[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Avoidant Personality Disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: z2.png (244 KB, 297x462) Image search: [Google]
z2.png
244 KB, 297x462
>at the doctor's office today
>literally everyone who walks up to the receptionist smiles and makes witty small talk with her
>all I can do is mumble out my name and sign my name with a shaking hand
>this is the first time I've left the house in three weeks
>I will never, ever be able to actually just bee myself around other people
I want to die.
>>
P-please someone post in m-my thread ;_;
>>
>>27980816
stupid bunny poster
>>
File: z4.jpg (53 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
z4.jpg
53 KB, 600x593
>>27980849
Rude, to be perfectly frank.
>>
>>27980981
Holy shit you cringey man baby please get some social skills you autistic fuck
>>
File: 1457271896480.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1774) Image search: [Google]
1457271896480.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1774
>at doctors office getting tests done
>doctor says it will be about two hours til the results come in
>decide just to wait around in the lobby the whole time because going back home just to come back in that tiny window would be a waste
>fiddle with phone and spend the time people watching
>notice pretty much every single conversation people have with the receptionist is about one of three things. The weather, some stupid as hell doctor joke, and the old people ask her how shes doing.
>realize the lady says just about the same exact shit to every one of these people

People watching is weird, you see shit you never typical notice.
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 321x322
>>27980440
I want to Frank the Robert
>>
>>27980440
i felt the same way before i became an alcoholic :D
>>
>>27981054
Don't you dare ever fucking reply to me again if you're not going to contribute to my thread you braindead fucking chromosome-lacking faggot.
>>
Get a diagnosis for it or go back to tumblr
>>
Is making small talk with the receptionist really so important to your self worth?
Maybe you're actually carrying around a brain in your gead instead of a televised hall of mirrors like most chumps and find it difficult to casually take your turn socially interacting like cows lining up to be slaughtered
Nobody cared you were quiet except for you, and she thought you were a freako because of your shakes (people STILL ask me if I'm on some sort of medication or if I have a netve disease), because believe it or not most people don't know what real anxiety is because they aren't capable of judging rhemselves through another's eyes, if you hadn't shaked or shown nervousness any observer would have assumed you were too important or cool to be nice. People are stupid sheep, rhey want you to show confidence so you can lead them around, especially if they smell you might be smart
>>
>>27980440
Try MDMA at some rave party.
Seriously
>>
>>27980440
This is me, but they say I have social anxiety.
>>
>>27981684
I'm diagnosed, in CBT, and on medication. I'm still struggling.
>>
>>27981930
Maybe because you have social anxiety?
>>
This disorder was made up by some jew for laughs. Kek. Next will be outgoing disorder.
>>
>have avpd probably
>have a fuck it it has to be done attitude to counter it but it's dolely in the context of work, where i can pretend to be normal
>really dont want to be alone but see no way out of it

It's alright, id say my lack of discipline is more of a problem than the avpd stuff though
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>27981424

Stupiduckingrobot
>>
>>27980440
>haven't talked to any of my irl friends in 4+ years
>even when I talked to them, I never really connected to them out of fear of being criticized or ridiculed
>have never really connected to my parents either, they're nice I just don't talk to them ever
>stopped attending college
>afraid to apply for jobs because I feel like I'll never be good enough for one, even for remedial shit like being a cashier
>started distancing myself from online friends too, haven't even appeared online on steam in at least a year
>have reached a point where I genuinely feel like I just enjoy being alone and friendless

just fuck my shit up, I suppose

>>27982122
>>have a fuck it it has to be done attitude to counter it

This is kinda what kept me in school for a while, my fear of failure kept me from just ditching it earlier
>>
>>27981424
I believe you are the chromosome lacking one here, sire
>>
I'm somewhere halfway between AvPD and schizoid. It isn't very fun.

And no, that isn't just me jerking off to the idea of being mentally ill, that's what the actual medical tests in the looney bin said.
>>
Social invalid present
>but not always accounted for
Are you looking for a friend who doesn't judge you based on looks or neet (or other possibly generally undesirable) status?
Need someone who understands (or doesn't) your socially inept reality?
Or do you just enjoy chatting with a stranger who uses Jameson as an excuse to listen to Slim Shady louder than anyone approves?
Then maybe this kik is right for you!
> Copathetic
**Disclaimer: I'm over 18 and expect the same of you. I don't send you dick pics, please don't send me any. Unless I ask. Or beg. Or demand. Doubtful.
***A lot of people ask me, stupid fuckin' questions
A lot of people think that, what I say on record
Or what I talk about on a record, that I actually do in real life
Or that I believe in it
Or if I say that, I want to kill somebody, that
I'm actually gonna do it
Or that I believe in it
Well, shit, if you believe that
Then I'll kill you
>>
File: its totally ectoplasm.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
its totally ectoplasm.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>27980440
Please, stop posting that fucking rabbit.
>>
>>27982625
I feel the same way about enjoying being alone.
I hungout with a childhood friend of mine this weekend, he slept over, and we went to the gym both days, but we didn't really have stuff to talk about.

Granted, he's a Chad, but it was like as soon as he left, I kind of felt free, ya'know?

It's comfy not having to rely on others if you want to go somewhere and do something. Or conversely, not being pressured into going somewhere when you don't.
>>
>>27982861
I get what you mean. The last time I hung out with a friend, I just felt so drained at the end of the day and didn't feel like doing anything at all for the next few days.

It's a little hard for me to come up with excuses to stay home, though. I always feel bad, like it's rude or I'll offend them if I just say "I don't feel like going out, I just want to stay home," but I also feel bad about coming up with a lie, so I usually just ignore requests to hang out. This was back when I actually still talked to my friends, mind you. This hasn't happened in years.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.