[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh contribution to society Society doesn't care for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: comfy neet 2.jpg (41 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
comfy neet 2.jpg
41 KB, 390x390
>Muh contribution to society
Society doesn't care for you, wagecuck. The sooner you realizs that you are a replacable cog on the wheel, the sooner you set yourself free.

Until then, enjoy your few hours of freedom.
>>
Currently I am on 3 weeks of medical paid leave due to breaking my knee at work.

Now do you neets do it? I'm on day 2 and I am bored as hell. All I do it refresh pages hoping for something new.
>>
>>27983209
Like everything you do everyday, it's hard as fuck to get off it. Getting off the "work" addiction is much like a fat person trying to stop eating shitty food, or getting a druggie to stop taking drugs.
>>
>>27983209
It's pretty sad you don't know what to do with yourself unless you're working. What did you do during vacations for school?
>>
>>27983241
>Getting off the "work" addiction is much like a fat person trying to stop eating shitty food

Funny, because that's what being a NEET is actually like.

Eating cake or ice cream or chocolate for dessert is great after you eat it at the end of a savory & healthy meal, and don't eat so much that you feel sick.

That's what free time is like.

If you look at those TV shows about Americans that weigh 600+ pounds and eat nothing but sugar and fat all day long, they're absolutely miserable. They say that stuffing cake in their face is the only thing that brings them joy but really it's what brings them down because they're in a self-imposed prison and inflicting torture on themselves.

Same thing with free time, free time is only free when it's freed up from a regular schedule. There's no free time if all your time is free, and then it loses all its value and it becomes dead time, and you end up frogposting on r9k as a way to pass the days which turn into weeks, months and years.

Life is about balance. Sunshine and clear skies is worthless without clouds and rain.
>>
I have made this realization but I still need money.

Whats a way I can travel and live in my truck but still make money to survive?
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>27982906
This thread is in dire need of a "This." post.
>>
>>27983438
>>27982906

What's wrong, frogposter, cat got your tongue? or are you too busy writing classical music and sailing on your private yacht?
>>
File: mari.jpg (83 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
mari.jpg
83 KB, 670x377
>>27983438
I like the idea behind this, and am personally not an advocate for being a NEET. With that being said, isn't it possible that rather than working, you just do something that fulfills you emotionally? Whether it's building a boat, making paintings, or coding video games you don't have to do traditional work as a "healthy meal". It's of course possible that you have a super satisfying dream job, but lets be honest here, most people don't fit into this category.
>>
>>27982906
Society generally respect workers and hate neets though

Here's your response
>>
File: 1455820292394.jpg (392 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455820292394.jpg
392 KB, 1280x720
contributing to society is the last thing on my mind. I'm more worried about putting a roof over my head and some food on my plate.
>>
>>27983923
of course, and that's what hobbies and free time are for. Like you said, most people just work to pay the bills and make connections, very few people go to be whatever it was they dreamed of being when they were like 10 yeas old.

Even those who got to be rock stars or astronauts or athletes or actors don't really do it for spiritual reasons either
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.