>27987120
.22 will and it'll bounce around your skull and do more damage then a clean pass through would. Make sure to shoot yourself in the temple or the old gun in the mouth though
>>
I got shot in the head and no. You will most likely not die from a .22. Go for a 12 gauge slug or jump from a 10 story building.
>>
Just jump off of a tall building op. a .22 won't kill you. Just make you a vegetable.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.