[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people that think anyone deserves to be alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>there are people that think anyone deserves to be alone
>>
File: 1459926703268.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459926703268.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
explain why you deserve companionship
>>
File: alone.jpg (22 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
22 KB, 500x574
I personally believe that I deserve to be alone.

You don't know me, who are you to say that I don't know what is best for me and those around me.
>>
>>27986292
We don't deserve anything. I hate people that imply anyone would anything to them. But we do seek companionship, humans can't live a healthy life when they are alone. But still we don't deserve shit.
>>
What about the substantial minority of people who want to be alone?
>>
>>27986088
at this point i really prefer to be alone for as long as i can before you **have to commit to society/family etc.
what i can't fucking stand is this ringing and stuffiness in my ears and this viral/bacterial whatever infection that has killed me for months now. jesus christ i want it to end
>>
>>27986292
People don't "deserve" anything. People usually use "deserve" to mean "something bad happened to you, but it's okay because I don't like you". It's a silly word.
>>
Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on, girl" said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her?"
>>
>>27986292
why do people deserve water?
>>
>>27987083
They don't, though. "Deserve" is a meaningless word.
>>
>>27986088

There's a reason you're alone, and you deserve it in the sense that something about you puts people off to a degree that they don't want to be around you. Cause and effect, really. Maybe try to figure out what it is about you that puts people off, and work on it until you're able to connect with people. That's just generic advice, and I don't expect you to take it. It's something I tell myself even though I never actually go through with trying to fix my personality.
>>
>>27987078
neat, but what's the relevance?
>>
>>27987311

"Deserve" is not a meaningless word...

Definition: do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).

If your actions or qualities bring about your loneliness then, by definition, you deserve it because what you are or what you have done have made that happen. You deserve it. Actions have consequences, anon. Don't think it's just the way the wind blows, because it's not.
>>
>>27987518
>Definition: do something or have or show qualities worthy of (reward or punishment).
>worthy of
Who decides this? If my "deserves" can be different from your "deserves", in what sense does the word have meaning?

>Don't think it's just the way the wind blows, because it's not.
So what caused my actions?
>>
>>27987557
>Who decides this? If my "deserves" can be different from your "deserves", in what sense does the word have meaning?

Society dictates what is worthy of reward or punishment, clearly. And yes, it is open ended. One action witnessed by one person my be worthy of punishment, while that same action witnessed by another may be worthy of reward. Doesn't change the fact that your loneliness is deserved. Maybe you haven't run across the person who views the world in a similar way to you. The word still has meaning, and it can definitely be used in this context whether or not the definition can change from individual to individual.

>So what caused my actions?

your thoughts, obviously.
>>
>>27987078
I always liked that story.

Better then poorly translated koans.
>>
>>27987675
But someone may look at it and say you don't deserve to be lonely, there's no objective way of determining who deserves what
>>
>>27987949

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I've said all that there is to say from my point of view.
>>
But I don't.
I have no qualities that a woman would like and I don't do shit to get one anyway.
So I don't *deserve* to have a companion. Imagine I had one... she'll be bored to death with me by day 2.
I have almost no experience with sex, while people my age get laid at least every weekend. I have a boring personality, no conversation, and I spend my whole day learning about computers, which is not a skill that I can show around like a painter or a musician can. "Oh hey look girl I just configured my Arch to be just the way I want it, see that black screen? well that's just how I like it".
I don't have money either.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.