[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I dwell on the negatives of my life more than the positives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Why do I dwell on the negatives of my life more than the positives?
>>
>>27980320
To improve yourself
Which you don't do
>>
Bad habits.
You need to re-write your thought process.
>>
I relate to that comic way too hard.
>>
Being a jerk is a good thing, OPm don't you know?
The nice guys never get laid kekek
>>
>>27980320
So you can fix them mane.

It's good that you know that you can be a jerk sometimes so you pro actively can work on never being a jerk
>>
>>27980320
Because you set an unrealistic standard by which to judge yourself. What would it take for you to be happy? For literally everyone to only ever say nice things about you? Surely you wouldn't apply that to anyone else. You wouldn't say "that person is only worthwhile or worthy of love if everyone everywhere likes them all the time." So why apply that to yourself?
>>
Because everyone wants acceptance and to know that they are doing the right thing. However, this is almost never happens and you end up focusing on how much of a failure you are for not being able to do what other people seem so adept at doing.

However, all people struggle with a fear of rejection in some way, shape, or form and despite this you, like most if not all people, focus on your own mistakes no matter how small they may be.
>>
>>27980320

You have people who positively reinforce you?
>>
It's called the "negativity bias" and its common to all humans.
>>
File: image.jpg (454 KB, 1789x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
454 KB, 1789x2048
>>27980320

Op, say you are a primitive man.

One time you found some nice berries. Another time a saber tooth tiger jumped out from a bush just like the berry bush.

Your brain is programmed to remember he negatives because that is what keeps you alive. So you won't think "berries!" You'll think "tiger?"
>>
>>27981425
So there's a bunch pf people complimenting you?
>>
The opposite is much worse immunity to criticism creates monsters
>>
>>27980320
>Top eBayer A+++
Kek
>>
>>27980320

i think its because deep inside we know the negatives are more truthful and more firmly rooted in reality.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.